Movie Discussion #1 - The Avengers

+3
Sebastian13
Zero Degrees
Ben Tenerator Rex
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Who's your favorite Avenger?

Movie Discussion #1 - The Avengers Vote_lcap71%Movie Discussion #1 - The Avengers Vote_rcap 71% [ 5 ]
Movie Discussion #1 - The Avengers Vote_lcap14%Movie Discussion #1 - The Avengers Vote_rcap 14% [ 1 ]
Movie Discussion #1 - The Avengers Vote_lcap0%Movie Discussion #1 - The Avengers Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Movie Discussion #1 - The Avengers Vote_lcap0%Movie Discussion #1 - The Avengers Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Movie Discussion #1 - The Avengers Vote_lcap14%Movie Discussion #1 - The Avengers Vote_rcap 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Movie Discussion #1 - The Avengers Empty Movie Discussion #1 - The Avengers 3rd May 2012, 8:10 pm

Ben Tenerator Rex

Ben Tenerator Rex
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

It seems like a good idea to categorise movie discussions Very Happy
I went to the Avengers movie this tuesday and it was great! Perfec mix between action and humour!

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

One of the best superhero movies of all time! The movie is faithful to the comics and the story is simple but handled brilliantly and I think it can pass for the best Avengers origin story.

I think the characters were true to themselves and I love how they interacted with each other Very Happy . The Hulk stole the show, though. Ruffalo did a great job!

Last edited by Zero Degrees on 4th May 2012, 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

Ben Tenerator Rex wrote:It seems like a good idea to categorise movie discussions Very Happy
I went to the Avengers movie this tuesday and it was great! Perfec mix between action and humour!
Love the idea.Can you make and host movie discussions from now on?
I haven't seen this movie yet.Not sure if I should pirate it or wait until I can go see it at the cinema with friends...

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Sebastian13 wrote:
Ben Tenerator Rex wrote:It seems like a good idea to categorise movie discussions Very Happy
I haven't seen this movie yet.Not sure if I should pirate it or wait until I can go see it at the cinema with friends...
Do whatever you want but watching at the cinema with friends is usually fun (for me) and especially with this movie.

Wish I had the money to watch this. Looks pretty good. Mindless action, explosions and Scarlett Johansson.

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

Guest wrote:Wish I had the money to watch this. Looks pretty good. Mindless action, explosions and Scarlett Johansson.
I'll probably watch this for Scarlett Johansson as well. Laughing
You can always download it online...

Last edited by Sebastian13 on 4th May 2012, 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Guest wrote:Wish I had the money to watch this. Looks pretty good. Mindless action, explosions and Scarlett Johansson.
Scarlett Johansson in tight black leather? It was a done deal since I first heard of it Laughing .

While you're right with the explosions part, it's quite the opposite of just "mindless action." It was heavily action packed, even unnecessarily, but the movie itself is pretty smart. The plot was handled good. The characters were perfect, the performances were good and their interactions were brilliant. The dialogue was smart, witty and very Joss Whedon. It's one of the most quotable movies ever Laughing .

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

So, guys, who's your favorite Avenger? (I recommend you see the movie before deciding. It really affects your decision.)
Iron Man all the way with Hulk a close second.

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

Should we make this a poll?

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Sebastian13 wrote:Should we make this a poll?
Sure. That's a good idea.

Ben Tenerator Rex

Ben Tenerator Rex
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

Sebastian13 wrote:
I recommend watching it in the cinema. It has a lot of special effects and visual treats you can't quite see on a computer or tv screen.
And put that poll in the Comics section please!

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

It's in this topic.What...you can't see it? (scroll up)

Ben Tenerator Rex

Ben Tenerator Rex
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

Sebastian13 wrote:It's in this topic.What...you can't see it? (scroll up)
Weirdly enough I can now...

Ben Tenerator Rex

Ben Tenerator Rex
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

I hope they'll include Wasp and Giant-Man/Ant-Man and Black Panther in the next movie if there comes one. In the end there's a teaser though, but I won't spoil it...

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Ben Tenerator Rex wrote:I hope they'll include Wasp and Giant-Man/Ant-Man and Black Panther in the next movie if there comes one. In the end there's a teaser though, but I won't spoil it...
I love that teaser. It was honestly surprising. Didn't think Marvel would plan that far ahead. In the US, there are 2 teasers and the second one is pretty funny (especially if you get it. It's about a joke Tony said earlier)>

By the way, they're working on a Ant-Man movie. I wish they would pick Nathan Fillion for him. It was just a rumor but he's perfect for it (and it would be fun to see him the same screen as the other heroes).

Not sure how Wasp would work. Honestly, I'm only on board with Wasp and Ant/Giant-Man if they remove a few Avengers. The likely candidates being Hawkeye and Black Widow. There would be too many.

CBobb1234

CBobb1234
Plumber
Plumber

Black Widow is HOT cyclops

Ben Tenerator Rex

Ben Tenerator Rex
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

Zero Degrees wrote:
Ben Tenerator Rex wrote:I hope they'll include Wasp and Giant-Man/Ant-Man and Black Panther in the next movie if there comes one. In the end there's a teaser though, but I won't spoil it...
I love that teaser. It was honestly surprising. Didn't think Marvel would plan that far ahead. In the US, there are 2 teasers and the second one is pretty funny (especially if you get it. It's about a joke Tony said earlier)>

By the way, they're working on a Ant-Man movie. I wish they would pick Nathan Fillion for him. It was just a rumor but he's perfect for it (and it would be fun to see him the same screen as the other heroes).

Not sure how Wasp would work. Honestly, I'm only on board with Wasp and Ant/Giant-Man if they remove a few Avengers. The likely candidates being Hawkeye and Black Widow. There would be too many.
Not necessarily, they pull it of greatly in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Hero. If you leave Black Panther out of it, there's an equal amount of members. I saw the teaser about Thanos.

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Ben Tenerator Rex wrote:
Not necessarily, they pull it of greatly in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Hero. If you leave Black Panther out of it, there's an equal amount of members. I saw the teaser about Thanos.
I don't know. Even with the current members, I think Thor and Hawkeye didn't get enough screentime. Sure, Thor was used a lot and Hawkeye was epic but they were the ones I felt weren't used right.
I still think two more would be too many and it might be even harder to pull off. I also think it's too outlandish and a bit too comic book-like. For it to feel right, a member should leave, like maybe Black Widow. She was GREAT in the movie but she belongs with SHIELD in my opinion. She can still help the team though.

By the way, there was a Black Panther easter egg in Iron Man 2.

Last edited by Zero Degrees on 5th May 2012, 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

pirat Nick Fury

CBobb1234

CBobb1234
Plumber
Plumber

Zero Degrees wrote: pirat Nick Fury
Spoiler:

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

CBobb1234 wrote:
Spoiler:
Did you really expect him to die just like that? We were only 5 minutes into the movie. He's a pretty important character (and he's smart enough to wear a bulletproof vest Wink ).

BTW, spoilers!

Last edited by Zero Degrees on 6th May 2012, 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

Zero Degrees wrote:
CBobb1234 wrote:
Spoiler:
Did you really expect him to die just like that? We were only 5 minutes into the movie. He's a pretty important character (and he's smart enough to wear a bulletproof vest Wink .

BTW, spoilers!
You're a moderator.Just add a "spoiler" tag. (click on "Others" when editing an post,you'll find it there)

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Avengers video game?
http://kotaku.com/5907974/maybe-there-will-be-an-avengers-video-game-after-all

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

Wow...this article really makes me love this movie:

http://io9.com/5907585/several-reasons-why-avengers-kicks-ass-that-you-havent-already-heard

Now I actually feel the NEED to watch it.And it's pretty much spoiler-free.

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Sebastian13 wrote:Wow...this article really makes me love this movie:

http://io9.com/5907585/several-reasons-why-avengers-kicks-ass-that-you-havent-already-heard

Now I actually feel the NEED to watch it.And it's pretty much spoiler-free.
Those are some pretty cool reasons, some of them I did overlook while watching the movie.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum