BelBen10OV
Matt Wayne
Tsuchimikado Motoharu
datdude
Sebastian13
63 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 25 ... 43  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 43]

176Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 8 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 13th February 2013, 3:40 am

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

datdude wrote:Does Ben ever go to undertown just to hang out?

Ben seems to bring a lot of trouble home and to his neighbors. Does hen ever think of getting an apartment or maybe getting a room at grandpa maxs plumber base?

Whats Gwens major?

Yes, yes, and I don't know that Gwen knows. She did tell Rook she was thinking about Anthropology, and she's mentioned an Art History class. That's all we know for now.

177Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 8 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 13th February 2013, 11:10 am

Primus 10

Primus 10
Human
Human

Matt Wayne wrote:
Primus 10 wrote:Can you tell me what is the name of the species of Captain Kork?
This aliens are the Predators of what aliens? http://imm.io/W2aF http://imm.io/W2aY

I don't know.
1) You say "I don't know" to the two questions I asked you or just one?
2) There will be more Flashbacks of Alien Force and Ultimate Alien?
3) The 11 year old Ben and 16 year old Ben will meet again?

178Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 8 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 13th February 2013, 1:41 pm

ZeroRecoil

ZeroRecoil
Plumber
Plumber

Primus 10 wrote:
Matt Wayne wrote:
Primus 10 wrote:Can you tell me what is the name of the species of Captain Kork?
This aliens are the Predators of what aliens? http://imm.io/W2aF http://imm.io/W2aY

I don't know.

Both, seeing as he didn't give you an answer.

179Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 8 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 13th February 2013, 7:59 pm

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

Did you co-write A Knight To Remember, I remember one airing that said you were a cowriter with Len Uhley ??

So are Osmosians a species that does good things like the Anodites?? Where do they live??

180Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 8 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 15th February 2013, 10:32 pm

Ebomnitrix

Ebomnitrix
Magister
Magister

What's the species for Ball Weevil and Kickin Hawk?

181Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 8 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 16th February 2013, 10:46 am

Primus 10

Primus 10
Human
Human

What's the species for Crashopper?

182Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 8 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 16th February 2013, 5:12 pm

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

Primus 10 wrote:
Matt Wayne wrote:

I don't know.
2) There will be more Flashbacks of Alien Force and Ultimate Alien?
3) The 11 year old Ben and 16 year old Ben will meet again?

1) Both
2) No spoilers
3) Yes, in reruns

183Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 8 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 16th February 2013, 5:12 pm

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

mace23 wrote:Did you co-write A Knight To Remember, I remember one airing that said you were a cowriter with Len Uhley ??

So are Osmosians a species that does good things like the Anodites?? Where do they live??

No to both!

184Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 8 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 16th February 2013, 5:17 pm

Uncle Grandpa

Uncle Grandpa
Magister
Magister

What do you think of Francis as a name for Kevin's dog?

http://shrek.com

185Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 8 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 16th February 2013, 5:23 pm

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

OprahWinfrey62 wrote:What do you think of Francis as a name for Kevin's dog?

I'm against it for reasons that will become clear.

186Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 8 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 16th February 2013, 5:34 pm

Kariachi

Kariachi
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

Matt Wayne wrote:

Suddenly I am intrigued...

This is gonna end up fun, isn't it... Question

187Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 8 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 16th February 2013, 5:59 pm

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

Kariachi wrote:
Matt Wayne wrote:

I hope it's fun now. But yeah, the next 20 are really good...

188Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 8 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 16th February 2013, 6:03 pm

Kariachi

Kariachi
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

Matt Wayne wrote:
Kariachi wrote:
Matt Wayne wrote:

I hope it's fun now. But yeah, the next 20 are really good...

Well, of course it's fun now(I didn't know just how much I needed that scene of Whatever-We're-Calling-Her-Now latched onto Kevin's ankle until I saw it), but still. Looking forward to the next set.

189Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 8 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 16th February 2013, 6:10 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Tsuchimikado Motoharu
Magister
Magister

Yeah, if Ben Again, Store 23 and Special Delivery are representative of the two next arcs, things will only get better.

I just hope CN doesn't put OV into a 6-month hiatus before arc 3 is over...

A question, anyway.
1. We know Malware's design is inspired by Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, since Derrick is a big Gainax fan. Are you or any of the other people working on the show fans of that or other Gainax series?

190Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 8 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 16th February 2013, 6:11 pm

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

Lodestar's Advocate wrote:Yeah, if Ben Again, Store 23 and Special Delivery are representative of the two next arcs, things will only get better.

I just hope CN doesn't put OV into a 6-month hiatus before arc 3 is over...

A question, anyway.
1. We know Malware's design is inspired by Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, since Derrick is a big Gainax fan. Are you or any of the other people working on the show fans of that or other Gainax series?

Not me. For a second I thought you were talking about Bettie Page.

191Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 8 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 16th February 2013, 6:21 pm

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

Did you have any info or knowledge that there WAS a premise for a Ben 10 sequel that takes place after the OTS that Man Of Action developed for CN?

If so, any thoughts how do you think the series would play out if this sequel was made instead of Alien Force?

Something I found on Ben 10 Planet
"Orignally they had planned for a sequel for their ben 10 but cartoon disapproved, their idea was that ben and gwen were to monitor kids with strange powers, but cartoon didn't like it so..... "

192Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 8 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 16th February 2013, 11:56 pm

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

mace23 wrote:Did you have any info or knowledge that there WAS a premise for a Ben 10 sequel that takes place after the OTS that Man Of Action developed for CN?

If so, any thoughts how do you think the series would play out if this sequel was made instead of Alien Force?

Something I found on Ben 10 Planet
"Orignally they had planned for a sequel for their ben 10 but cartoon disapproved, their idea was that ben and gwen were to monitor kids with strange powers, but cartoon didn't like it so..... "

I don't know anything about that. I'm not aware of Man of Action having done any development on Ben 10 beyond their original "Superhero watch" pitch.

193Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 8 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 17th February 2013, 1:19 am

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

I'm constantly baffled that some fans believe Anodites automatically negates the magic qualities and characteristics of Gwen's powers, if anything I think it harmonizes with the idea of witches

194Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 8 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 17th February 2013, 1:39 am

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

mace23 wrote:I'm constantly baffled that some fans believe Anodites automatically negates the magic qualities and characteristics of Gwen's powers, if anything I think it harmonizes with the idea of witches

I think that Anodites are somehow infused with Mana--they're bags of Mana the same way we're bags of meat. Gwen has cross trained. She can use a spell or her alien physiology to create an energy shield, but it's the same shield.

But the four story nerds--Story Editor Charlotte, Story Editor me, Supervising Producer Matt Youngberg and Art Director Derrick J. Wyatt--all have our own opinions about Anodites and magic.

195Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 8 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 17th February 2013, 2:54 am

ultraalien

Plumber
Plumber

1. Can you tell us why did Ben's eyes glowed in the Ben 10 ultimate alien episode Fame?

196Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 8 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 17th February 2013, 3:31 am

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

ultraalien wrote:1. Can you tell us why did Ben's eyes glowed in the Ben 10 ultimate alien episode Fame?

That is the biggest secret of all. We can only reveal it in the final episode of whatever the next version of Ben 10 is.

197Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 8 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 17th February 2013, 3:32 am

ZeroRecoil

ZeroRecoil
Plumber
Plumber

Good Evening, Mr. Wayne.

Today's agenda concerns Bounty Hunters.

What role do they have in the universe? That's a big question so I'll try and condense it down.

-What do the Plumbers think about Bounty Hunters? Azmuth seems to be close to the morally good ones, and UAF at least hinted at how the Plumbers follow Galvan law. But surely they're breaking Plumber laws by assassinating criminals rather than just subduing them.

Also, while on the subject:

-What do normal Bounty Hunters (like Tetrax, Sixsix ect.) think of Khyber, and what he does?

This is a really quite pointless question, so don't feel like you have to answer it unless you have your nerd hat on.

Thanks for being awesome.

198Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 8 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 17th February 2013, 3:41 am

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

ZeroRecoil wrote:Good Evening, Mr. Wayne.

Today's agenda concerns Bounty Hunters.

What role do they have in the universe? That's a big question so I'll try and condense it down.

-What do the Plumbers think about Bounty Hunters? Azmuth seems to be close to the morally good ones, and UAF at least hinted at how the Plumbers follow Galvan law. But surely they're breaking Plumber laws by assassinating criminals rather than just subduing them.

Also, while on the subject:

-What do normal Bounty Hunters (like Tetrax, Sixsix ect.) think of Khyber, and what he does?

This is a really quite pointless question, so don't feel like you have to answer it unless you have your nerd hat on.

Thanks for being awesome.

Sir, I sleep in my nerd hat.

When a bounty hunter tries to kill a criminal, you can bet that the bounty has been offered for capturing OR killing the criminal. Bounty hunters want to get paid, and have little interest in anything else. Which makes them great bad guys and great good guys, because they have a clear goal that brings them into conflict with everybody else.

Khyber, who hunts for sport, can be tempted into a task if it's a big enough challenge. He can have any sort of relationship with bounty hunters, or none at all, but any specifics belong in a story that we haven't ever told.

199Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 8 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 17th February 2013, 4:10 am

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

Matt Wayne wrote:
mace23 wrote:I'm constantly baffled that some fans believe Anodites automatically negates the magic qualities and characteristics of Gwen's powers, if anything I think it harmonizes with the idea of witches

I think that Anodites are somehow infused with Mana--they're bags of Mana the same way we're bags of meat. Gwen has cross trained. She can use a spell or her alien physiology to create an energy shield, but it's the same shield.

But the four story nerds--Story Editor Charlotte, Story Editor me, Supervising Producer Matt Youngberg and Art Director Derrick J. Wyatt--all have our own opinions about Anodites and magic.

I agree completely but I think what I was trying to get at was that Anodites, there powers and characters like Verdona and Gwen still feel inspired and characterized like traditional witches we commonly see in fiction, at least in certain ways. Magic/Mana being a heritage/bloodline is something we see quite often in the medium like Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Bewitched. Just so you know I highly value your input on this.

200Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 8 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 17th February 2013, 5:22 am

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

mace23 wrote:
Matt Wayne wrote:

I agree completely but I think what I was trying to get at was that Anodites, there powers and characters like Verdona and Gwen still feel inspired and characterized like traditional witches we commonly see in fiction, at least in certain ways. Magic/Mana being a heritage/bloodline is something we see quite often in the medium like Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Bewitched. Just so you know I highly value your input on this.

Yeah, Verdona was very much based on Endora and Sunny on Serena from "Bewitched." Dwayne liked that show a lot. The analogy is there if you want to see it, but I think it's more of an observation about technique--what kind of a template Dwayne used--than about the show's world.

I don't think witches=Anodites was something Dwayne serviced, as much as a handle on how Gwen interacted with her family. "Kevin's Big Score" consciously used episodes of the Rockford Files as a template, and "It's Not Easy Being Gwen" used an episode of House, M.D. as a template, but that didn't mean everything from those shows could now be part of this.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, Paradox isn't an Anodite, but he is Uncle Arthur.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 43]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 25 ... 43  Next