Hawkeye & Hulk
Tsuchimikado Motoharu
Ursalink
Ebomnitrix
Uncle Grandpa
36 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

26T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 2 Empty Re: T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 6th March 2013, 3:52 am

ultraalien

Plumber
Plumber

Hawkeye & Hulk wrote:How could it be the Secret Saturdays? Hasn't that show been canceled for a few years?
It will most likely be a show Derrick has worked on like Scooby Doo, Transformers, or Teen Titans.
Since it is assumed that the episode will be the average 22-24 minutes then it might just be Rex Salazar returning for the special. So that they will not have to do the whole. "Who are you!" "Lets do the common tv crossover fight" "Lets join forces because we get along now!" "Lets fight the real bad guy" "Lets go on our seperate ways" All of these cleches are used in several crossovers.
Actually it wasn't really cancelled it just ended.

27T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 2 Empty Re: T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 6th March 2013, 3:57 am

datdude

datdude
Plumber
Plumber

ultraalien wrote:
Hawkeye & Hulk wrote:How could it be the Secret Saturdays? Hasn't that show been canceled for a few years?
It will most likely be a show Derrick has worked on like Scooby Doo, Transformers, or Teen Titans.
Since it is assumed that the episode will be the average 22-24 minutes then it might just be Rex Salazar returning for the special. So that they will not have to do the whole. "Who are you!" "Lets do the common tv crossover fight" "Lets join forces because we get along now!" "Lets fight the real bad guy" "Lets go on our seperate ways" All of these cleches are used in several crossovers.
Actually it wasn't really cancelled it just ended.

Its more that its owned outright by cartoon network where as DC properties like teen titans have an other company involved.

Granted ALL of this si coming off a vague comment dereck made im betting its just an ep about ben buming it up on a saturday afternoon.

28T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 2 Empty Re: T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 7th March 2013, 12:13 am

Omniversed

Human
Human

verbomaniac wrote:
datdude wrote: An action comedy? closest one i can thing of IS the secret Saturdays. Anyone else got any ideas?
The only possible action comedy I can think of is Teen Titans.

Considering it's "coming back" in a way, I suppose that would be a fair guess. If there was such a crossover, I would hope Ben gains his own Tamaranean alien form. (For those of you that don't know, that's Starfire's alien race.) It would be hilarious to see Ben try to control his new form when he has no idea that emotions are what trigger this alien's powers in the first place. (Super Strength=Confidence, Flight=Joy, Starbolts=Fury, for those of you that don't know still.)

Better yet, we could see a real surprise considering it may be Starfire's DNA that gets picked up by the Omnitrix. And considering it's her exact DNA, it accidentally gives Ben a female Tamaranean form.

Thoughts anyone?

29T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 2 Empty Re: T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 7th March 2013, 1:59 am

painlee

painlee
Magister
Magister

Omniversed wrote:
verbomaniac wrote:
datdude wrote: An action comedy? closest one i can thing of IS the secret Saturdays. Anyone else got any ideas?

Considering it's "coming back" in a way, I suppose that would be a fair guess. If there was such a crossover, I would hope Ben gains his own Tamaranean alien form. (For those of you that don't know, that's Starfire's alien race.) It would be hilarious to see Ben try to control his new form when he has no idea that emotions are what trigger this alien's powers in the first place. (Super Strength=Confidence, Flight=Joy, Starbolts=Fury, for those of you that don't know still.)

Better yet, we could see a real surprise considering it may be Starfire's DNA that gets picked up by the Omnitrix. And considering it's her exact DNA, it accidentally gives Ben a female Tamaranean form.

Thoughts anyone?
um no the omnitrix turn the wearer in to a alien form of it gender.

30T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 2 Empty Re: T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 7th March 2013, 2:17 am

Omniversed

Human
Human

painlee wrote:
Omniversed wrote:
verbomaniac wrote:

Thoughts anyone?

That confuses me entirely then. Every single alien I've seen with their DNA copied into the Omnitrix is male or somewhat. I don't believe Ben's taken in alien DNA from a female specimen.

Also, does the Omnitrix have that capability to transform Ben into his own male transformation? Despite the DNA taken into the Omnitrix?

If so, I would like confirmation, or at least some sort of notice before I can pass this off as a bad idea.

31T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 2 Empty Re: T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 7th March 2013, 2:27 am

painlee

painlee
Magister
Magister

Omniversed wrote:
painlee wrote:
Omniversed wrote:
verbomaniac wrote:

Thoughts anyone?

That confuses me entirely then. Every single alien I've seen with their DNA copied into the Omnitrix is male or somewhat. I don't believe Ben's taken in alien DNA from a female specimen.

Also, does the Omnitrix have that capability to transform Ben into his own male transformation? Despite the DNA taken into the Omnitrix?

If so, I would like confirmation, or at least some sort of notice before I can pass this off as a bad idea.
all it matter it the species DNA not the gender.

32T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 2 Empty Re: T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 7th March 2013, 2:59 am

Omniversed

Human
Human

painlee wrote:
Omniversed wrote:
painlee wrote:
Omniversed wrote:
verbomaniac wrote:

Thoughts anyone?

When you put it like that, you're right, only the DNA gets copied as information, nothing else. So yeah, Ben would get just a male form. Thanks for pointing that out, otherwise I might've started a really bad argument.

Anyways, anyone else have thoughts on the idea of Ben 10 crossing over with the Teen Titans?

33T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 2 Empty Re: T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 7th March 2013, 3:17 am

painlee

painlee
Magister
Magister

Omniversed wrote:
painlee wrote:
Omniversed wrote:
painlee wrote:
Omniversed wrote:
verbomaniac wrote:

Thoughts anyone?

When you put it like that, you're right, only the DNA gets copied as information, nothing else. So yeah, Ben would get just a male form. Thanks for pointing that out, otherwise I might've started a really bad argument.

Anyways, anyone else have thoughts on the idea of Ben 10 crossing over with the Teen Titans?
i would not be surprised if the Omnitrix have a change gender feature any way as the omnitrix is supposed to recreate the species in case of extinction.

34T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 2 Empty Re: T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 7th March 2013, 3:48 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Tsuchimikado Motoharu
Magister
Magister

Omniversed wrote:
painlee wrote:
Omniversed wrote:
painlee wrote:
Omniversed wrote:
verbomaniac wrote:

Thoughts anyone?

Uh, no. DNA determines everything, including gender. If a sample was from a female, Ben would only be able to turn into a female

35T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 2 Empty Re: T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 7th March 2013, 4:11 am

verbomaniac

Plumber
Plumber

Lodestar's Advocate wrote:
Omniversed wrote:
painlee wrote:
Omniversed wrote:
painlee wrote:
Omniversed wrote:
verbomaniac wrote:

Thoughts anyone?

Uh, no. DNA determines everything, including gender. If a sample was from a female, Ben would only be able to turn into a female
I disagree. In the episode Gwen 10, all of the aliens in the omnitrix were girls. But the same DNA was in it when Ben owned the omnitrix and all of his aliens were boys.

36T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 2 Empty Re: T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 7th March 2013, 5:05 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Tsuchimikado Motoharu
Magister
Magister

verbomaniac wrote:
Omniversed wrote:
painlee wrote:
Omniversed wrote:
painlee wrote:
Omniversed wrote:
verbomaniac wrote:

Thoughts anyone?

I disagree. In the episode Gwen 10, all of the aliens in the omnitrix were girls. But the same DNA was in it when Ben owned the omnitrix and all of his aliens were boys.

It doesn't matter if you disagree, DNA dictates pretty much literally everything, and by definition, this does not exclude gender. All this means is that the Omnitrix contains a sample of each gender of each species. Nothing else makes any sense.

37T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 2 Empty Re: T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 7th March 2013, 8:22 am

ZeroRecoil

ZeroRecoil
Plumber
Plumber

verbomaniac wrote:
Omniversed wrote:
painlee wrote:
Omniversed wrote:
painlee wrote:
Omniversed wrote:
verbomaniac wrote:

Thoughts anyone?

It doesn't matter if you disagree, DNA dictates pretty much literally everything, and by definition, this does not exclude gender. All this means is that the Omnitrix contains a sample of each gender of each species. Nothing else makes any sense.

I assumed that it's a Jurassic Park like situation where the omnitrix uses DNA from the host to fill in the gaps.

Anyway, a Tamaranean transformation is not going to happen.

Firstly because of copyright reasons (Omniverse would have to find some way of telling you that the form is from Teen Titans every episode the form is used in).

Omniverse, and Ben 10 in general, hates humanoids (well not really, but when the transformation in question is so human that the two could be indistinguishable. This would be a bad thing for multiple reasons).

And finally, If my DC lore is correct, then a Tamaranean form would be too powerful.

38T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 2 Empty Re: T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 7th March 2013, 9:01 pm

Omniversed

Human
Human

Oh jeez, look what I've caused among us... I'll start by answering to ZeroRecoil first.

Ahem. Given the fact Starfire is an alien, I don't really see why Ben can't get a Tamaranean transformation if there is such a crossover.

Sure, there are copyright issues among other things as this would seem like a stolen character. But given the idea, it sounds interesting. So, what if it did happen? What if Ben gained this new form? Not saying that it will, cause even if Teen Titans does somehow crosses over with Ben 10, I don't think they'd give Ben a new alien right off the bat.

Then there's the issue of power given to Ben. Look, I only considered the female form for a couple of reasons.

One, when Ben finds out he's got a girl alien, he'll never want to turn into it, considering he's used to his male forms and the fact that it would be kind of embarrassing.

Two, for the sake of not being overpowered, Ben would get utterly frustrated at the watch for turning him into this new form. This would be because he doesn't want to turn into it, ergo if he did, it be by accident. Since Ben won't have control of his emotions, some of his powers may be rendered useless. Flight for example.

Now back to the issue of copyright. Isn't it possible Ben 10 is a DC Universe show? *everyone laughs loudly* Okay, okay, fair enough, I know it's just a cartoon, but hear me out here. If Ben 10 was a DC show, then it would make sense to cross over with the Teen Titans. Better yet, remember that weird creature from that last episode of the Teen Titans with the Osmosian-like powers? What if that thing also attacked Ben and Rook, and they ran into the Titans trying to apprehend it? *silence*

Ugh... I'm just drawing blanks here now... Let's hope this crossover, whenever it may be, doesn't turn out to be a bust.

39T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 2 Empty Re: T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 7th March 2013, 10:17 pm

datdude

datdude
Plumber
Plumber

back to the episode any word on an official description yet?

40T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 2 Empty Re: T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 7th March 2013, 11:27 pm

verbomaniac

Plumber
Plumber

verbomaniac wrote:
Omniversed wrote:
painlee wrote:
Omniversed wrote:
painlee wrote:
Omniversed wrote:
verbomaniac wrote:

Thoughts anyone?

http://mobile.formspring.me/#response/434034088786032848 just saying.

41T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 2 Empty Re: T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 8th March 2013, 12:35 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Tsuchimikado Motoharu
Magister
Magister

Still doesn't matter, though. That question is too vague. If Ben scans an alien, of whatever gender, to unlock a form already in the Omnitrix, then yeah, it'll be male. But if it's a brand new alien, however, the Omnitrix will only have that sample available. The Omnitrix doesn't alter DNA samples. Benvicktor is Dr. Vicktor and NRG is P'andor. If a sample is female, or otherwise non-male, the Omnitrix isn't just going to give it a sex change. (After all, Big Chill didn't get boy parts just to keep the user comfortable) That's just silly and it negates the point of the Omnitrix. Besides, it's slightly sexist.

Of course, the opposite is also true. If Ben was female and she scanned P'andor, she would only be able to turn into the male him.

42T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 2 Empty Re: T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 8th March 2013, 2:53 am

verbomaniac

Plumber
Plumber

Lodestar's Advocate wrote:Still doesn't matter, though. That question is too vague. If Ben scans an alien, of whatever gender, to unlock a form already in the Omnitrix, then yeah, it'll be male. But if it's a brand new alien, however, the Omnitrix will only have that sample available. The Omnitrix doesn't alter DNA samples. Benvicktor is Dr. Vicktor and NRG is P'andor. If a sample is female, or otherwise non-male, the Omnitrix isn't just going to give it a sex change. (After all, Big Chill didn't get boy parts just to keep the user comfortable) That's just silly and it negates the point of the Omnitrix. Besides, it's slightly sexist.

Of course, the opposite is also true. If Ben was female and she scanned P'andor, she would only be able to turn into the male him.
I see that we are not going to come to an agreement on this. I respect your opinion and I hope that we have no hard feelings between each other.

43T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 2 Empty T.G.I.S full form 8th March 2013, 4:38 pm

nithishrajmr

T.G.I.S full form is Thank God It's Smoothies Surprised

44T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 2 Empty Re: T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 9th March 2013, 7:08 am

Tsaklas

Tsaklas
Plumber
Plumber

nithishrajmr wrote:T.G.I.S full form is Thank God It's Smoothies Surprised
Really ? How do you know ?

http://www.icarlynewsandepisodes.blogspot.com

45T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 2 Empty Re: T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 9th March 2013, 7:12 am

Tsaklas

Tsaklas
Plumber
Plumber

Guys, I think that if Rad airs on March 30, this would be the season finale and air on April 6 ! (as long as CN doesn't air an arc 4 episode before it)

http://www.icarlynewsandepisodes.blogspot.com

46T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 2 Empty Re: T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 17th March 2013, 8:02 pm

Ursalink

Plumber
Plumber

Guys, I want to comment with you a suspiction I have about this episode.

You see, I think "T.G.I.S." actually means "Thank Goodness Is Saturday"; however, I don't think it has something to do with "Secret Saturdays". After so much time, I don't find any sense to do a crossover with this series, since it never was especially famous. At least in my country, I think this series was never aired. However, something I saw in "The Frogs of War" made me suspect about which series could be the one to make a crossover with "Ben 10: Omniverse". Let me explain you the hints I noticed:

1º) I'm surprised no one has noticed something curious in the last minutes of the second part. Didn't you notice Ben's question mark above his head when Attea freed herself? Or the cartoonish faces that Ben, Gwen, Kevin and Max had when she revealed her whole scheme? Or Ben's face after Attea's kiss? Or even Kevin's "I'm gonna be sick" face after seeing Ben flirting with Attea? Those cartoonish features is something we have never seen in this (or any other) series of Ben 10. It actually reminded me the cartoonish gags we saw in the "Teen Titans" series. So, considering this, and also the fact that the art design of both shows look pretty similar, don't you think a crossover between these two series would be very appropiated?

2º) I just read a new in Toonbarn.com, saying that the "sequel series" of "Teen Titans" ("Teen Titans Go!") will premiere this April 23rd. In that case, it would be very possible that this crossover is also "promotional material" for this new series. But of course, the art style will have to be like the "normally serious style" from "Teen Titans"; not the new "cartoonish comedian style" from "Teen Titans Go!", don't you think?

3º) At first, it sounds complicated to me seeing Ben 10 working alongside characters from DC Comics. But then I think, maybe not. I mean, DC was bought by Warner Bros, and Cartoon Network belongs to Warner Bros too. Besides, Ben 10 was originally based on a character from DC Comics, "Dial H for HERO". So, technically, I don't think there will be a "legal" problem here; and neither a problem of "compatible nature".

4º) Just like it happened with Rex, I think Ben could actually bond pretty good with the Teen Titans. It can happen in two ways: by teams or in solitaire. I mean, if Ben has his team with him, then each member of the Teen Titans could find an"homologous" in the Teen Titans. Robin with Rook (serious and martial artist with high-tech weapons), Cyborg with Kevin (mainly because of their cars and interest in technology), Beast Boy with Ben (they are both "immature shapeshifting heroes"), Starfire and Raven with Gwen (girl's power). Maybe Kevin's dog could appear and bond with Raven, as they are both girls and they have a "spooky" look.

On the other hand, if Ben meets the Teen Titan in solitaire (like he did with Rex), he could bond with each member of the team through one of his alien forms; one that shares something in common with each Titan. For example, he could use Spidermonkey or Wildmutt with Beast Boy, Big Chill with Raven, Upgrade or Echo Echo with Cyborg, and maybe Heatblast with Starfire. With Robin, I guess he would be his "regular human self".

Well, what do you think?

47T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 2 Empty Re: T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 17th March 2013, 8:43 pm

Richard 10: Swampfire

Richard 10: Swampfire
Plumber
Plumber

Lodestar's Advocate wrote:Still doesn't matter, though. That question is too vague. If Ben scans an alien, of whatever gender, to unlock a form already in the Omnitrix, then yeah, it'll be male. But if it's a brand new alien, however, the Omnitrix will only have that sample available. The Omnitrix doesn't alter DNA samples. Benvicktor is Dr. Vicktor and NRG is P'andor. If a sample is female, or otherwise non-male, the Omnitrix isn't just going to give it a sex change. (After all, Big Chill didn't get boy parts just to keep the user comfortable) That's just silly and it negates the point of the Omnitrix. Besides, it's slightly sexist.

Of course it didn't. It didn't have to. His species reproduces asexually.

48T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 2 Empty Re: T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 17th March 2013, 9:19 pm

ZeroRecoil

ZeroRecoil
Plumber
Plumber

Ursalink wrote:snip

Yeah, Teen titans would be cool, but Derrick confirmed that the crossover would be with a show that he hadn't worked on before.
Secret Saturdays seems like a real thing. I've never seen that show though, is it any good?

49T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 2 Empty Re: T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 17th March 2013, 9:26 pm

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

ZeroRecoil wrote:
Ursalink wrote:snip

Yeah, Teen titans would be cool, but Derrick confirmed that the crossover would be with a show that he hadn't worked on before.
Secret Saturdays seems like a real thing. I've never seen that show though, is it any good?

Yeah, it was a really good show. Too bad it had to end...

Has anyone thought of the idea that the crossover is with Sym Bionic Titan? Probably not, but it would be amazing. I'd still rather have the Secret Saturdays, which already mentioned Galvans and Enoch so they are already in the same universe.

50T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 2 Empty Re: T.G.I.S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 17th March 2013, 9:31 pm

Lukey

Lukey
Plumber
Plumber

[quote="Sebastian13"]
ZeroRecoil wrote:

Yeah, it was a really good show. Too bad it had to end...

Has anyone thought of the idea that the crossover is with Sym Bionic Titan? Probably not, but it would be amazing. I'd still rather have the Secret Saturdays, which already mentioned Galvans and Enoch so they are already in the same universe.

That's a great point! I remember seeing a picture of Enoch in the show. Pretty darn sure it's with the Secret Saturdays now too.

But didn't Derrick say the S in the title stood for smoothies?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum