Ben 10 Forums

In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Attempt to archive Dwayne's Q&A answers

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Lissy65

I'd like to take now to apologise for my extreme leaving of this to the last minute (IRL stuff such as exams made forget, then social anxiety made me 'forget' to check to see if Eugene had responded to me asking for permission for this).

Anyway, I'm trying to make an archive of all of Dwayne McDuffie's responses on the various Q&A threads, but I won't have time for when that forum goes down (posting here because most of them are Ben 10 related).

I've got a direct archive of pages 1-100 of the first thread], and I will be able to screenshot using FreezePage until about page 300 by the time my space runs out, possibly the entire thread if I stick to text only. I might also be able to use Google's cache. However, I might still need your help for the other threads.

I've left the document where I'm storing links to the screen shots open to editing, and I won't be able to update it much until the last 8 hours of the forum (school), so feel free to help out!(

*if you want you can create your own doc for the other threads, feel free to.

(sorry if this seems like I'm offloading this onto you guys and/or if this is in the wrong place, I just figured it's best to have some way of keeping everything Dwayne said up)

I'd link you, but it appears that new members can't post links, which makes sense from an anti-spam POV, but is kinda annoying Razz.

(my Google account is LissyNumber, and I have gmail, so if anyone wants to contact me, that's my best suggestion, I've also set the screenshot one so that you don't need the link to access it, you can Google it (it's called "Alien Force Q&A page by page"))

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Welcome to the site, Lissy65! Very Happy

Anyway, this is a great idea. I'll be glad to help out.

Lissy65

Good news, I've managed to get through the first 300 pages, and I've still got around 25% space left on Freeze page (so I should get up to at least page 350 before having to return to the copy paste, meaning that with a bit of luck I might get to get at least the first thread done). Unfortunately, it's unlikely I'll get to do the others. I'll do as much as I can though...
EDIT: 400, with 14% left. I'll want to save 5% for personal use later, but that's still roughly 15 or so pages freezeable (and I won't be doing every page; I've taken to copying and pasting ones where there's only a couple of answers and I skip the ones without answers).

As an aside, I swear the attack of the Bwen shippers was far shorter than I remembered... (I was a mega lurker Razz) or maybe I'm getting it confused with the stuff in Hamsterdam.

EDIT 2. Okay, page 476, and I have about 3 hours left. Definitely will complete the first thread (even with going back to C+P (skipping 'wait and see')), though still no promises about the others.

EDIT 3: I've completed the first thread! (not got it into the nice format, and it will never be completely chronological with how I've done it, but still!) Now to try to do what I can in the next 2 hours (I forgot that time is based on 12s, hence earlier comment about having '3 hours').

Last edited by Lissy65 on 31st May 2012, 4:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Lissy65 wrote:Good news, I've managed to get through the first 300 pages, and I've still got around 25% space left on Freeze page (so I should get up to at least page 350 before having to return to the copy paste, meaning that with a bit of luck I might get to get at least the first thread done). Unfortunately, it's unlikely I'll get to do the others. I'll do as much as I can though...
EDIT: 400, with 14% left. I'll want to save 5% for personal use later, but that's still roughly 15 or so pages freezeable (and I won't be doing every page; I've taken to copying and pasting ones where there's only a couple of answers and I skip the ones without answers).

As an aside, I swear the attack of the Bwen shippers was far shorter than I remembered... (I was a mega lurker Razz) or maybe I'm getting it confused with the stuff in Hamsterdam.
A bit off-topic but what stuff in Hamsterdam?

Lissy65

A bit off-topic but what stuff in Hamsterdam?
Er, there was this thread called something like "What's wrong with Bwen", it devolved into this massive shipping war, which actually spread onto one or two other sites (mainly the ff.net Bwen community, obvious reasons). It was well over two years ago (October 2009; for some reason I swear one post linked to NaNoWriMo, I took part, and then wrote something that made Twilight look good).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]