Ebomnitrix
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Sir_Ronald

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

PeruAlonso wrote:Charmcaster doesn't double-cross Ben and Rook

Those spoiler pics indicate that they'll come to blows, but not because she double-crossed them but because she'll decide to go angry goddess on the whole planet when she gets the Alpha Rune back and Ben and Rook will have to fight her and stop her.

52CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 3 Empty Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 26th March 2014, 10:58 am

MaskedKitsune

MaskedKitsune
Plumber
Plumber

datdude wrote:

Why the heck is Charmcaster talking to her bag?

Her design is closer to the original series, and I believe someone had already stated that her personality would be closer to the original series as well, and that she's gone slightly insane due to stress from past events.

The talking to her bag thing, she's all alone in Ledgerdomain, so the bag is basically her imaginary friend.

datdude

datdude
Plumber
Plumber

painlee wrote:
ultraalien wrote:
painlee wrote:
datdude wrote:Why do you need to build a machine when you have the alpha rune?

Why did ben not get destroyed by ghostfreak last episode if he had the alpha rune?

Can GF not use the alpha rune?

Can he not control someone and make them use alpha rune?

Zs'Skayr probably doesn't know any big spells considering that normally Ectonurite's dont have mana.
So despite having the alpha rune you are still limited to the amount of knowledge magic.

if i remember right back in Enemy of My Frenemy charmcaster needed the mana and soul of 600,000 individuals for  Diagon so he could revive her father.

The rune does have its limits I guess but he teleported charmcaster he's got to be able to use the thing some how. Did they not think of it till this ep was written?

MaskedKitsune wrote:
datdude wrote:

Why the heck is Charmcaster talking to her bag?

Her design is closer to the original series, and I believe someone had already stated that her personality would be closer to the original series as well, and that she's gone slightly insane due to stress from past events.

The talking to her bag thing, she's all alone in Ledgerdomain, so the bag is basically her imaginary friend.

Am I the only one that thinks thats silly? Also source please

PeruAlonso

Plumber
Plumber

You know what would be the icing on the cake? Charmcaster giving (or blowing) Ben a kiss.

Why not? Ben's just become a chick magnet.

Uncle Grandpa

Uncle Grandpa
Magister
Magister

we have like two minutes of footage and i already like ov charmcaster more than i like ua

i'm so excited for this episode

http://shrek.com

56CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 3 Empty Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 26th March 2014, 10:09 pm

MaskedKitsune

MaskedKitsune
Plumber
Plumber

Tsuchimikado Motoharu wrote:Hey! It's that cute Transylian girl! She's the best.

Her name is Viktoria, so she might be related to Viktor.

57CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 3 Empty Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 26th March 2014, 10:27 pm

datdude

datdude
Plumber
Plumber

PeruAlonso wrote:You know what would be the icing on the cake? Charmcaster giving (or blowing) Ben a kiss.

Please no . . . for the sake of MY sanity if not the ewww factor of someone who was a teenager in the ordinal series that has to be in her early 20's by now flirting with a 16 year old.

58CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 3 Empty Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 27th March 2014, 12:29 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Tsuchimikado Motoharu
Magister
Magister

datdude wrote:
PeruAlonso wrote:You know what would be the icing on the cake? Charmcaster giving (or blowing) Ben a kiss.

Please no . . . for the sake of MY sanity if not the ewww factor of someone who was a teenager in the ordinal series that has to be in her early 20's by now flirting with a 16 year old.

Eh, yeah, bro...she did way more than that to Kevin in her first AF appearance. Not to mention that she slept with Mike, who is implied to be around late high school age. I don't think Charmcaster cares.

59CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK - Page 3 Empty Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK 27th March 2014, 12:51 am

Sir_Ronald

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

datdude wrote:Please no . . . for the sake of MY sanity if not the ewww factor of someone who was a teenager in the ordinal series that has to be in her early 20's by now flirting with a 16 year old.

Charmcaster's just 21, that's only 5 years older than Ben.  It's hardly criminal if they end up in a flirtatious relationship, especially when I'm pretty sure Looma is older than him too, and Attea is younger.

ShrekIsLoveShrekIsLife wrote:we have like two minutes of footage and i already like ov charmcaster more than i like ua

Agreed. Crazy streak aside, she seems to know exactly who she is and what she wants to do with her life (the answer to both: ruler of Ledgerdomain), which is much preferable to the wishy-washy UA Charmcaster (She wants revenge on Gwen! No wait, she wants her power! No wait, she wants world domination! No, wait, she wants revenge on Gwen again! No wait, she wants to free Ledgerdomain! No wait, she wants her father back! No wait, she wants a boyfriend! YEESH!  facepalm)

Echoecho6

Echoecho6
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

ShrekIsLoveShrekIsLife wrote:we have like two minutes of footage and i already like ov charmcaster more than i like ua

i'm so excited for this episode

Yea this looks really good. Plus Charmcaster talking to her bag again brings back some good memories, I officially can't wait!

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Tsuchimikado Motoharu
Magister
Magister

datdude wrote:
painlee wrote:
ultraalien wrote:
painlee wrote:

Why did ben not get destroyed by ghostfreak last episode if he had the alpha rune?

Zs'Skayr probably doesn't know any big spells considering that normally Ectonurite's dont have mana.
So despite having the alpha rune you are still limited to the amount of knowledge magic.

if i remember right back in Enemy of My Frenemy charmcaster needed the mana and soul of 600,000 individuals for  Diagon so he could revive her father.

The rune does have its limits I guess but he teleported charmcaster he's got to be able to use the thing some how. Did they not think of it till this ep was written?

Being able to use the thing somehow and being able to use it fully are very different things. He's building a machine to resurrect Lord Transyl. As painlee said, we have seen that that kind of stuff even with the alpha rune is extremely difficult to do. That is why he is building a machine.

And as I said, only the most powerful magicians can use the alpha rune properly. Zs'skayr may be able to use it to some extent, but probably not to the level where he can just do whatever he wants with it. It probably would have been foolhardy for Zs'skayr to use it in his battle with Ben, since his goal of reviving Transyl is far more important than beating Ben, and considering his rack record, he probably would have lost it to him.

ultraalien

Plumber
Plumber

Tsuchimikado Motoharu wrote:
datdude wrote:
painlee wrote:
ultraalien wrote:
painlee wrote:

Being able to use the thing somehow and being able to use it fully are very different things. He's building a machine to resurrect Lord Transyl. As painlee said, we have seen that that kind of stuff even with the alpha rune is extremely difficult to do. That is why he is building a machine.

And as I said, only the most powerful magicians can use the alpha rune properly. Zs'skayr may be able to use it to some extent, but probably not to the level where he can just do whatever he wants with it. It probably would have been foolhardy for Zs'skayr to use it in his battle with Ben, since his goal of reviving Transyl is far more important than beating Ben, and considering his rack record, he probably would have lost it to him.

So the alpha rune is only good as the user who holds it. Like for example if Ben were to ever have it the rune would not do much good for him since he cant use manipulate mana and magic.

AleSir19

AleSir19
Plumber
Plumber

ultraalien wrote:
datdude wrote:
painlee wrote:
ultraalien wrote:
painlee wrote:

So the alpha rune is only good as the user who holds it. Like for example if Ben were to ever have it the rune would not do much good for him since he cant use manipulate mana and magic.

Yes, you cant want that a Ecto-Lord like Zs'skyar that is a ghost alien know how to use all his power the Alpha Rune because he doesnt have mana and doesnt know nothing about magic, that is why Vicktor and him is going to build and use a machine.

The only people that can use all the power of the Alpha rune is for example Hex or Chamcaster, Gwen can use it but not so good.

datdude

datdude
Plumber
Plumber

None of that explains why he teleports charmcaster and doesn't use the alpha rune on Ben. He CAN use the thing the degree of control is up in the air, but he CAN use it.

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Tsuchimikado Motoharu
Magister
Magister

datdude wrote:None of that explains why he teleports charmcaster and doesn't use the alpha rune on Ben. He CAN use the thing the degree of control is up in the air, but he CAN use it.

Yeah, but again, he typically loses to Ben. Defeating Ben wasn't even his goal, so jeopardizing his hold on an artifact we don't know he can use fully on a side goal would be really stupid. Also, although he teleported Charmcaster, I kinda doubt that he can control where to, since making her pop up in the Lovely Duck's restroom on purpose wouldn't make any sense. So again, he really isn't a master magician or anything.

datdude

datdude
Plumber
Plumber

datdude wrote:None of that explains why he teleports charmcaster and doesn't use the alpha rune on Ben. He CAN use the thing the degree of control is up in the air, but he CAN use it.

Yeah, but again, he typically loses to Ben. Defeating Ben wasn't even his goal, so jeopardizing his hold on an artifact we don't know he can use fully on a side goal would be really stupid. Also, although he teleported Charmcaster, I kinda doubt that he can control where to, since making her pop up in the Lovely Duck's restroom on purpose wouldn't make any sense. So again, he really isn't a master magician or anything.

A better answer then anything else we have I guess.

raistlin

In the pics it seems Charmcaster, after getting the Alpha Rune, goes full magic armor and blast Ben and Rook.
And I was hoping the chapter would avoid the cliché of the allied villain backstabbing the hero after defeating the main threat simply for the Evulz.

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Tsuchimikado Motoharu
Magister
Magister

raistlin wrote:In the pics it seems Charmcaster, after getting the Alpha Rune, goes full magic armor and blast Ben and Rook.
And I was hoping the chapter would avoid  the cliché of the allied villain backstabbing the hero after defeating the main threat simply for the Evulz.

There isn't really any reason for her to not do that, though.

raistlin

There isn't really any reason for her to not do that, though.

My personal addition to the Evil Overlord List: When circustances force me to team up with the hero against a common threat, I won´t betray him unless absolutely necessary. Because:
a) I will most likely fail.
b) being able to keep my word will gain me points next time I need the hero´s help.

Sir_Ronald

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

raistlin wrote:In the pics it seems Charmcaster, after getting the Alpha Rune, goes full magic armor and blast Ben and Rook.And I was hoping the chapter would avoid  the cliché of the allied villain backstabbing the hero after defeating the main threat simply for the Evulz.

You're looking at something out of context. We don't know at all if it's "simply for the Evulz".  The pumpkin guys are there, so I'm actually thinking she doesn't turn on Ben and Rook: she's going after all of Anur Transyl for revenge in the name of Ledgerdomain (as a goddess is wont to do) and Ben and Rook are naturally doing their job and stopping her.

I think they'll all regret it when their fight causes Zs'Skayr to reclaim the Rune and revive Lord Transyl.

In any case, Charmcaster has never done anything "for the Evulz" before, she's always been the relatable villain whom you can understand and sympathize with. I doubt that's changing now, since Matt Wayne (story editor) likes her that way.

Let Me Tell You Something

Let Me Tell You Something
Plumber
Plumber

And then she ended up betraying them randomly and predictably, even though with Charmcaster she has always done stuff on her whims instead of being evil or whatever.

Pretty good ep, maybe felt a bit underwhelming or something but I enjoyed it. I hope they keep the entire voicecast next episode since that's something that I feel limits the experience a lot. Swampfire's transformation was pretty enjoyable in-show - I don't know if I like it better but it's just nice to get some Swampfire focus.

Also I thought that talking to her bag was a reference to the sentience it demonstrated in Change of Face but that was a nice twist.

PeruAlonso

Plumber
Plumber

I had such high hopes of Charmcaster starting over, but then she turned traitor. This is positively disappointing.

Swampfire's new design is awesome. Didn't know it would help Ben's zit problem.

What got Viktoria so upset?

Uncle Grandpa

Uncle Grandpa
Magister
Magister

amazing amazing amazing amazing

no alien complaints this week because SWAMPFIRE <3

http://shrek.com

MaskedKitsune

MaskedKitsune
Plumber
Plumber

PeruAlonso wrote:

What got Viktoria so upset?

Kevin Rubio (one of the episode's writers) answered this.

It's because without the "zits" on his face, Ben was no longer attractive to her.

Sir_Ronald

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

Let Me Tell You Something wrote:And then she ended up betraying them randomly and predictably, even though with Charmcaster she has always done stuff on her whims instead of being evil or whatever.

Wait, what episode were you watching, because the one I saw ended with the reveal that Adwaitya had told Charmcaster to betray them for some as-of-now unknown reason. She's being manipulated.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum