CBobb1234
Zero Degrees
Ben Tenerator Rex
Sebastian13
Uncle Grandpa
BigChillfan10
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Which one do you prefer?Fasttrack or XLR8?

Fasttrack vs. XLR8 - Page 3 Vote_lcap75%Fasttrack vs. XLR8 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 75% [ 15 ]
Fasttrack vs. XLR8 - Page 3 Vote_lcap25%Fasttrack vs. XLR8 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 25% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 20

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Fasttrack vs. XLR8 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 1st September 2012, 11:31 pm

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

Zero Degrees wrote:
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:Ben's aliens aren't characters.
That's stupid.

If a person looks different, they're still the same person they were before. they're all Ben--that's the entire point of the entire show.

Ben is still Ben. Fasttrack is not Fasttrack, Fasttrack is Ben. I don't care if Duffie thought they were writing for forty different characters, but they weren't. They were just writing Ben.

The new aliens are never going to be good characters because they're not characters, they're forms.
Duh. Obviously, it's just Ben's personality. I just hope they're interesting as CHARACTERS in their own right, not necessarily personalities.

Just because they're all Ben doesn't mean they can't be handled well enough as characters. By characters, I don't mean any separate entities but...Dunno how to explain it but I want good development and each alien to have a unique flavor of their own. Even if all the aliens are Ben doesn't mean I want only Ben's personality in all aliens. I want him different in each alien, kinda like how some people's personalities are different with different groups of friends, despite being the same person.

I don't want just new designs and new powers but they should really be done 'right'. It's why I like XLR8 more than Fasttrack: the writers handled him well, like a character, even if it's simply an alien form of Ben. Fasttrack never had that; he was just powers, in my humble opinion.

However, to each their own Smile .

Greymatter= Smart Ben
Jury Rigg= Reckless Ben
Humongasaur/Waybig= Clumsy Ben
need I say more :p

52Fasttrack vs. XLR8 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 1st September 2012, 11:32 pm

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

mace23 wrote:
Zero Degrees wrote:
That's stupid.

If a person looks different, they're still the same person they were before. they're all Ben--that's the entire point of the entire show.

Ben is still Ben. Fasttrack is not Fasttrack, Fasttrack is Ben. I don't care if Duffie thought they were writing for forty different characters, but they weren't. They were just writing Ben.

The new aliens are never going to be good characters because they're not characters, they're forms.
Duh. Obviously, it's just Ben's personality. I just hope they're interesting as CHARACTERS in their own right, not necessarily personalities.

Just because they're all Ben doesn't mean they can't be handled well enough as characters. By characters, I don't mean any separate entities but...Dunno how to explain it but I want good development and each alien to have a unique flavor of their own. Even if all the aliens are Ben doesn't mean I want only Ben's personality in all aliens. I want him different in each alien, kinda like how some people's personalities are different with different groups of friends, despite being the same person.

I don't want just new designs and new powers but they should really be done 'right'. It's why I like XLR8 more than Fasttrack: the writers handled him well, like a character, even if it's simply an alien form of Ben. Fasttrack never had that; he was just powers, in my humble opinion.

Greymatter= Smart Ben
Jury Rigg= Reckless Ben
Fasttrack= Silent but stealthy Ben

53Fasttrack vs. XLR8 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 1st September 2012, 11:35 pm

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

mace23 wrote:
mace23 wrote:
Zero Degrees wrote:
That's stupid.

What about Rath and Ghostfreak Shocked

Greymatter= Smart Ben
Jury Rigg= Reckless Ben
Fasttrack= Silent but stealthy Ben

54Fasttrack vs. XLR8 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 2nd September 2012, 9:21 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Tsuchimikado Motoharu
Magister
Magister

The point is, of course some parts of Ben's personality are emphasized by his alien forms--Rath and Brainstorm being the more obvious examples of this. But it's still Ben being Ben. Ben is a good hero precisely because he's so flexible and innovative--he will always use each alien differently, because that's just Ben. He will act different and get a different feel for each alien--that isn't going to change. Have you seen Feedback and Bloxx in action? the two of them already have as much "character" as any UAF alien.

oh hey I never even answered the XLR8/Fasttrack question. I'd say XLR8 is better. I'd like Fasttrack more if he looked like how I redesigned him though. (Derrp)

55Fasttrack vs. XLR8 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 2nd September 2012, 11:09 pm

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

Lodestar's Advocate wrote:The point is, of course some parts of Ben's personality are emphasized by his alien forms--Rath and Brainstorm being the more obvious examples of this. But it's still Ben being Ben. Ben is a good hero precisely because he's so flexible and innovative--he will always use each alien differently, because that's just Ben. He will act different and get a different feel for each alien--that isn't going to change. Have you seen Feedback and Bloxx in action? the two of them already have as much "character" as any UAF alien.

oh hey I never even answered the XLR8/Fasttrack question. I'd say XLR8 is better. I'd like Fasttrack more if he looked like how I redesigned him though. (Derrp)
yeah but there also trying too come up with an entire alien species and interpreting that species idea of survival and lifestyle

56Fasttrack vs. XLR8 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 4th September 2012, 10:18 am

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Lodestar's Advocate wrote:The point is, of course some parts of Ben's personality are emphasized by his alien forms--Rath and Brainstorm being the more obvious examples of this. But it's still Ben being Ben. Ben is a good hero precisely because he's so flexible and innovative--he will always use each alien differently, because that's just Ben. He will act different and get a different feel for each alien--that isn't going to change. Have you seen Feedback and Bloxx in action? the two of them already have as much "character" as any UAF alien.

I know, I get your point and I agree. But personally, I want more than new faces and new powers but that's just me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3