Ben 10 Forums

In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Q&A With Matt Wayne

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 28 ... 43  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 43]

301Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 13 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 6th March 2013, 3:29 am

Matt Wayne


Tummy Head
Tummy Head
verbomaniac wrote:Since Astrodactyl has been revealed can you tell us the name of another alien that Ben will unlock on his omnitrix that hasn't been revealed yet?

And do you know if there is going to be another forum? I know this was just going to be the temporary one but will there ever be another one?

Thanks for the time and effort you put into the show and this forum. I really appreciate it!

I don't want to be the guy that drops hints about new transformations. I would rather surprise you.

As for the new forum, dwaynemcduffie.com is planning on a relaunch. But the site's owner is even busier than I am, so it's still probably months away.

302Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 13 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 6th March 2013, 3:34 am

Matt Wayne


Tummy Head
Tummy Head
Primus 10 wrote:
ZeroRecoil wrote:
Primus 10 wrote:This is a confirmation that Jetray appear in Omniverse? http://www.formspring.me/DerrickJWyatt/q/432976135094042072

Not really. If he were used zero times that would still not count as much.
But I do believe he will be used in the end. Ben10 OV wouldn't nearly include every alien in the franchise just to give up on the last two hurdles.
Right guys,
right.
Yes, but, look at this: http://www.formspring.me/DerrickJWyatt/q/432974515585179203 Here, I understand that Jetray has a chance of appear only in the sixth season, so he can appear at least one time, so please answer me this Matt: This is a confirmation that Jetray appear in Omniverse? http://www.formspring.me/DerrickJWyatt/q/432976135094042072

Derrick has answered the question to his liking. Why should I be the buzzkill?

303Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 13 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 6th March 2013, 8:15 am

ZeroRecoil

ZeroRecoil
Plumber
Plumber
Matt Wayne wrote:
ZeroRecoil wrote:How much action do you write in a script. I used to think that that stuff was left up to directors and animators, but recently I've noticed a lot of one liners and puns only make sense if the writer has some kind of knowledge of what's going on action-wise in that scene.

The directors and animators are further down the assembly line and have a great deal to do with how the scene is staged, how it's paced, and much of what happens. But on this show and a lot of TV action shows, the basic story "beats" come from the script.

Here's a snippet from last week's script. I'm just cut and pasting, so no real formatting:

56 HOBBLE
He has a point.

57 ROOK (admonishing aside)
Hobble? Do not help.

Ben marches up and pokes Vilgax in the chest.

58 BEN
Not buying it, Vilgax. You took a chance that you’d make it out alive and we wouldn’t. You'd do anything to get free!

DOWN THE CORRIDOR, a SECOND AIRLOCK <HISSES> open. Attea and the Bounty Hunters bash into view, WEAPONS BLAZING.
The Plumbers, Ben, Rook and Vilgax take cover in the alcove of their airlock. The Plumbers and Rook shoot back. But it’s peashooters and popguns compared to what...

...SIXSIX, SEVENSEVEN AND EIGHTEIGHT are packing. They unload BLISTERING two-handed FUSILLADES (SevenSeven’s claws morph into laser weapons).

Hobble gets a <ZAP> to the shoulder that spins him (henceforth, he gets the worst in every encounter).

59 HOBBLE <alarmed cry>

Ben and Rook kneel beside Hobble, who lies on the floor, legs splayed, wincing as he grips his singed shoulder.


Me again! As you can see, it's not shot-by-shot, and the directors and board artists improved upon it greatly, but there's enough detail to get the story. And the storyboard may include dozens of pages of action that serve the scene as written, but contain material not in the script.

But the script comes first.

This is a wonderful answer and more than my best expectation.

I would just like to thank you, Mr Wayne, for taking the time to write this out and find examples.

304Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 13 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 7th March 2013, 2:24 pm

Bellicus


Human
Human
1) How come CN keep airing episodes out of order? Surely it would make more sense to stick to the production order as much as possible (unless like said earlier, it causes an alien to appear too soon).

2) How much say do CN have in the actual production of the episodes? (Like the content, theme ect..)

Thanks Matt!

305Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 13 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 7th March 2013, 10:28 pm

datdude

datdude
Plumber
Plumber
Dear Mister Wayne

Ben's getting more female villains this series, was that intentional?

Any more Billy Billions coming before episode 60?

Italian Dressing or Ranch?


_________________
http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-01.jpg

http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-02.jpg

This just kind of says is all now doesn't it.

306Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 13 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 7th March 2013, 10:41 pm

Matt Wayne


Tummy Head
Tummy Head
Bellicus wrote:1) How come CN keep airing episodes out of order? Surely it would make more sense to stick to the production order as much as possible (unless like said earlier, it causes an alien to appear too soon).

2) How much say do CN have in the actual production of the episodes? (Like the content, theme ect..)

Thanks Matt!

1. I dunno. It's not unheard of. The network never asked us for episode-to-episode continuity.

2.Cartoon Network Studios has total control. In practice, though, they have us on a fairly long leash. The major advantage to working on this show vs., say, something at Disney or Nick is that there are fewer sets of "notes" from above.

307Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 13 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 7th March 2013, 10:43 pm

Matt Wayne


Tummy Head
Tummy Head
datdude wrote:Dear Mister Wayne

Ben's getting more female villains this series, was that intentional?

Any more Billy Billions coming before episode 60?

Italian Dressing or Ranch?

1. Sort of. There are fewer female heroes in this version and we want to have some female characters.

2. I'd rather not say.

3. Seven Seas' Green Goddess--an American classic.

308Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 13 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 8th March 2013, 10:40 pm

datdude

datdude
Plumber
Plumber
Did we ever find out why vilgax originally came to earth when max was young?


_________________
http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-01.jpg

http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-02.jpg

This just kind of says is all now doesn't it.

309Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 13 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 8th March 2013, 10:45 pm

Matt Wayne


Tummy Head
Tummy Head
datdude wrote:Did we ever find out why vilgax originally came to earth when max was young?


I don't think so. Maybe someday?

310Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 13 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 9th March 2013, 9:54 am

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
1. Is Ben's birthday on winter?
2. If so, do you have a specific date? (may be part of a future episode, so I won't ask for it, I just want to know if it's written anywhere or if it was talked about)

311Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 13 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 9th March 2013, 11:12 am

Matt Wayne


Tummy Head
Tummy Head
Sebastian13 wrote:1. Is Ben's birthday on winter?
2. If so, do you have a specific date? (may be part of a future episode, so I won't ask for it, I just want to know if it's written anywhere or if it was talked about)

I can't think of the episode, but somewhere there was a line about Ben's birthday being in December--a reference to 12-27-05, the OS premiere date.

We may never nail down a birthday to spare Ben some embarrassment. Because after his birthday comes and goes, he'll still be sixteen.

312Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 13 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 9th March 2013, 11:59 am

Primus 10

Primus 10
Human
Human
Mr. Wayne:
1) When is your birthday?
2) Is true that Ghostfreak debut in arc 5? http://www.formspring.me/DerrickJWyatt/q/434494480826004148
3) Darkstar or Vukanus have ever appear in one episode as principal villains or something?

313Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 13 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 9th March 2013, 8:42 pm

Matt Wayne


Tummy Head
Tummy Head
Primus 10 wrote:Mr. Wayne:
1) When is your birthday?
2) Is true that Ghostfreak debut in arc 5? http://www.formspring.me/DerrickJWyatt/q/434494480826004148
3) Darkstar or Vukanus have ever appear in one episode as principal villains or something?

1. Sagittarius.
2. We've discussed this.
3. If I understand the question, yes. Darkstar was the villain in "All That Glitters" and Vulkanus was the villain in "Kevin's Big Score."

314Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 13 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 9th March 2013, 9:31 pm

Primus 10

Primus 10
Human
Human
Matt Wayne wrote:
2. We've discussed this.
3. If I understand the question, yes. Darkstar was the villain in "All That Glitters" and Vulkanus was the villain in "Kevin's Big Score."
2. You mean you're talking about Ghostfreak with Derrick and others?
3. I mean in a episode of OV.

315Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 13 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 10th March 2013, 1:22 am

Ursalink


Plumber
Plumber
Hi, Mr Wayne. I have a few doubts, so I hope you can answer me some new questions, please. The more we are close to the new airdate of "Rules of Engagement", the more I'm convinced Cartoon Network is going to delay it again after two months. I really hope not, because I finally want to see Julie again and the official debut of the Tenn-Speed (Ben's new motorbike). Anyway, I really need to ask you some things about this episode:

1º) Will we see Julie using Ship's battle armour in the episode? You know, maybe to battle Looma or Fistina. Or there's even a possibility that we'll see Julie using some "new tricks" to "goin' hero" like Ben or something?

2º) In this current arc, with the Incursians as main villains, invading several planets of the galaxy (Vilgaxia, Peptos XI, Revonnah, and even the Earth), it surprises me that they didn't think about attacking the Tetramand's home world. I think it would be interesting seeing a battle between Attea and Looma. Any chances something like this will happen in future episodes?

3º) I don't know, but I think that after the Incursian's attack to Earth ("The Frogs of War") and after several previous invasion attacks (like Vilgax's), people could start to get really sick of aliens. Is it possible that, in a future arc, the main villains will be some kind of "hate group aiming to eliminate the alien scum from Earth" or something? We had something similar to that with the Forever Knights, but I'm talking about something more like a modern "hate militia". I don't know, like "Friends of Humanity" in X-Men's comics, or like the "Earth's Protection Force" or "H.A.T.E." from the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" animated series from 2003.

4º) Finally, since I mentioned the Forever Knights, will we see them again in Omniverse or did they officially disband after Diagon's defeat?

I would thank you very much if you can answer me, Mr Wayne.

316Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 13 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 11th March 2013, 1:04 am

Matt Wayne


Tummy Head
Tummy Head
Primus 10 wrote:
Matt Wayne wrote:
2. We've discussed this.
3. If I understand the question, yes. Darkstar was the villain in "All That Glitters" and Vulkanus was the villain in "Kevin's Big Score."
2. You mean you're talking about Ghostfreak with Derrick and others?
3. I mean in a episode of OV.

2. No, I mean I don't want to talk about who is or isn't going to appear.
3. Oh, in that case, I don't want to talk about who is or isn't going to appear.

317Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 13 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 11th March 2013, 1:06 am

Matt Wayne


Tummy Head
Tummy Head
Ursalink wrote:Hi, Mr Wayne. I have a few doubts, so I hope you can answer me some new questions, please. The more we are close to the new airdate of "Rules of Engagement", the more I'm convinced Cartoon Network is going to delay it again after two months. I really hope not, because I finally want to see Julie again and the official debut of the Tenn-Speed (Ben's new motorbike). Anyway, I really need to ask you some things about this episode:

1º) Will we see Julie using Ship's battle armour in the episode? You know, maybe to battle Looma or Fistina. Or there's even a possibility that we'll see Julie using some "new tricks" to "goin' hero" like Ben or something?

2º) In this current arc, with the Incursians as main villains, invading several planets of the galaxy (Vilgaxia, Peptos XI, Revonnah, and even the Earth), it surprises me that they didn't think about attacking the Tetramand's home world. I think it would be interesting seeing a battle between Attea and Looma. Any chances something like this will happen in future episodes?

3º) I don't know, but I think that after the Incursian's attack to Earth ("The Frogs of War") and after several previous invasion attacks (like Vilgax's), people could start to get really sick of aliens. Is it possible that, in a future arc, the main villains will be some kind of "hate group aiming to eliminate the alien scum from Earth" or something? We had something similar to that with the Forever Knights, but I'm talking about something more like a modern "hate militia". I don't know, like "Friends of Humanity" in X-Men's comics, or like the "Earth's Protection Force" or "H.A.T.E." from the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" animated series from 2003.

4º) Finally, since I mentioned the Forever Knights, will we see them again in Omniverse or did they officially disband after Diagon's defeat?

I would thank you very much if you can answer me, Mr Wayne.

No spoilers.

318Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 13 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 11th March 2013, 1:58 pm

Kariachi

Kariachi
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
Okay, so I get up this morning and, because my brain never shuts off and there's a five page debate on Kevin on tvTropes, am immediately contemplating said brunet's powers. I'm running through the list of things he's been able to do when a question comes to me. Probably no one even bothered thinking of this, but if I don't ask it'll niggle at me forever.

In 'The Purge' we see Kevin absorb metal, seemingly turning the whole of himself into it. His hand is then sliced off by a Forever Knight. He then grows a new hand in its place, and the episode goes on.

1) What the hell happened to his severed hand?

Seriously! Did it stay metal? Did it revert back to flesh and blood and bone at some point or another? Was it destroyed in the chaos? Did somebody end up walking across a detached limb the next time they strode by or did Kevin go around gathering up his missing parts after the fact?

Please, my diseased mind needs to know before it starts making decisions itself. Nobody wants that! No

319Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 13 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 11th March 2013, 5:10 pm

mace23


Plumber
Plumber
Directing wise, would you consider AF/UA and OV to be a single camera show or a multiple camera show?

320Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 13 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 11th March 2013, 5:17 pm

Matt Wayne


Tummy Head
Tummy Head
mace23 wrote:Directing wise, would you consider AF/UA and OV to be a single camera show or a multiple camera show?

Single. "Multiple camera" refers to a live-action show done in a studio setting and has nothing to do with animation.

321Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 13 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 11th March 2013, 5:24 pm

Matt Wayne


Tummy Head
Tummy Head
Kariachi wrote:Okay, so I get up this morning and, because my brain never shuts off and there's a five page debate on Kevin on tvTropes, am immediately contemplating said brunet's powers. I'm running through the list of things he's been able to do when a question comes to me. Probably no one even bothered thinking of this, but if I don't ask it'll niggle at me forever.

In 'The Purge' we see Kevin absorb metal, seemingly turning the whole of himself into it. His hand is then sliced off by a Forever Knight. He then grows a new hand in its place, and the episode goes on.

1) What the hell happened to his severed hand?

Seriously! Did it stay metal? Did it revert back to flesh and blood and bone at some point or another? Was it destroyed in the chaos? Did somebody end up walking across a detached limb the next time they strode by or did Kevin go around gathering up his missing parts after the fact?

Please, my diseased mind needs to know before it starts making decisions itself. Nobody wants that! No

Until we need a definitive answer for the show, the hand is unobserved like Schroedinger's cat, possibly flesh, possibly metal. But if we ever make a decision about what would happen, it becomes true throughout the universe.

322Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 13 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 11th March 2013, 5:40 pm

mace23


Plumber
Plumber
Matt Wayne wrote:
mace23 wrote:Directing wise, would you consider AF/UA and OV to be a single camera show or a multiple camera show?

Single. "Multiple camera" refers to a live-action show done in a studio setting and has nothing to do with animation.
In a way I wanted single and multiple camera to infer the directing atmosphere of the shows, such as single camera shows usually being dramas. Thanks for the answer though

323Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 13 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 11th March 2013, 6:32 pm

Matt Wayne


Tummy Head
Tummy Head
mace23 wrote:
Matt Wayne wrote:
mace23 wrote:Directing wise, would you consider AF/UA and OV to be a single camera show or a multiple camera show?

Single. "Multiple camera" refers to a live-action show done in a studio setting and has nothing to do with animation.
In a way I wanted single and multiple camera to infer the directing atmosphere of the shows, such as single camera shows usually being dramas. Thanks for the answer though

Oh, I see. "Single camera" hasn't been shorthand for "drama" since M*A*S*H. And the director isn't in charge of the tone.

But now that I see what you're getting at... we're an action show! The comedy is there, but always secondary to the action. Even in the lighter shows.

324Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 13 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 11th March 2013, 6:41 pm

Kariachi

Kariachi
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
Matt Wayne wrote:
Kariachi wrote:Okay, so I get up this morning and, because my brain never shuts off and there's a five page debate on Kevin on tvTropes, am immediately contemplating said brunet's powers. I'm running through the list of things he's been able to do when a question comes to me. Probably no one even bothered thinking of this, but if I don't ask it'll niggle at me forever.

In 'The Purge' we see Kevin absorb metal, seemingly turning the whole of himself into it. His hand is then sliced off by a Forever Knight. He then grows a new hand in its place, and the episode goes on.

1) What the hell happened to his severed hand?

Seriously! Did it stay metal? Did it revert back to flesh and blood and bone at some point or another? Was it destroyed in the chaos? Did somebody end up walking across a detached limb the next time they strode by or did Kevin go around gathering up his missing parts after the fact?

Please, my diseased mind needs to know before it starts making decisions itself. Nobody wants that! No

Until we need a definitive answer for the show, the hand is unobserved like Schroedinger's cat, possibly flesh, possibly metal. But if we ever make a decision about what would happen, it becomes true throughout the universe.

...

I like this man, we're keeping him.

325Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 13 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 11th March 2013, 6:45 pm

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Matt Wayne wrote:
Kariachi wrote:Okay, so I get up this morning and, because my brain never shuts off and there's a five page debate on Kevin on tvTropes, am immediately contemplating said brunet's powers. I'm running through the list of things he's been able to do when a question comes to me. Probably no one even bothered thinking of this, but if I don't ask it'll niggle at me forever.

In 'The Purge' we see Kevin absorb metal, seemingly turning the whole of himself into it. His hand is then sliced off by a Forever Knight. He then grows a new hand in its place, and the episode goes on.

1) What the hell happened to his severed hand?

Seriously! Did it stay metal? Did it revert back to flesh and blood and bone at some point or another? Was it destroyed in the chaos? Did somebody end up walking across a detached limb the next time they strode by or did Kevin go around gathering up his missing parts after the fact?

Please, my diseased mind needs to know before it starts making decisions itself. Nobody wants that! No

Until we need a definitive answer for the show, the hand is unobserved like Schroedinger's cat, possibly flesh, possibly metal. But if we ever make a decision about what would happen, it becomes true throughout the universe.

That was the best answer somebody ever gave since Dwayne McDuffie (rest in peace...) himself used to give answers.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 43]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 28 ... 43  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum