The Kraken

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Kraken  Empty The Kraken 3rd January 2015, 4:46 pm

SonicShane97

SonicShane97
Human
Human

I just watched episode 3 of the original series, and I thought the Kraken was pretty cool. Now, I did say in my first post I'm new to watching Ben 10 again, and that I am still very unknowledgeable. So I have some questions;
1. Does the Kraken ever appear again?
2. Is it an alien? It seems pretty alien, and very intelligent to me.
I really liked this episode because it provides the sense that there is still mystery and wonder in the world. You know, creatures that shouldn't exist, but actually do.

It's probable that there are other creatures of the same species in the lake they visited, and perhaps in the area. I doubt it reproduces asexually. It appears reptilian in nature, and looks like a female specimen (because it has specific adaptations that would be akin to a female specimen, you know, those tentacles on it's head it uses to hold it's eggs.) Also, Ben references it as being a "she."

2The Kraken  Empty Re: The Kraken 5th January 2015, 2:00 am

Let Me Tell You Something

Plumber
Plumber

A member of the species will appear again, much later on in the franchise. One can imply that it's an extraterrestrial species, especially from its second appearance, but its never stated outright.

3The Kraken  Empty Re: The Kraken 5th January 2015, 5:12 pm

SonicShane97

SonicShane97
Human
Human

Let Me Tell You Something wrote:A member of the species will appear again, much later on in the franchise. One can imply that it's an extraterrestrial species, especially from its second appearance, but its never stated outright.
Cool. I take it they just bring it back for a kind of fanservice thing right?
As for it being an alien or not, it's arguably got to be one of the more primitive ones, even more primitive than humans. I've been reading up on a classification system they use in Ben 10 for techonology, e.g. level 1-20, and the omnitrix/ultramatrix are level 20.
(correct me if I am wrong)
The Kraken seems to have basic maternal instincts and is probably more advanced than other lifeforms on earth, but it could still pass for a member of the animal kingdom. I'd say it has dolphin level intelligence.
Can someone clarify where that episode was set? the one I talked about in this thread. I wanna find out if its based on true folklore. Probably lock ness monster, Chessie in Lake Chesapeake North America, I'm trying to think of the famous one up in Vermont... Ahh it'll come to me.

4The Kraken  Empty Re: The Kraken 5th January 2015, 7:43 pm

The Omni Triforcer

The Omni Triforcer
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

SonicShane97 wrote:
Let Me Tell You Something wrote:A member of the species will appear again, much later on in the franchise. One can imply that it's an extraterrestrial species, especially from its second appearance, but its never stated outright.
As for it being an alien or not, it's arguably got to be one of the more primitive ones, even more primitive than humans. I've been reading up on a classification system they use in Ben 10 for techonology, e.g. level 1-20, and the omnitrix/ultramatrix are level 20.
The Kraken seems to have basic maternal instincts and is probably more advanced than other lifeforms on earth, but it could still pass for a member of the animal kingdom. I'd say it has dolphin level intelligence.
Can someone clarify where that episode was set? the one I talked about in this thread. I wanna find out if its based on true folklore. Probably lock ness monster, Chessie in Lake Chesapeake North America, I'm trying to think of the famous one up in Vermont... Ahh it'll come to me.
Actually in The original series it is Cryptid but it might have been retconned to be an alien in Omniverse. Btw kraken is actually spelled Krakken And just curious did you just start on the ben 10 franchise.

5The Kraken  Empty Re: The Kraken 5th January 2015, 8:14 pm

ultraalien

Plumber
Plumber

beczam1290 wrote:
SonicShane97 wrote:
Actually in The original series it is Cryptid but it might have been retconned to be an alien in Omniverse. Btw kraken is actually spelled Krakken And just curious did you just start on the ben 10 franchise.
I don't believe it has been retconned to be an alien in Omniverse I don't think it was ever stated to be an alien.

6The Kraken  Empty Re: The Kraken 5th January 2015, 8:38 pm

datdude

datdude
Plumber
Plumber

If you want to tell the difference between a cryptid and an alien you should call the Saturdays

7The Kraken  Empty Re: The Kraken 6th January 2015, 6:43 pm

SonicShane97

SonicShane97
Human
Human

[quote="beczam1290"][quote="SonicShane97"]
Let Me Tell You Something wrote:. Btw kraken is actually spelled Krakken And just curious did you just start on the ben 10 franchise.

Yeah, I recently got back into watching it again. I watched it when I was like 7-11 and stopped when the original premise ended. For some reason I watched the series after it when Ben is 15, Kevin's their ally and hated it back then. I didn't like how they were aged up.

8The Kraken  Empty Re: The Kraken 6th January 2015, 7:36 pm

The Omni Triforcer

The Omni Triforcer
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

SonicShane97 wrote:
beczam1290 wrote:
SonicShane97 wrote:
Let Me Tell You Something wrote:. Btw kraken is actually spelled Krakken And just curious did you just start on the ben 10 franchise.

Yeah, I recently got back into watching it again. I watched it when I was like 7-11 and stopped when the original premise ended. For some reason I watched the series after it when Ben is 15, Kevin's their ally and hated it back then. I didn't like how they were aged up.
How do you feel about it now

9The Kraken  Empty Re: The Kraken 6th January 2015, 9:51 pm

Plumber
Plumber

ultraalien wrote:
I don't believe it has been retconned to be an alien in Omniverse I don't think it was ever stated to be an alien.
I'd assume it's an alien given the nature of its second appearance. I think the OS left it being ambiguous as to whether it was a cryptid or alien, though.

SonicShane97 wrote:
I guess. If anything it's a bit of a cameo/world builder as the 4th series does a lot to use prior elements of the franchise.

10The Kraken  Empty Re: The Kraken 6th January 2015, 10:47 pm

SonicShane97

SonicShane97
Human
Human

beczam1290 wrote:
SonicShane97 wrote:
beczam1290 wrote:
SonicShane97 wrote:

How do you feel about it now

I've yet to watch it yet. So far I've watched 14 episodes of the original series, which I'm really enjoying. When I was 11 and the new thing came out, I was going through a phase at that time, a phase which lots of kids go through of where they assume that because they're changing school they have to grow up and leave cartoons behind. It was more that I had judged it beforehand as being crap, and then abandoned it along with everything else I used to like. I started to get back into fandoms and things when I was 15 though, so it didn't last for a long time.
I'm sure I will enjoy it more this time around.

11The Kraken  Empty Re: The Kraken 6th January 2015, 10:51 pm

SonicShane97

SonicShane97
Human
Human

Another thing; you guys are mentioning "cryptids" and "aliens" like they're two different categories within the franchise for anything that isn't human. I want to know, is cryptid a term used in Ben 10 to describe an unknown species (that naturally occurs on earth) in the same way we would describe Bigfoot as a cryptid, or are you guys just trying to argue a point that the Krakken isn't an alien and is what we would call a cryptid?

12The Kraken  Empty Re: The Kraken 6th January 2015, 11:01 pm

The Omni Triforcer

The Omni Triforcer
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

SonicShane97 wrote:Another thing; you guys are mentioning "cryptids" and "aliens" like they're two different categories within the franchise for anything that isn't human. I want to know, is cryptid a term used in Ben 10 to describe an unknown species (that naturally occurs on earth) in the same way we would describe Bigfoot as a cryptid, or are you guys just trying to argue a point that the Krakken isn't an alien and is what we would call a cryptid?
Little bit of a spoiler but later in the series then secret Saturday's crossover onto Ben 10 which clearly shows cryptids arnt aliens and arnt in the same category but the ben 10 crew doesn't use that term beside that episode

13The Kraken  Empty Re: The Kraken 12th January 2015, 11:25 pm

Plumber
Plumber

Cryptids are terrestrial undocumented/hidden creatures of sorts. Aliens are any non-terrestrial creature. The show uses both aliens and cryptids or just paranormal stuff occurring on Earth, though a good amount of it is alien life that came on Earth.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum