Richard 10: Swampfire
Sonic_Gamer
ZeroRecoil
Tsuchimikado Motoharu
Ebomnitrix
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 4 Empty Re: SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 16th February 2013, 3:25 pm

Omniversed

Human
Human

Wait, hold on a second... Back in Of Predators & Prey Pt. 2 I distinctly remember Khyber saying his pet was "feral himself".

Apparently Kevin knows an alien mutt's gender when he sees one. Khyber however, probably didn't figure that out. Ugh, this is so confusing!

77SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 4 Empty Re: SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 16th February 2013, 3:37 pm

datdude

datdude
Plumber
Plumber

Omniversed wrote:Wait, hold on a second... Back in Of Predators & Prey Pt. 2 I distinctly remember Khyber saying his pet was "feral himself".

Apparently Kevin knows an alien mutt's gender when he sees one. Khyber however, probably didn't figure that out. Ugh, this is so confusing!

Or kyber just didnt care

78SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 4 Empty Re: SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 16th February 2013, 4:00 pm

Kariachi

Kariachi
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

OprahWinfrey62 wrote:
datdude wrote:
painlee wrote:
OprahWinfrey62 wrote:Name is still Francis.
franchesca

Lets go with Fran

cis.

That makes Francis.

Which is still her name.

Frances. Female spelling of Francis.

And maybe Khyber just didn't bother to check. A lot of people assume that their pets are the same sex as them if not told.

Although now I have images of little Franceses running around... Very Happy

PS: Anybody who can get me screenshots of Kevin and Frances, especially from when she's latched onto his ankle, will be loved forever.

79SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 4 Empty Re: SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 17th February 2013, 1:30 am

Ursalink

Plumber
Plumber

I didn't comment anything back when Part 1 was aired because I prefered to wait for the second part. Anyway, after seeing all this, now I want to comment a lot of things:

+ I can't believe no one has noticed a cameo in the Part 1. When Humungousaur slips himself under Tyrannopede, he accidentally trips and ruins a scale model of what it seems to be "prhistoric Galvans". If you look closely to the designs of their primitive houses, clothes and vehicles, you will realize that they are copies from the world of "The Flintstones".
+ The story of the Omnivoracious mades me think about the dinosaurs. Omnivoracious were once the dominant species on Galvan Prime, but a meteor struck the planet and destroyed most members of the species; allowing the Galvans to evolve without danger. Just like the dinosaurs were once the dominant species on Earth until a meteor killed them, allowing mammals to take the planet and create his first sentient species: the human race. So that makes me think, could this mean that some dinosaurs could be the human's natural predator. Since the Tyrannosaur has been used for "Tyrannopede", maybe our predator could be the Velociraptors. Don't you think?
+ I'm really feeling sorry for Pakmar, he's always in the wrong place and in the wrong time. But in this episodes, this time the blame is on him. I mean, why didn't he put some more clear signs of his "barbecue truck" to avoid misunderstandings? This one was his fault.
+ It's funny, you know? Khyber's dog has ended in a way more similar to what I was suspecting from the beginning. I mean, it never was truly evil, it was just a "pet" obeying orders from its "master". And in the end, his "master" simply abandoned him even after calling it "old friend" so many times. I suspected that at the end, he would join Ben's team with the Nemetrix, being really useful as a "police dog" and fighting alongside Ben and Rook. Too bad it lost the Nemetrix, but at least now it has a better "master" with Kevin; which I didn't expected Kevin adopting it, but I guess that's the kind of dog that suits him. And discovering the mutt is actually a female... Well, I'd have never imagined that!!

+ Speaking of Khyber, it's obvious he will return in the future, since he run away with the Nemetrix. I know they told us that the Nemetrix wouldn't work of a sentient being because of the wild nature of the Nemetrix. But somehow, I suspect Khyber will actually find a way to use it himself the next time we see him. I see this villain as living in the border between "sentient" and "feral" because of his old "hunter stuff"; which by the way, makes me think about Kraven the Hunter, Spiderman's foe. I wouldn't be surprised if Khyber ask Albedo for help to find a way to use the Nemetrix himself; as Albedo's knowledge of the Omnitrix's technology and experience using it could make him the ideal subject to "perfect it". But something tells me that would be Albedo's last act, as I'm sure Khyber would then kill/hunt him as a perfect "guinea pig". I mean, once Khyber sees that he has hunted Ben's "lame clone", he will think he's ready to hunt the "real deal".
+ It was really nice to see the trio (Ben, Gwen and Kevin) back in action again, just like in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien. I just hope this won't be the last one. And their faces when Grampa Max appeared without pants... I almost killed myself laughing when the camera focused on their faces.
+ Speaking of Max, I really feel sorry for him in this episode. We could say he was the laughing matter in this episode instead of Ben; first with the "mini-jet pack" and then losing his pants.
+ Gwen's fury with Kevin, Ben and Rook's comments about her not being pretty... It was hilarious!!! But now, seriously, I think by logic, you can only feel yourself attracted to someone of your species. I still don't get how it's possible that a pyronite (Heatblast) and a human fall in love and have childrens (Alan Albright). Honestly, Gwen was pretty in Omniverse's first episode, before going to college; but now, with her new "nerdy look", it ruined her "pretty factor". Don't you think she's starting to look like Velma from "Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated"?

+ I'm glad to see that Way Big didn't lost his cosmic ray's power in Omniverse. But I really missed Ultimate Way Big when Malware became even bigger than Way Big. Maybe Ultimate Way Big could have fought him the same way he did against Diagon. And it was very funny and appropiated when Way Big land on Malware, stomping him.
+ Malware's final form as a "super giant" was awesome, but I really expected they would have used Malware's look from the videogame "Ben 10: Omniverse" in the series. Well, there's still hope, because I don't think we have seen the last of Malware. Sure, we saw him turned into stone, but Young Ben already killed him after he destroyed Feedback, and still, he returned. So, who says he won't be able to return in the future? And very funny the way he was turned into stone. It was like it was ripped his new "red form" and he was back into his "original red form".
+ It was great to see Ben gaining Feedback again, but not very amazing since we already knew he would return after seeing "Store 23". Besides, if Current Ben couldn't use Feedback, I would always think that Ben would always stay "imcomplete". It was very appropiated his return in this episode, as it was "even the score" against the guy who destroyed him first. One more thing, when Ben said "Did you miss me?", it was Ben who talked or Feedback?
+ I was also sure that Galvan B would be reconstructed, but I wasn't sure how. I thought Ben could use Alien X again, but I guess Ben already "consumed" his luck with this one after reconstructing the whole universe. It was amazing how all the Mechamorphs reconstructed their planet like that.

Well, opinions?

80SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 4 Empty Re: SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 17th February 2013, 2:19 am

painlee

painlee
Magister
Magister

i loved the reference to Alien Force episode episode unearthed.

81SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 4 Empty Re: SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 17th February 2013, 3:08 am

ultraalien

Plumber
Plumber

You know Ursalink I would not be surprised that Khyber would team up with Vilgax.

82SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 4 Empty Re: SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 17th February 2013, 3:15 am

Kariachi

Kariachi
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

Ursalink wrote:
+ Gwen's fury with Kevin, Ben and Rook's comments about her not being pretty... It was hilarious!!! But now, seriously, I think by logic, you can only feel yourself attracted to someone of your species. I still don't get how it's possible that a pyronite (Heatblast) and a human fall in love and have childrens (Alan Albright). Honestly, Gwen was pretty in Omniverse's first episode, before going to college; but now, with her new "nerdy look", it ruined her "pretty factor". Don't you think she's starting to look like Velma from "Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated"?

Okay, I agree with you on just about everything you said, including the velociraptor idea. That would be awesome.

But I had to comment on this one. Really, I think it would be possible to be attracted to a member of another species, either through your own personal kink or through just spending a lot of time isolated with that species. It's not too outlandish to think that a Pyronite who found himself surrounded by humans, with no other Pyronites around, would, after a time, find himself attracted to humans. They would become the norm and therefor a viable outlet. And this is just for the physical stuff, I can't see any reason why two members of sentient species couldn't fall into emotional love, as physical attraction only makes up a small portion of the attraction in that case. Even then, it's entirely possible that the emotional attraction would make them seem physically attractive anyway.

Also, pretty is very subjective. I've got a thing for glasses myself, and happen to think Velma is just lovely in any version.

83SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 4 Empty Re: SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 17th February 2013, 3:20 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Tsuchimikado Motoharu
Magister
Magister

Kariachi wrote:Also, pretty is very subjective. I've got a thing for glasses myself, and happen to think Velma is just lovely in any version.

You. I like you.

84SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 4 Empty Re: SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 17th February 2013, 10:57 am

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

Am I the only one seeing how similar Malware is to Alpha?

-the use of the word "father"
-very powerful and can absorb powers
-the desire to destroy his creator
-similar color scheme and size
-similar personalities

85SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 4 Empty Re: SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 17th February 2013, 12:25 pm

painlee

painlee
Magister
Magister

the unearthed reference was awesome.

86SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 4 Empty Re: SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 17th February 2013, 8:47 pm

Lukey

Lukey
Plumber
Plumber

I liked the whole Feedback stuff and Ben having to accept that for him to come back, and I loved seeing Gwen and Kevin again.

I didn't like the scale or plotting of the episode though, it felt very flat and un-epic, considering the story and characters. I really liked Malware up until this point as well. I feel like this arc had a nice concept but like most things in Omniverse, the execution ruined it. Good story, bad plotting.

Obviously I didn't like Driba and Blukic either or the mockery they made of Grandpa Max.

Seeing Waybig is always cool though.

87SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 4 Empty Re: SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 18th February 2013, 4:42 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Tsuchimikado Motoharu
Magister
Magister

Sebastian13 wrote:Am I the only one seeing how similar Malware is to Alpha?

-similar personalities

There are some similarities, but I do not think their personalities are all that similar.

It would be great to see the two of them interact, tho.

88SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 4 Empty Re: SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 18th February 2013, 3:21 pm

Kariachi

Kariachi
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

Lodestar's Advocate wrote:

-similar personalities

There are some similarities, but I do not think their personalities are all that similar.

And then the world exploded.

89SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 4 Empty Re: SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 18th February 2013, 3:42 pm

painlee

painlee
Magister
Magister

-similar personalities

Malware is dead he would need for some one to use the Helix to revive him.

90SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 4 Empty Re: SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 18th February 2013, 4:15 pm

Kariachi

Kariachi
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

painlee wrote:

-similar personalities

Malware is dead he would need for some one to use the Helix to revive him.

Who wants to bet we have this fic by June?

91SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 4 Empty Re: SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 18th February 2013, 5:11 pm

Ursalink

Plumber
Plumber

ultraalien wrote:You know Ursalink I would not be surprised that Khyber would team up with Vilgax.

I doubt it. I see this a possible "Deja Vu" of Vilgax and Albedo's team up. Vilgax betrays Khyber at the end, take the Nemetrix for himself and use it to create an army of "unstoppable predators". Controlling an army of "ferocious beasts" sounds way more effective for a conqueror than an army of "sentient beings". If Vilgax's robots could be under his control even when they were transformed, I guess the same thing could work for the Nemetrix.

92SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 4 Empty Re: SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 22nd February 2013, 2:26 am

bblast616

bblast616
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

This episode was pretty much a masterpiece. I'm going to go ahead and say that the scene where Ben talked to Young Ben inside Malware was probably the best moment of character development for Ben Tennyson that Tara Strong and Yuri Lowenthal have ever performed. So true to their characters.

Does anyone disagree with that statement? If so, what do you think was the best character moment for Ben Tennyson?

93SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 4 Empty Re: SHOWDOWN SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 22nd February 2013, 12:09 pm

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

bblast616 wrote:This episode was pretty much a masterpiece. I'm going to go ahead and say that the scene where Ben talked to Young Ben inside Malware was probably the best moment of character development for Ben Tennyson that Tara Strong and Yuri Lowenthal have ever performed. So true to their characters.

Does anyone disagree with that statement? If so, what do you think was the best character moment for Ben Tennyson?

My favorite was the one from The Final Battle in the forest. One of the saddest and best done moments in the series.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum