You are not connected. Please login or register

DCAU on a pedastel??

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DCAU on a pedastel?? Empty DCAU on a pedastel?? 4th June 2013, 10:18 pm

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

There's been a lot of flake that the dcau is overrated with only good 90s writing recently (thanks to the YJ/Gargolyes fanbase) I gotta say I think that's a little harsh. The DCAU brought a lot of good things, I think they were genuinely well made tv shows that are being consistenly watch today. No one was asking for shakespeare, they just wanted a good action show and I think the dcau brought that and then some.

2DCAU on a pedastel?? Empty Re: DCAU on a pedastel?? 5th June 2013, 4:05 pm

datdude

datdude
Plumber
Plumber

mace23 wrote:There's been a lot of flake that the dcau is overrated with only good 90s writing recently (thanks to the YJ/Gargolyes fanbase) I gotta say I think that's a little harsh. The DCAU brought a lot of good things, I think they were genuinely well made tv shows that are being consistenly watch today. No one was asking for shakespeare, they just wanted a good action show and I think the dcau brought that and then some.

It is on a bit of a pedestal, because its iconic to a generation. Sure its has its flaws but it did great things that seems smaller in retrospect but are iconic none the less.

Heck one continuity that want from batman the animated in 89 series to JLU that ended in 06. Thats huge and imho more then makes up for the flaws.

3DCAU on a pedastel?? Empty Re: DCAU on a pedastel?? 5th June 2013, 9:26 pm

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

I disagree, they were excellent series, I think people are really into nuanced continuity and novel like approaches to storytelling nowadays. Seriously how would a show like BTAS benefit from continuity

Commonly, I believe DCAU is more widely enjoyed by many and has existed for 14 years. It's not being praised anymore or less then it's ever been, most dcau fans openly don't like certain episodes, there not apologists of there fandom.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum