Ben 10 Forums

In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.


You are not connected. Please login or register

The Ben 10 Reboot

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 24]

176The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 24th April 2016, 9:30 pm

AleSir19

AleSir19
Plumber
Plumber
What CN is trying to do is put kid characters, kid voices that is all. But even in that case, you have the example of Clarence were Clarence himself was voice by the creator of the show and it was really funny. CN isnt trying to be cheaper.

The Time change and that is all. I dont really understand the hate,without reasons to CN, when they never were known for their Action/Adventure series, they always did Animated Comedy series, Hanna Barbera did some great Action/Adventure shows, but they are known for they great comic animated characters.

Isnt like CN try to copy and paste comedy all over their channel after "Adventure Time" was a success, because the reality is that they live a really bad time with comedy shows, they put out some really bad comic animated series between 2008 and 2009 and some cool but unpopular animated series:

"Megas XLR", "Class of 3000", "Squirrel Boy", "Camp Lazlo", "Chowder" and "The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack".

This doesnt mean all this animated series were failures, because Chowder and Flapjack were a success but CN passed a strange time were they lost all their big animated series and rebuild the channel. This was the time were the live action and the animation begin to be used like some kind of experiment, that end up failing hard.

So at the end CN put to the air "Ben 10: Alien Force" after "Ben 10" the first full Action/Adventure show of CN was a succes and this give birth to "The Secret Saturdays", "Generator Rex", even "Sym-bionic Titan", the first animated series i can say had such a mature and adult focus in CN.

The Secret Saturdays did well wasnt a huge success but it was unique, later we got "Ben 10: Ultimate Alien" and "Generator Rex" two series who follow the same trend than before, sadly "Ben 10: Ultimate Alien" was a disappointment in terms of merchandising while "Generator Rex" was too good for CN.

And if you add that "Sym-Bionic Titan" dont had any kind of merchandising connected to the show, that was the end of the "mature and full action/adventure" animated series for CN.

So they did "Ben 10: Omniverse" the end of the full action/adventure animated series and some kind of attempt to "rebrand" what an action/adventure animated series can be. But they fail really hard in doin so.

Sadly for the fans of this type of tv shows, Adventure Time and Regular Show reborn the good comedy in CN and after 2 years, they created "Steven Universe" and "Uncle Grandpa", Steven Universe had the same target that Ben 10: Omniverse, rebrand what an Action/Adventure animated series could be. Uncle Grandpa was a sad copy cat version of what came before.

Later we got Clarence, later We Bare Bears and now The Powepuff Girls. They are only making one new tv show for year i believe. CN only retake what they left behind, because while "Ben 10: Ultimate Alien" was a dissapointment, Generator Rex was too mature for what they were trying to do and Sym-Bionic Titan end up failing hard. Adventure Time and Regular Show become a success.

They have Adventure Time and Regular Show like 6 years in the channel, this brings CN back to the years of "Dexter's Laboratory", "Johnny Bravo", "The Powerpuff Girls", "Ed, Edd n Eddy", "The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy" or "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends" some of the most successful series CN ever had. But again what happen with Ben 10 and his 3 reboots, who prove than the kids like "full Action/Adventure" animated series?

177The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 25th April 2016, 1:46 am

The Voice

The Voice
Plumber
Plumber
Isn't that what the reboot is just another attempt at rebranding? What I understand is they were planing the merchandise out for the PPG and Ben 10 reboots before the shows were in production.

178The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 25th April 2016, 1:52 am

Tactical Ochoa


Plumber
Plumber
Yup, that's what these reboots pretty much are. And yeah, CN were planning out the merchandise for the PPG and Ben 10 reboot. The Ben 10 reboot toy line was announced a month after the reboot itself was announced. As for the PPG reboot, christ, just christ. CN was going all out on the merchandise advertising there. There were fashion shows with PPG reboot clothing. A month or two before the reboot officially aired, CN had this big celebration in I believe Texas with a bunch of PPG merchandise there. They also showed like an episode or two of the PPG reboot and then ended the event with a big ass parade. CN was basically over advertising the merchandise for the PPG reboot way before the reboot even aired. It was insane. Something tells me that pretty soon we're going to see a bunch of product advertising for the Ben 10 reboot likely soon.

179The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 25th April 2016, 12:20 pm

AleSir19

AleSir19
Plumber
Plumber
The Voice wrote:Isn't that what the reboot is just another attempt at rebranding? What I understand is they were planing the merchandise out for the PPG and Ben 10 reboots before the shows were in production.

No, the Ben 10 reboot is more their "desperate attempt" to reborn Ben 10 and to make a "new" audience or fanbase. Because a lot of the old fans from UA dont watch Ben 10 anymore or dont like it anymore, so they dont had any other option after "Omniverse" that reboot the franchise.

So sadly the voice, people like you cause the reboot, not CN, not me, people like you, but multiplied by thousands.

The reason why CN reboot Ben 10 or The Powerpuff Girls is because that were some of the best and most successful shows in the channel and they somehow believe this two shows reboots can try to bring greatness to the channel again.

Because like you say really well before, CN dont had a really diverse programming anymore, their most successful series are two "action/comedy" heavy tv shows and three more comedy, follow by Steven Universe and the Powerpuff Girl, "action/comedy/superhero/fantasy" shows.

So we are back in the times of KND, Dexter Laboratory, Cow and Chiken and almost other 50 shows (i am kidding i know they arent so much).

180The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 25th April 2016, 7:30 pm

Ebomnitrix

Ebomnitrix
Magister
Magister
AleSir19 wrote:
The Voice wrote:Isn't that what the reboot is just another attempt at rebranding? What I understand is they were planing the merchandise out for the PPG and Ben 10 reboots before the shows were in production.

No, the Ben 10 reboot is more their "desperate attempt" to reborn Ben 10 and to make a "new" audience or fanbase. Because a lot of the old fans from UA dont watch Ben 10 anymore or dont like it anymore, so they dont had any other option after "Omniverse" that reboot the franchise.

So sadly the voice, people like you cause the reboot, not CN, not me, people like you, but multiplied by thousands.

The reason why CN reboot Ben 10 or The Powerpuff Girls is because that were some of the best and most successful shows in the channel and they somehow believe this two shows reboots can try to bring greatness to the channel again.

Because like you say really well before, CN dont had a really diverse programming anymore, their most successful series are two "action/comedy" heavy tv shows and three more comedy, follow by Steven Universe and the Powerpuff Girl, "action/comedy/superhero/fantasy" shows.

So we are back in the times of KND, Dexter Laboratory, Cow and Chiken and almost other 50 shows (i am kidding i know they arent so much).
its because of Omniverse, people kept judging over Ben not having Gwen and Kevin, and the show had an animation change, while more than likely, Ben 10 was the same. People of the UAF fans don't understand is that Ben 10 is just about Ben, and his aliens, not his side characters or something seriously dark going on, and after Alien Force, the Ben 10 team wanted to take a lighter drift, and the animation change was CN's decision. Even when Dwayne was working on Omniverse before he passed, that was bound to happen since production started in early 2011. Plus it was Dwayne's idea to remove them in the first place. The older fans want drama/dark/action stuff, well the truth is, Ben 10 isn't for that old an audience its meant for people that are 6-12/9-14, but you can watch it at any age, but you just gotta remember, its tone is meant for that audience. Whenever I've talked to some people about Ben 10 IRL, they stopped watching it for those 2 reasons above, literally out of anyone I've talked to, they stopped after that point.

As for Reboots, I know that those 2 shows have been the iconic success of CN, I mean Powerpuff Girl's has had its third show, while Ben 10 is having its fifth, and out of the desperate audience, Samurai Jack is back for an extra season to wrap things up, so its more of a few bonus seasons in all honesty. If anything does get revived... the possibility of whatever shows we get rebooted or original next, will be something like... Cow and Chicken, Johnny Bravo, and if we're lucky Galactic KND and Secret Saturdays (As a comedy), but that's all I can see.

181The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 25th April 2016, 7:36 pm

Ebomnitrix

Ebomnitrix
Magister
Magister
Tactical Ochoa wrote:Yup, that's what these reboots pretty much are. And yeah, CN were planning out the merchandise for the PPG and Ben 10 reboot. The Ben 10 reboot toy line was announced a month after the reboot itself was announced. As for the PPG reboot, christ, just christ. CN was going all out on the merchandise advertising there. There were fashion shows with PPG reboot clothing. A month or two before the reboot officially aired, CN had this big celebration in I believe Texas with a bunch of PPG merchandise there. They also showed like an episode or two of the PPG reboot and then ended the event with a big ass parade. CN was basically over advertising the merchandise for the PPG reboot way before the reboot even aired. It was insane. Something tells me that pretty soon we're going to see a bunch of product advertising for the Ben 10 reboot likely soon.

Yeah, I feel like we're going to get really teased with info starting by May or June since all other countries are getting it by like late September/October. And the toyline... well Playmates has done well with TMNT, and Bandai has been really bad in production, so the switch to Playmates was probably for the best, since it got Thundercats and Omniverse cancelled. (That and they stopped selling them in the US, and at times would sell em only at Toys R Us). If Ben 10 is going to do something like that, it's going to happen like Powerpuff Girls, but I'm not sure how big the audience for Ben 10 will be since during and after Omniverse, a lot of people (mostly people in North America) complained about it and don't even want it to continue. So I doubt so many people will be posting pics over and over like they did with PPG, just cause of some of the hate.

I do however think we'll get teasers, toy pictures and a lot of that stuff really soon, the Ben 10 Reboot might however not sell toys til 2017 according to the Toy Fair, so that might be why we won't see so much stuff just yet. People are really keeping this show under wraps so its hard to know really anything. Like for example, Sonic Boom, anything by WB, and Powerpuff Girls were really quiet til a couple months before release time, and we got lucky just to see the set of 10 for the Reboot, while multiple others are probably getting redesigns right now. If my guess is correct, Season 1 is probably 3/4's done, and if that's true, things could be happening at any moment. So right now its best to stay alarmed and focused.

182The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 25th April 2016, 7:50 pm

The Voice

The Voice
Plumber
Plumber
Don't blame my fanbase that's a low blow a very low blow.

183The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 25th April 2016, 8:20 pm

Tactical Ochoa


Plumber
Plumber
Ebomnitrix: Well here's where the concern for the toy line for the Ben 10 reboot comes into mind. Ben 10 Ultimate Alien's toy line did really bad in sales. In fact, that toy line did so bad that stores like Walmart and Target don't even want to sell the Omniverse toy line, greatly limiting accessibility and purchasing of it. Even if the Ben 10 reboot toy line is being produced by Playmates, would those very same stores even want to sell even want to sell those toys or will they look back at the past and decide to learn from history and say "no." If the toy lines for Ultimate Alien and Omniverse did poorly, what even makes CN think that the Ben 10 reboot toy line will do any better? This isn't the 80s with TMNT and Transformers being advertisement shows. This is 2016. Most viewers watch shows because they want to get into the stories and characters and all that stuff. Because they want to have a good and fun experience watching the shows. At least most viewers don't want to watch shows because they want to buy the toy lines, something that CN doesn't get. The merchandise should be based off of the shows; not the other way around. Taking this in mind and considering that CN likes to determine the success of their shows through their toy lines, if the Ben 10 reboot toy line doesn't do so well, I don't think it'll matter if it is good. CN will just do to the reboot what they did to Omniverse and screw the reboot over. When CN announces a toy line for one of their most established and well known shows, it causes a lot of concern to many viewers.

The Voice: Ebomnitrix isn't blaming the AF/UA fanbase. Ebomnitrix is criticizing them. There's a difference there. Also no, it's not your fanbase. It's just a fanbase to a series owned by CN. Ebomnitrix even makes a good point about the AF/UA fanbase as well. Not everything about Ben 10 has to be dark. In fact, Ben 10 doesn't need to and very much shouldn't have been turned into a DC show. That's what Alien Force and Ultimate Alien seems to be in my opinion; DC's version of Ben 10. Figures since that AF and UA were made by DC writers. Anyways, the dark and serious tone of AF and UA is not what makes Ben 10 great. In my opinion, it works against the series. the original Ben 10 did have many dark moments but it also had many light moments to balance it out. If anything, if I were to pick between DC and Marvel, I'd say that the original Ben 10 is more similar to Marvel, which makes sense since that Man of Action were former Marvel comic book writers and artists. Really though, I would compare the original Ben 10 to Japanese anime. Either way, Ebomnitrix makes a really good point about the Ben 10 series and the AF/UA fanbase.

184The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 25th April 2016, 9:49 pm

Ebomnitrix

Ebomnitrix
Magister
Magister
Tactical Ochoa wrote:Ebomnitrix: Well here's where the concern for the toy line for the Ben 10 reboot comes into mind. Ben 10 Ultimate Alien's toy line did really bad in sales. In fact, that toy line did so bad that stores like Walmart and Target don't even want to sell the Omniverse toy line, greatly limiting accessibility and purchasing of it. Even if the Ben 10 reboot toy line is being produced by Playmates, would those very same stores even want to sell even want to sell those toys or will they look back at the past and decide to learn from history and say "no." If the toy lines for Ultimate Alien and Omniverse did poorly, what even makes CN think that the Ben 10 reboot toy line will do any better? This isn't the 80s with TMNT and Transformers being advertisement shows. This is 2016. Most viewers watch shows because they want to get into the stories and characters and all that stuff. Because they want to have a good and fun experience watching the shows. At least most viewers don't want to watch shows because they want to buy the toy lines, something that CN doesn't get. The merchandise should be based off of the shows; not the other way around. Taking this in mind and considering that CN likes to determine the success of their shows through their toy lines, if the Ben 10 reboot toy line doesn't do so well, I don't think it'll matter if it is good. CN will just do to the reboot what they did to Omniverse and screw the reboot over. When CN announces a toy line for one of their most established and well known shows, it causes a lot of concern to many viewers.

The Voice: Ebomnitrix isn't blaming the AF/UA fanbase. Ebomnitrix is criticizing them. There's a difference there. Also no, it's not your fanbase. It's just a fanbase to a series owned by CN. Ebomnitrix even makes a good point about the AF/UA fanbase as well. Not everything about Ben 10 has to be dark. In fact, Ben 10 doesn't need to and very much shouldn't have been turned into a DC show. That's what Alien Force and Ultimate Alien seems to be in my opinion; DC's version of Ben 10. Figures since that AF and UA were made by DC writers. Anyways, the dark and serious tone of AF and UA is not what makes Ben 10 great. In my opinion, it works against the series. the original Ben 10 did have many dark moments but it also had many light moments to balance it out. If anything, if I were to pick between DC and Marvel, I'd say that the original Ben 10 is more similar to Marvel, which makes sense since that Man of Action were former Marvel comic book writers and artists. Really though, I would compare the original Ben 10 to Japanese anime. Either way, Ebomnitrix makes a really good point about the Ben 10 series and the AF/UA fanbase.

Exactly, and Ben 10 as a whole, between DC and Marvel, it would fit more with Marvel, because DC has too many alien characters to fit with Ben 10, though I love DC, Marvel doesn't shove many aliens down our backs aside from Guardians of the Galaxy. Although I prefer it being a japanese anime, cause if anime, the dark tone would make more sense, but with Ben 10, it wouldn't focus much on Gwevin and keep it as a side thing like its supposed to be, because UAF didn't make it totally about Ben, it was too focused around everything else. What made AF great imo, was Ben, his aliens, the Omnitrix, growing up, and that big mission where he had to build a team in order to stop the Highbreed. Even bringing characters back to stop the big bad, that was good. And the sales about those toys are right too.

And to be honest, I'm one of the people who actually liked Omniverse, I love the partner change, the aliens being more unique, the fact more of the aliens who don't get their share of love from the original series, appear in Omniverse. We actually got to explore the Anur system, and I was always curious of that. OV fixed some things and showed things I've always wanted to see. The only things I don't agree with are From Hedorium to Eternity, just because of how much it hurts the UAF timeline (Although it helps set up for Galactic Monsters), and Alan being in the Rooters arc, I'm glad he was in the episodes, but I don't think he had to be in this particular spot. Thus side, Omniverse to me is better than Ultimate Alien. Because after Aggregor, things really died down and Ben got aliens less and less, and didn't even explain his unlockings like, OH HERE'S THS ALIEN, WE'RE NOT GOING TO SHOW HOW IT HAPPENED, JUST HERE IT IS!

As I've been saying:
If we don't support this Reboot, and if this doesn't bring in a new fanbase, then Ben 10 is going to die until we get a show like 20 years from now, if we're lucky. That's why I'm defending it, and I don't wanna see my favorite show die, just because people trashed Omniverse for having a stylistic makeover, and because the fans want it to be for its older audience as they get old, rather than supporting for its younger audience. This isn't Dragon Ball, in fact that's why Ash in Pokemon has probably never aged, to keep the show the same as it is, and that's why it's doing so well outside America, because if he has aged in XY, he's probably 11 by now due to the humanoid design change.

185The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 26th April 2016, 12:17 am

Tactical Ochoa


Plumber
Plumber
That is a good point in AF but one of the major flaws of AF, at least in my opinion, is the way that Ben, Gwen, and Kevin decided to handle, combat, and even kill the DNAliens and yeah, I especially me kill. A lot of DNAliens died due to Ben, Gwen, and Kevin's actions. Why is this such a problem? Because the series established that the DNAliens were actually innocent human beings that were under the control of parasitic aliens. That's why. Even after the main trio found out what the DNAliens really are, they still various lethal methods of combating the DNAlien. Blowing up ships, boats, and facilities with DNAliens still inside them. Gwen sends a group of DNAliens to attack Darkstar and be aware of what Darkstar's powers do to the DNAliens (they even recruit this villain to help them in the final battle against the Highbreed, even though the trio is very well aware of how dangerous and lethal Darkstar's powers are to the DNAliens). Hell, Max Tennyson even sent an entire facility filled with DNAliens to the Null Void. There were alternative means of handling the DNAliens in a non-lethal and more effective way such as the Omnitrix somehow having the ability to be able to turn a DNAlien back into a human. There's also Cooper Daniels, who during the final battle had one good look at Ben using that DNA repair function on the Omnitrix and then immediately afterwards was able to take his mech suit and make numerous DNA guns in mere seconds. Ben couldn't ask Cooper after saving him to make those DNA guns? It's not like Cooper didn't have the time and materials he needs to make them before the final battle against the Highbreed and every other battle against the DNAliens after Cooper was saved. I agree with your point about AF but in execution, McDuffie and Murikami portrayed these characters as pretty terrible heroes. At least in the Original Series whenever Ben had to face innocent people under the control of something or someone (Sublimino, for example) he doesn't just outright attack them in a more dangerous and lethal manner but instead goes for a more non-lethal approach. They did what Zack Snyder did with Man of Steel. Well at least Bellwood wasn't largely destroyed. Oh wait, the cgi movie Destroy All Aliens had Ben as Way Big destroy a large chunk of Bellwood while battling another Way Big, even though I believe that Gwen told Ben to take the fight outside of the city.

I understand what you mean with the Ben 10 reboot. Yeah I don't want to see this series die out but I don't want another crappy Ben 10 show and so do many others and if the Ben 10 reboot turns out to be crap, then no, I'm not going to support it and neither will many, if not most, other fans and viewers. It not in the matter that a show should have support or not. It's in the matter that we give CN a reason to make a great Ben 10 show, to make a great PPG show, to make a great Teen Titans show, etc. If this reboot does turn out to be terrible and many decide to support it just to prevent Ben 10 from dying off, all we'll be doing is encouraging CN to make more crappy shows. CN has screwed up so so many times in the past. They screwed up on three Ben 10 shows, they screwed up big time on the PPG reboot, they screwed up on Teen Titans, they have shut down some of their best shows because of their idiotic mindset with their toy lines, etc. As a result, they have lost just over 20 million viewers in the last 7 to 8 years. Over half of the support of the viewers are gone. There's that saying "if you don't learn from your past, you are doomed to repeat it." CN has most certainly not learned from their past since that they keep on repeating the same mistakes that they made. Again, I really do hope that the Ben 10 reboot does turn out to be good but history sings a different tune and me along with many other fans and viewers rather follow our instincts and expectations on the reboot. I really do hope that the Ben 10 reboot does turn out to be good but if it doesn't deliver as a good show, then the reboot does not deserve to have any support because it wouldn't have earned it. For me, I will give the Ben 10 reboot my support and respect when it earns it and the same goes for many other fans and viewers out there and the same should go for you (Ebomnitrix) and everyone else here. In my opinion, people shouldn't just give their support for the show and network; especially if that network hasn't been delivering in quality and expectations for a while. Instead make the Ben 10 reboot and CN earn people's support. Don't give them your support; make them earn it. That's just a suggestion though. You and anyone else here can do and think whatever they want. This is just a mindset that I follow and would recommend for others to follow. Once again, I want this reboot to be good. I want to support this reboot but knowing CN, I'm not giving them that support at the moment. I'll give the Ben 10 reboot a fair chance. If it turns out to be bad, then yeah, maybe Ben 10 should die off or at the very least take a break for a while if a proper and ideal solution to making the series great again doesn't surface up but if it does turn out to be good, then I will definitely give my support, respect, and recommendation for it. Only time will tell at the moment once more news and information about the Ben 10 reboot surfaces and once the reboot actually airs.

Edit: Speaking of solutions to making Ben 10 great again, I'm currently taking steps myself to ensure that Ben 10 stays afloat. I have an idea for a Ben 10 video game that I would really like to get made by PlatinumGames. If you know your history with PlatinumGames, then just imagine what they could do with a Ben 10 video game. Right now I just need to learn the Japanese language so that I can be ready to apply there and then present my Ben 10 video game idea to PlatinumGames and then thus hopefully get it green lit and made.

186The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 26th April 2016, 9:50 am

The Voice

The Voice
Plumber
Plumber
I keep thinking maybe I shouldn't come around here, due to the less than favorable atmosphere for OS/AF/UA fans like myself. I do agree with Tactical that CN needs to earn our trust back, but besides that I feel my kind isn't wanted here and it wouldn't be the first time.

187The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 26th April 2016, 11:32 am

The Omni Triforcer

The Omni Triforcer
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
The Voice wrote:I keep thinking maybe I shouldn't come around here, due to the less than favorable atmosphere for OS/AF/UA fans like myself. I do agree with Tactical that CN needs to earn our trust back, but besides that I feel my kind isn't wanted here and it wouldn't be the first time.
Dude we all love the original series and i personally love af/ua but i also love omniverse. Your are always welcome here and dont let anyone else tell you otherwise.


_________________
The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 FjqcrGX
The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 RXNBdvC
The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 K8qc3Wt

188The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 26th April 2016, 12:04 pm

The Voice

The Voice
Plumber
Plumber
The Omni Triforcer wrote:
The Voice wrote:I keep thinking maybe I shouldn't come around here, due to the less than favorable atmosphere for OS/AF/UA fans like myself. I do agree with Tactical that CN needs to earn our trust back, but besides that I feel my kind isn't wanted here and it wouldn't be the first time.
Dude we all love the original series and i personally love af/ua but i also love omniverse. Your are always welcome here and dont let anyone else tell you otherwise.

Thank you that makes me feel a little better, I liked Omniverse too as a comedy though.

189The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 26th April 2016, 12:21 pm

The Omni Triforcer

The Omni Triforcer
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
The Voice wrote:
The Omni Triforcer wrote:
The Voice wrote:I keep thinking maybe I shouldn't come around here, due to the less than favorable atmosphere for OS/AF/UA fans like myself. I do agree with Tactical that CN needs to earn our trust back, but besides that I feel my kind isn't wanted here and it wouldn't be the first time.
Dude we all love the original series and i personally love af/ua but i also love omniverse. Your are always welcome here and dont let anyone else tell you otherwise.

Thank you that makes me feel a little better, I liked Omniverse too as a comedy though.
I hated all the comedy parts



Last edited by The Omni Triforcer on 26th April 2016, 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total


_________________
The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 FjqcrGX
The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 RXNBdvC
The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 K8qc3Wt

190The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 26th April 2016, 1:53 pm

Tactical Ochoa


Plumber
Plumber
The Voice: Nobody said that you're not welcome here. I don't like AF, UA, and OV that much anymore but that doesn't mean that me or anyone else here is trying to make you or anyone else here be rejected. It's completely fine for you to stay on here. You and anyone else here is always welcome here to stay.

191The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 26th April 2016, 7:43 pm

Ebomnitrix

Ebomnitrix
Magister
Magister
The Voice wrote:
The Omni Triforcer wrote:
The Voice wrote:I keep thinking maybe I shouldn't come around here, due to the less than favorable atmosphere for OS/AF/UA fans like myself. I do agree with Tactical that CN needs to earn our trust back, but besides that I feel my kind isn't wanted here and it wouldn't be the first time.
Dude we all love the original series and i personally love af/ua but i also love omniverse. Your are always welcome here and dont let anyone else tell you otherwise.

Thank you that makes me feel a little better, I liked Omniverse too as a comedy though.

Yeah any fan of any Ben 10 is welcomed here, don't feel so down.
Just cause you don't like one series, doesn't mean we won't accept you, because we do. Smile

192The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 27th April 2016, 10:38 am

The Voice

The Voice
Plumber
Plumber
Well thanks guys, I am glad despite our arguments we aren't shunning each other. It's just when you treasure Ben 10 the way I do, it make can you be very defensive.

193The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 27th April 2016, 4:50 pm

The Omni Triforcer

The Omni Triforcer
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
The Voice wrote:Well thanks guys, I am glad despite our arguments we aren't shunning each other. It's just when you treasure Ben 10 the way I do, it make can you be very defensive.
Dude i love ben 10 and i treasure it very much but you cant change other peoples opinions no matter what you think.


_________________
The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 FjqcrGX
The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 RXNBdvC
The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 K8qc3Wt

194The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 27th April 2016, 7:30 pm

The Voice

The Voice
Plumber
Plumber
The Omni Triforcer wrote:
The Voice wrote:Well thanks guys, I am glad despite our arguments we aren't shunning each other. It's just when you treasure Ben 10 the way I do, it make can you be very defensive.
Dude i love ben 10 and i treasure it very much but you cant change other peoples opinions no matter what you think.

I wasn't trying to change anyone's opinions, I know that's impossible.

195The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 29th April 2016, 4:02 am

mace23


Plumber
Plumber
I agree ua felt different from alien force, it was hinted since the episode grounded in that humans wouldn't take aliens seriously in the way we except them too. Actually Dwayne and Glen were gonna jump straight to ultimate alien after highbreed invasion, looking back it tried to be a cartoony whimsical superhero show like Kim Possible or Danny Phantom but I think they made too many episodes like simian says that retread the past rather then more episodes like computer games, the big story, hero time

Anyway onto the reboot, I feel a new voice cast would be a good thing , I am wondering if this crew cares about the old continuity or they'll just play by the os rulebook have it be magic and aliens like before


_________________
Alien Force season 3 was good!
Anodites Rule !!!!
Favorite movies Scooby Doo on Zombie Island, Iron Giant

196The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 29th April 2016, 4:39 am

Tactical Ochoa


Plumber
Plumber
UA itself felt unnecessary and unfitting to me. In fact, everything after season 2 of AF felt unnecessary and unfitting to me almost like it was the wrong direction to take for the Ben 10 series. It feels as if after season 2 of AF is when the series was supposed to focus on Ben becoming Ben 10,000 or maybe during the conflict with the Highbreed. What we got from season 3 of AF onwards just didn't seem right.

I wouldn't mind about having a new voice cast really and I would agree that it can be a good thing if the new voice cast is at least good or great. Having a new voice cast would be a good thing if they are suitable and qualified enough to voice and portray these characters. Not because they're fresh and new. Even then, why bring in new voice actors to portray these roles when it's just better to keep the original voice actors. That it's just better to keep Tara Strong as Ben, Paul Eiding as Max, and even bring back Meagan Smith as Gwen considering that these voice actors have very much proved to be the best choices as voices for the main characters. Tara Strong is indeed the best option for Ben because even if she didn't voice him in the past, Strong has history of doing a great job voicing young child characters. Paul Eiding is indeed the best option for Max because Max is the type of character that keeps secrets even from people that are very important to him and Eiding has voiced that type of character before in the form of Roy Campbell from the Metal Gear Solid series. Having a new cast can be a good thing if they are a good choice of voice actors but it's just better to keep the old cast who still prove themselves to still be the best choices for voicing these characters.

I would understand if the old cast are pretty expensive to hire but CN didn't even ask Paul Eiding if he wanted to voice Max and CN didn't even ask Tara Strong if she wanted to voice Bubbles, something that Tara Strong really wanted to do for the PPG reboot and CN brought back every other original voice actor except that of the main girls themselves. Also, at least in my opinion, that excuse doesn't hold that much merit since that CN could've worked around that through some negotiating and making agreements if the old voice cast do offer a little too much for their roles. I would definitely understand if the original voice actors aren't available to voice these characters but again, CN didn't even ask some of their original cast to come back and voice these characters and again, Tara Strong and the other two original voice actresses for Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup really do want to voice the main girls for the PPG reboot. In regards to the quality of the show, it doesn't matter that much that CN wants to bring in a fresh new set of voice actors if these very voice actors are not suitable and qualified enough to portray these well established and recognized characters.

In my opinion, it's better for the Ben 10 reboot to bring back the original voice actors for Ben, Gwen, Max, Vilgax, Hex and Charmcaster, everyone. Or at the very least try, just at least try, to bring every original voice actor back. If CN needs to find new voice actors because some of the original cast can't come back, that's very much fine. If CN just wants to bring in new voice actors to "freshen" things up, that's also fine but have them voice NEW characters. That's at least how I would do things with the voicing department for shows and well established series and franchises.

197The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 29th April 2016, 2:20 pm

mace23


Plumber
Plumber
If CN didn't want tara strong
reprising bubbles, I don't see her voicing Ben plus Paul Edining even confirmed he didn't get an email

I'll be honest I actually like the look of the reboot, it looks like a Lego production in a good way, there trying to get kids back into the show and this new look is way more well thought out not too edgy


_________________
Alien Force season 3 was good!
Anodites Rule !!!!
Favorite movies Scooby Doo on Zombie Island, Iron Giant

198The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 5th May 2016, 2:47 am

The Omni Triforcer

The Omni Triforcer
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Well we are now roughly 5 months away from the international (except for the U.S) premiere of the Ben 10 Reboot. I expect to be hearing at least some news about it fairly soon. I at least want to hear a release date or see a small promo. Just give us SOMETHING Soon and i for one would be truly grateful.


_________________
The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 FjqcrGX
The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 RXNBdvC
The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 K8qc3Wt

199The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 6th May 2016, 7:35 am

The Voice

The Voice
Plumber
Plumber
The Omni Triforcer wrote:Well we are now roughly 5 months away from the international (except for the U.S) premiere of the Ben 10 Reboot. I expect to be hearing at least some news about it fairly soon. I at least want to hear a release date or see a small promo. Just give us SOMETHING Soon and i for one would be truly grateful.

Omni what would you do if the reboot fails? Remember Ben 10 for what it was or try and take action?

200The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 6th May 2016, 10:37 am

The Omni Triforcer

The Omni Triforcer
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Dude i was just talking about getting info on the show why do you have to turn every discussion into a ben 10 reboot is gonna fail pity party. If the reboot fails theres nothing i can do about it.


_________________
The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 FjqcrGX
The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 RXNBdvC
The Ben 10 Reboot - Page 8 K8qc3Wt

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum