Gravattacker
Sebastian13
Tammar
The Omni Triforcer
Turbojake252
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Omniverse Final Thoughts Empty Omniverse Final Thoughts 14th November 2014, 11:37 am

I'll be posting my final thoughts on Omniverse tonight but what does everyone else think?

2Omniverse Final Thoughts Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 14th November 2014, 11:44 am

Turbojake252

Turbojake252
Plumber
Plumber

Diamond Chris wrote:I'll be posting my final thoughts on Omniverse tonight but what does everyone else think?
That was completely amazing. It blew all expectations out of the water and ended in such a completely amazingness way, I'm in awe. I thank the crew and everyone who worked on the show for a great time a great adventure and a great introduction into the Ben 10 universe!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

3Omniverse Final Thoughts Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 14th November 2014, 11:46 am

The Omni Triforcer

The Omni Triforcer
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

I only saw the end of the episode but from what I saw it was epic and know we have the starting point for a new series road trip here we come after this series. I hope anyone who made fun of Omniverse will never make fun of a ben 10 again because either way it will be epic

4Omniverse Final Thoughts Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 14th November 2014, 5:13 pm

Tammar

Tammar
Plumber
Plumber

While I hated most of it, there were some amazing episodes, mostly the last few arc finales. I hate more stuff than I like, but it introduced some things that were great.

5Omniverse Final Thoughts Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 14th November 2014, 7:23 pm

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

I hated AF. It ended up being my favourite B10 series. I hated Omniverse, it ended up being my second favourite B10 series. Especially the last couple of episodes made me really love the series...they created such a huge and lively universe, and while the first few seasons didn't make me feel much for Omniverse (even when I liked it) or made me think all that much, until the ending it had both brains and heart.

My only regrets are not seeing Jetray, Chamalien, Fasttrack and Spitter. Other than that, Omniverse had everything a fan could possibly ask for. Thank you Omniverse team, you are all great. Very Happy

6Omniverse Final Thoughts Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 14th November 2014, 7:31 pm

Gravattacker

Gravattacker
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

Due to this end, a new series could be more than a rumour.

7Omniverse Final Thoughts Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 14th November 2014, 10:27 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Tsuchimikado Motoharu
Magister
Magister

It was just about everything I wanted it to be, and more. There's a lot i could write about it, but I've been running my mouth off about it for the past 2 years already. I'll just say I loved it.

8Omniverse Final Thoughts Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 14th November 2014, 11:14 pm

Ebomnitrix

Ebomnitrix
Magister
Magister

Welp.... Omniverse has been great, a lot of disappointments but up-pointments.
We got to see 2/3 of everybody in the Omniverse franchise.
Ben properly used everyone that he used in the series.
It's disappointing that we never got to Jetray, ChamAlien, Fasttrack, Spitter, Snakepit, Shellhead, Sandbox Ventrilosquid, Skidmarxx, Bungee Sponge, Solinabluzzard?, Rocks, Squidstrictor, and (Even though I'm the only one who counts this): Portaler. Including the ultimates not shown in OV.
Still it was a good way to end the show, and this has been better than the bland-out Ultimate Alien series. (Not Alien Force, that is another story).
Omniverse went kind of down once Arc 2 happened, but it picked up at Arc 3 but went down again in Arc 6 (which was shit), but it slowly picked itself up to an epic perfect ending. (Talking in production order, not airing order, airing order was just terrible from Arcs 2-6).
Until the announcement of the next installment of the franchise... goodbye Ben 10.

Last edited by Ebomnitrix on 15th November 2014, 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forgot some aliens)

9Omniverse Final Thoughts Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 14th November 2014, 11:41 pm

Well I don't want to give a huge formal review yet cause that would take a few weeks so here are my quick thoughts on OV.
Positives

• Ben got more then one shirt per show, now he has his new shirt and a new jacket (and kinda his UAF jacket since it's been shown in his bedroom.
  • A lot of the aliens, some where ok, some where bad.
  • We really got to see the whole Ben 10 universe instead of just Earth.
  • Less shipping (that took up around 80% of UAF and it got annoying after awhile).
  • We had some fun new characters like Ester, Fistina, Fistrick, etc.
  • Azmuth was much more enjoyable.
  • While we had a lot of horrible redesigns, a few of them where not bad.
  • Max was shown more and was more important.
  • Malware.
  • Khyber.
  • The Plumbers Base.
  • The return of a lot of OS aliens.
  • Albedo's ultimate designs.
  • The Fraction.
  • The Biomnitrix was interesting but I would have liked to see more fusions.
  • Eon was much better here then he was in UA.
  • Albedo when he was 16 was ba.
  • Atomix, Whampire, and Pesky Dust were cool.
  • I HATED the art style at first but I grew to love it. It's so colorful, I love UAF's style for how realistic it looked but his kind of art style is also enjoyable and fit with the series. However I am open for a new art style and something closer to UAF but not losing the color and detail of OV.
  • I love Ben 23 and I know a ton of people hate him. He was just such an enjoyable character and really showed off how Ben would be without Max. He was funny, made fun of dumb fan alien names, was good comedy relief, and I just couldn't get enough of him.

Negatives

• XLR8 was used WAYYY too much.
  • No Jetray, Fasttrack, ChamAlien, or Spitter.
  • Rook was just there. He was annoying in the beginning but got better over time but he was just always there.
  • The recons (cough Rooters cough).
  • None of the alternate Ben's besides Ben 23 and Mad Ben got any focus.
  • Overuse of certain aliens (Humungousaur, Bloxx, Feedback, etc).
  • The OS flashbacks after Malware. I only liked the first episode of Arc 8 but other then that the other non-Malware flashbacks were pointless.
  • Phil. First he was used as an experiment for the Nemetrix, then he lost his mind due to it, then suddenly he's a rooter and can control it yet Max said he lost his mind? wtf.
  • Ragnarok and Aggregor not being mentioned (ik DJW had plans but they never made it into the show).
  • Albedo becoming 11. This just made him into a joke.
  • Kai being forced into the show as Ben's girlfriend.
  • Them trying to force Ben into the Ben 10,000 future. Just leave his future unknown alright, it kinda runs the show when we know he will be fine and fighting crime in thirty years.
  • The Ben and Julie breakup. I understand, they break up it's normal but they really rushed it and then in Most Dangerous Game Show it seemed like she just didn't care at all.
  • Ester leaving Ben. They where such a good fit yet all because of the Ben 10,000 future she had to break up with him. I would have been cool with her just leaving him with a good reason but not cause they needed Kai to be his girlfriend.
  • The comedy. Comedy is cool but it has to be natural, OV forced it a lot and the characters suffered because of it.
  • That Malware build up after Malgax Attacks, never followed up on.
  • Zs'skayr's head. It was really unique when it was upside down but fixing it was just wrong.
  • Not showing how Ben removed the Omnitrix. This was a huge plot point that UAF skipped and OV had the chance to answer but nope they didn't do it.
  • Kevin in the flashbacks. Every single time he appeared he made more errors in the timeline expect for his first appearance with Argit.
  • Argit was focused on way too much. It was enjoyable at times seeing him become a hero and then president but it just felt like the writers loved Argit too much.

Was Omniverse the best series? NOOOOOO way. It was miles above Ultimate Alien for reasons I won't get into here (Ultimate Alien suffered from pointless filler, being AF Season 4, not using it's Ultimate's more, and not having a plot for almost 30 episodes after Ulitmate Kevin was rapped up) but it wasn't as good as OS and AF were for me. I hope Omniverse can help improve whatever we get in the future (fifth series, reboot, etc) by showing them what not to do and what they can learn from OV but also what worked with OV and what they should continue with.
So long OV, bring on the next series! I'll be waiting...

10Omniverse Final Thoughts Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 14th November 2014, 11:57 pm

Lukey

Lukey
Plumber
Plumber

Yeah, I really disliked Omniverse for the first few seasons, but then it started to produce some really good episodes. I'm still not a fan of the majority of the show, but when it's good, it's really damn good.

11Omniverse Final Thoughts Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 15th November 2014, 12:01 am

The Omni Triforcer

The Omni Triforcer
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

Diamond Chris wrote:[*]Them trying to force Ben into the Ben 10,000 future. Just leave his future unknown alright, it kinda runs the show when we know he will be fine and fighting crime in thirty years.
Remember as paradox says the future is not set it in stone remember ben 10 returns Ben 10'000 says he remembers all the events from that episode and made it seem like that would be the future but it changed in omniverse and it can and will change again.

12Omniverse Final Thoughts Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 15th November 2014, 12:26 am

datdude

datdude
Plumber
Plumber

NEver an OV fan hated the designs the change in bens attitude, the choice to have so much less kevin and gwen in the show, rook over all. Im glad its over but its the startrek voyager of the ben 10 franchise disappointing.

Looking forward to whatever comes next.

DD

13Omniverse Final Thoughts Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 15th November 2014, 12:30 am

Uncle Grandpa

Uncle Grandpa
Magister
Magister

definitely my favorite series. really added a ton to the series, both in-universe (especially with those amazing incidentals) and out. amazing art, introduced baumann, what's not to like?

oh right, the total lack of eatle. and how some aliens (coughtoepick) got totally screwed over while feedback over there got 23 uses. but eh. still better than uaf.

http://shrek.com

14Omniverse Final Thoughts Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 15th November 2014, 2:42 am

AleSir19

AleSir19
Plumber
Plumber

The First seasons fail in show how powerfull the Omnitrix was and even how Ben was a cool guy, he almost ended like an idiot in almost every episode from the first 2 Arc, but we can not say that Khyber and Malware, even the Inurseans was beautiful villains.

I dont know what to say, Omniverse make really happy my side of fan, because we see almost every alien (they only fail in not using Jetray, Chamalien and even Fasttrack, because later CN dont let them create more aliens).

Over the side of characters and villains we get the best of both worlds, the new and the old side. But it was in this last Arc's (4, 5, 6, 7 and some episodes from Cool that we get finally the big Omniverse.

This series make me happy, is the first time in years, that i wanna to see episode after episode and only some episodes from Arc 7 and 8 make me hate this series from moment to moment. The end of Omniverse is really cool too, because Matt Youngberg end the series in a way that end up showing how the time loops of Vilgax wants the Omnitrix, how he gets the Chronosapien Bomb and even how Ben ends up not saving one planet, not stoping one villain, he save the universe.

So for me they did it again, Ben finally can say that he saves the universe, Omniverse finally make me feel that Ben was a badass and that now nothing can stop him, but off course Youngberg create a new way to go with a space road tripp.

15Omniverse Final Thoughts Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 15th November 2014, 3:26 am

TrustMeImBlue

TrustMeImBlue

While the original is my favourite series, Omniverse is second. I loved the style and animation of Omniverse from the beginning, in fact i was rather confused as to why people hated it. There is a butt load of detail in the designs and smooth animation compared to the lazy animation that was in AF/UA. One thing that bothered me is the "mystery" vibe represented in OS and AF was absent, i personally feel like there is a lot more to explore inside the Omnitrix and it's not as simple as it appeared to be in Omniverse (slap and transformation, there must be more secrets to the device.) The crew really created a unique universe and characters within it, i could easily watch episodes of Omniverse over and over again, except for the vreedle episodes because... vreedles. I am hoping for a 5th series and a complete box set would be nice, i'd definitely buy it.

16Omniverse Final Thoughts Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 15th November 2014, 3:37 am

The Omni Triforcer

The Omni Triforcer
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

TrustMeImBlue wrote:While the original is my favourite series, Omniverse is second. I loved the style and animation of Omniverse from the beginning, in fact i was rather confused as to why people hated it. There is a butt load of detail in the designs and smooth animation compared to the lazy animation that was in AF/UA. One thing that bothered me is the "mystery" vibe represented in OS and AF was absent, i personally feel like there is a lot more to explore inside the Omnitrix and it's not as simple as it appeared to be in Omniverse (slap and transformation, there must be more secrets to the device.) The crew really created a unique universe and characters within it, i could easily watch episodes of Omniverse over and over again, except for the vreedle episodes because... vreedles. I am hoping for a 5th series and a complete box set would be nice, i'd definitely buy it.
I dont know why people didn't like the artstyle man i remember this photo its been so long Omniverse Final Thoughts 133001251969

17Omniverse Final Thoughts Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 15th November 2014, 3:46 am

Ebomnitrix

Ebomnitrix
Magister
Magister

beczam1290 wrote:
TrustMeImBlue wrote:While the original is my favourite series, Omniverse is second. I loved the style and animation of Omniverse from the beginning, in fact i was rather confused as to why people hated it. There is a butt load of detail in the designs and smooth animation compared to the lazy animation that was in AF/UA. One thing that bothered me is the "mystery" vibe represented in OS and AF was absent, i personally feel like there is a lot more to explore inside the Omnitrix and it's not as simple as it appeared to be in Omniverse (slap and transformation, there must be more secrets to the device.) The crew really created a unique universe and characters within it, i could easily watch episodes of Omniverse over and over again, except for the vreedle episodes because... vreedles. I am hoping for a 5th series and a complete box set would be nice, i'd definitely buy it.
I dont know why people didn't like the artstyle man i remember this photo its been so long Omniverse Final Thoughts 133001251969
When you look at it, they don't even look like from the actual show, they could've atleast adjusted them to look like they're from the show... I mean the pupels are way too big.

18Omniverse Final Thoughts Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 15th November 2014, 3:47 am

Uncle Grandpa

Uncle Grandpa
Magister
Magister

Ebomnitrix wrote:
beczam1290 wrote:
When you look at it, they don't even look like from the actual show, they could've atleast adjusted them to look like they're from the show... I mean the pupels are way too big.

Yeah, a lot of the early promo art looks really bad. Looking back, I can't really blame myself (or anyone else) for reacting so badly to the early pictures. Wish they'd introduced it with some clips or stills from the actual show.

19Omniverse Final Thoughts Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 15th November 2014, 3:48 am

TrustMeImBlue

TrustMeImBlue

Ebomnitrix wrote:
beczam1290 wrote:

Older ben looks a bit odd in that image but 11 year old ben looks like a bad ass and better than his original series design so im still confused why people didnt like it! Razz

20Omniverse Final Thoughts Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 15th November 2014, 3:49 am

The Omni Triforcer

The Omni Triforcer
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

Ebomnitrix wrote:
beczam1290 wrote:
I know I mean 16 year old bens head is rounded in the show it looks wierd in that pic

21Omniverse Final Thoughts Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 15th November 2014, 11:53 am

Tammar

Tammar
Plumber
Plumber

ShrekIsLoveShrekIsLife wrote:definitely my favorite series. really added a ton to the series, both in-universe (especially with those amazing incidentals) and out. amazing art, introduced baumann, what's not to like?

oh right, the total lack of eatle. and how some aliens (coughtoepick) got totally screwed over while feedback over there got 23 uses. but eh. still better than uaf.
Baumann was only improved in OV, he was technically introduced in UA

22Omniverse Final Thoughts Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 15th November 2014, 3:02 pm

Transyl Servantis

Transyl Servantis
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

Tammar wrote:
ShrekIsLoveShrekIsLife wrote:definitely my favorite series. really added a ton to the series, both in-universe (especially with those amazing incidentals) and out. amazing art, introduced baumann, what's not to like?

UA Baumann is fake.

23Omniverse Final Thoughts Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 15th November 2014, 3:05 pm

Uncle Grandpa

Uncle Grandpa
Magister
Magister

Transyl Servantis wrote:
Tammar wrote:

UA Baumann is fake.

Let's not start this again. Tamtaro is free to believe that Baumann was in UA and I'm free to completely ignore that anyone even named Baumann was in it. Let's not derail the thread with five pages of personal attacks again.

24Omniverse Final Thoughts Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 15th November 2014, 3:50 pm

Echoecho6

Echoecho6
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

ShrekIsLoveShrekIsLife wrote:
Transyl Servantis wrote:
Tammar wrote:

UA Baumann is fake.

Let's not start this again. Tamtaro is free to believe that Baumann was in UA and I'm free to completely ignore that anyone even named Baumann was in it. Let's not derail the thread with five pages of personal attacks again.

Sorry but *Tammar is correct. You can't deny it any longer.

25Omniverse Final Thoughts Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 15th November 2014, 6:00 pm

Solo28

Solo28
Plumber
Plumber

Omniverse was a great series, but I have to say the Ultimate Alien is still my favorite.

While OV did have the best art style of the franchise, introduced some fun characters, and had a lighter and more fun atmosphere to it, there's just something to UA that always brings me back. OV had its episodes that made me question why I watch this show, but it also had episodes I loved.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum