Ben 10 Forums

In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Q&A With Matt Wayne

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 35 ... 43  Next

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 43]

651Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 27 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 9th June 2013, 7:38 pm

HeroicTyrant

Hey Matt, can you tell us what Gwen's middle name is? Some guy posted on wikipedia that it was Catherine, but we all know that wikipedia isn't the most reliable source...

652Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 27 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 9th June 2013, 8:35 pm

Sonic_Gamer

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
Can Azmuth lock Ben's Omnitrix as punishment for his behavior?

653Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 27 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 9th June 2013, 10:28 pm

Ursalink

Plumber
Plumber
Thank you very much for your answers, Mr Wayne. And my most sincere apologies for causing you some annoyances with some of my questions. I didn't pretend to disturb you, I'm really sorry.

I have one last question, if you don't mind, please:

1º) Thanks to a recent picture, now we know Upgrade is going to appear in Omniverse. But I have to say, its new look really creeps me out. I mean, the Omnitrix's symbol in the "eye" of its head looks really horrible. I guess you did it to make Upgrade look different of all the others Mechamorphs we have seen through the years (Ship, Baz-El, Malware... etc), but this is really creepy. Well, my question is, with the Omnitrix's symbol in its eye, could Upgrade still shoot a laser beam from it, like he did back in the original series?

I hope you can answer my doubt, please; and I really sorry for the disturbances I caused you with my previous questions.

654Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 27 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 9th June 2013, 10:58 pm

jashro

jashro
Human
Human
I don't have any questions but I would just like to say that it is awesome you are doing this Matt. Thank you very much for answering these questions.

655Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 27 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 10th June 2013, 3:22 am

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head
bobby10 wrote:1.How come when NRG leaves his suit, it and his lower level containment suit has the omnitrix symbol.
2.Is NRG's suit less durable now, because I though only something as strong as tadenite can penatrate it?
3.How strong are the Kraaho?
4.Which species is more powerful, Osmosians, Conductoids, or Crystalsapiens? which of them do your prefer?
5.I understand the mistransformations are Ben's fault, but what about in alien form when he switches forms?
6.When Albedo transforms into NRG, how did he create the containment suit?
7.Does Albedo's forms adapt his clothing now even though he has no Omnitrix?
8.Is Nanomech and Upgrade's eyesight affected by the Omnitrix being in place of their eyes?
9.How does the Omnitrix adapt clothing?
10.Since crystal doesn't age, are Petrosapiens immortal?
11.Are the flashbacks mainly set in the summer?
12.Does the Omnitrixes forms glitch powers
13.Does the omnitrixes make some forms abilities unavailable?

1. So you can tell it's Ben and not some random NRG alien.

2. It's the same suit.

3. Much stronger than a human, much weaker than a Tetramand princess.

4. Conductoids have the coolest power. As for which power is the most powerful, that depends on the situation. I prefer Conductoids as party guests, but I'd rather be seen with a Crystalsapien.

5. Mistransformations aren't necessarily his fault. When he switches forms as an alien, he's still Ben manipulating the controls. And switching from alien to alien without changing back to Ben doesn't always work--and it's bad for the Omnitrix.

6. The same way he and Azmuth create the aliens' clothes when that happens.

7. Not that we've seen.

8. No.

9. A molecular generation process. Matter is both created and destroyed.

10. No. Crystal ages.

11. Not that I've noticed.

12. Huh?

13. No, but Ben's inexperience or ignorance can.

This is too many questions. Let's set a limit. Is five too stingy?

656Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 27 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 10th June 2013, 3:25 am

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head
mace23 wrote:Dwayne and Glen were developing a show for CN before they got the Ben 10 offer, do you have any idea what it was about?

Did you have any say in the supergirl arc for JLU season 3?

What's your favorite Spectacular Spiderman episode you did and didn't write?

1. I do, but that's Dwayne and Glen's business.

2. Some. That was almost all Dwayne and Bruce, but I wrote her. I would have loved to see a Supergirl/Legion spinoff!

3. The Kraven episode and the Sinister Six episode, respectively.

Last edited by Matt Wayne on 10th June 2013, 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total

657Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 27 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 10th June 2013, 3:26 am

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head
HeroicTyrant wrote:Hey Matt, can you tell us what Gwen's middle name is? Some guy posted on wikipedia that it was Catherine, but we all know that wikipedia isn't the most reliable source...

I don't think it's ever been stated in an episode. Ben's is Kirby, of course.

658Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 27 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 10th June 2013, 3:27 am

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head
Sonic_Gamer wrote:Can Azmuth lock Ben's Omnitrix as punishment for his behavior?

Yes, both in person and remotely.

659Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 27 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 10th June 2013, 3:28 am

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head
Ursalink wrote:Thank you very much for your answers, Mr Wayne. And my most sincere apologies for causing you some annoyances with some of my questions. I didn't pretend to disturb you, I'm really sorry.

1º) Thanks to a recent picture, now we know Upgrade is going to appear in Omniverse. But I have to say, its new look really creeps me out. I mean, the Omnitrix's symbol in the "eye" of its head looks really horrible. I guess you did it to make Upgrade look different of all the others Mechamorphs we have seen through the years (Ship, Baz-El, Malware... etc), but this is really creepy. Well, my question is, with the Omnitrix's symbol in its eye, could Upgrade still shoot a laser beam from it, like he did back in the original series?

I hope you can answer my doubt, please; and I really sorry for the disturbances I caused you with my previous questions.

His powers haven't changed. When will he appear?

660Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 27 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 10th June 2013, 3:29 am

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head
jashro wrote:I don't have any questions but I would just like to say that it is awesome you are doing this Matt. Thank you very much for answering these questions.

My pleasure (with several asterisks!)

661Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 27 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 10th June 2013, 4:18 am

datdude

datdude
Plumber
Plumber
Care to guess at whats next for the franchise after omniverse?

http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-02.jpg

This just kind of says is all now doesn't it.

662Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 27 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 10th June 2013, 4:44 am

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head
datdude wrote:Care to guess at whats next for the franchise after omniverse?

Ben 10: Diamond and Pearl, in which Ben and Rook travel the land seeking ritual alien combat.

663Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 27 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 10th June 2013, 6:03 am

mace23

Plumber
Plumber
Matt Wayne wrote:
mace23 wrote:Dwayne and Glen were developing a show for CN before they got the Ben 10 offer, do you have any idea what it was about?

2. Some. That was almost all Dwayne and Bruce, but I wrote her. I would have loved to see a Supergirl/Legion spinoff!

1. Any chances the project will ever be produced in some form, someday

3. Miles Warren is a creepy character, did you draw from the Clone saga when writing him

Was Old Yeller a influence into the Ultimate Kevin storyarc?

Are young Osmosians naturally aggressive or rude ?

Does the new omnitrix have the lock and key function from Forge Of Creation?

How do you feel about the What's New Scooby Doo episode you wrote

Last edited by mace23 on 11th June 2013, 3:16 am; edited 2 times in total

664Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 27 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 10th June 2013, 6:39 am

MekongTiger

MekongTiger
Plumber
Plumber
I'm not sure if you do own a PS3, but are you aware that Ashley Johnson voices Ellie in the voice game "The Last of Us"?

665Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 27 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 10th June 2013, 12:57 pm

Kariachi

Kariachi
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
Matt Wayne wrote:
datdude wrote:Care to guess at whats next for the franchise after omniverse?

Ben 10: Diamond and Pearl, in which Ben and Rook travel the land seeking ritual alien combat.

As someone who writes Ben 10/Pokemon crossovers just as a matter of course, LMAO.

Also, you are awesome. And no, five isn't too stingy.

Kinda Crazy, approach with Caution Twisted Evil

666Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 27 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 10th June 2013, 3:12 pm

verbomaniac

Plumber
Plumber
Matt Wayne wrote:
Ursalink wrote:Thank you very much for your answers, Mr Wayne. And my most sincere apologies for causing you some annoyances with some of my questions. I didn't pretend to disturb you, I'm really sorry.

His powers haven't changed. When will he appear?
Cartoon Network released a phone case with him on the back. I don't think any of us know when he is going to appear in the show.

667Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 27 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 11th June 2013, 1:56 am

Sonic_Gamer

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
In the final battle of the series Teen Titans The Brain has sent out practically every villain in the series to capture the titans.

Do you think that there's going to be a simular situation in "Ben 10: Omniverse"?

668Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 27 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 11th June 2013, 6:50 am

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head
mace23 wrote:
Matt Wayne wrote:

1. Any chances the project will ever be produced in some form, someday

3. Miles Warren is a creepy character, did you draw from the Clone saga when writing him

Was Old Yeller a influence into the Ultimate Kevin storyarc?

Are young Osmosians naturally aggressive or rude ?

Does the new omnitrix have the lock and key function from Forge Of Creation?

How do you feel about the What's New Scooby Doo episode you wrote

1. I don't know.
3. Not me, but Greg Weisman may have. His appearance in my episode was mostly to serve the arc.

1. I wasn't involved, but Dwayne liked the movie.

2. No

3. Something like it, anyway. We saw that in The Frogs of War.

4. Great. It was a treat to write those characters, and the bad guy was a Gargoyle. I got to write a chase through the Paris Catacombs, one of the real world's creepiest places. I named the Quasimodo type "Sonny Les Matines." What's not to like?

669Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 27 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 11th June 2013, 6:53 am

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head
ntkyeung wrote:I'm not sure if you do own a PS3, but are you aware that Ashley Johnson voices Ellie in the voice game "The Last of Us"?

I was not. Did you know she was in the Jumanji cartoon as a kid? (Directed by Sue Blu, written by Tom Pugsley?)

670Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 27 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 11th June 2013, 6:59 am

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head
Sonic_Gamer wrote:In the final battle of the series Teen Titans The Brain has sent out practically every villain in the series to capture the titans.

Do you think that there's going to be a simular situation in "Ben 10: Omniverse"?

That's good. If we get renewed a few more times and run out of ideas for a climax, I hope I remember it.

671Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 27 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 11th June 2013, 9:03 pm

Sonic_Gamer

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
1. Which episode "Ben 10" episode did you write that was your favorite and your least favorite?

2. Can Will Harangue blackmail people?

Last edited by Sonic_Gamer on 13th June 2013, 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total

672Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 27 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 12th June 2013, 12:39 am

mace23

Plumber
Plumber
Did you need a story meeting to write "Good Copy, Bad Copy" or did you just run with it based on the outline?

Were there any noticeable differences between how your AF episodes came out versus your UA episodes(such as the directors surprising you, voicing)?

Is Marty Isenberg just reserved to write the finales or is he going to write a one off episode soon?

How important is it to give the fanbase what they don't want or except?

This is just my opinion, but I find OV too linear and tell all, like I know too much about the aliens rather then imagining what I don't know, there's not much mystery in world or stories from the episodes I did see.

Also, thank you for all the questions you have answered, don't feel like I've said this enough, you've been very generous with your time

Last edited by mace23 on 13th June 2013, 12:16 am; edited 2 times in total

673Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 27 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 12th June 2013, 7:47 pm

Sonic_Gamer

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
According to Derrick J Wyatt, Ben 10: Omniverse was picked up for about 80 episodes. If you guys get picked up for about 20 more episodes you will surpass the 250 episode mark. One of those rare animated series to reach that milestone. The Simpsons has surpassed the 500th episode. Pokemon has about 800.

Good luck reaching that 250 episode milestone or even 300.

674Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 27 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 14th June 2013, 7:01 pm

FutureFighter

Human
Human
Mr. Wayne, I heard you and the other writers finally found a way to incorporate Charmcaster in to Omniverse.  Derrick Wyatt seems to claim that her backstory and motives that Dwayne established for her will be "ignored" and yet not erased, while a tweet by Khary Payton indicates she's "crazy" now.  

So my question is will she be still kept a gray-shaded, developing character with a story arc, with her being crazy treated sympathetically, and with an endgame for her in mind....or are you going to throw all that out and make this another black-and-white kiddie show issue and have her as a 1-note psycho villain to get beat up by the heroes, with no help from any of them in getting back to sanity (some heroes!) and no hope of a better future despite her freaking name being Hope?  

I really hope it's not the latter, or you'll have officially written "Where the Magic Happens" for nothing and destroyed Dwayne's favorite character, not to mention written what amounts to an innocent child growing up experiencing parental death, loss of home, guardian abuse, emotional turmoil, and being used for a one-night stand, then being blamed for it all when she snaps. I don't know about you, but I don't find that fun.  I find it depressing.  I don't watch cartoons for that. Sad

675Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 27 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 16th June 2013, 12:36 am

Primus10

Primus10
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
Is true that Ben have two Big Chills in the Omnitrix?
Is true the "Upgrade OV"? http://images.wikia.com/ben10/es/images/3/31/Ultra_T_OV%21%21.png

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 43]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 35 ... 43  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum