You are not connected. Please login or register

Movie Discussion #2: The Amazing Spider-Man

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

So...I'd thought I would make another movie discussion, about The Amazing Spider-Man. I just finished watching it and it really was amazing!

Be careful of spoilers, by the way.

Last edited by Zero Degrees on 15th July 2012, 7:15 am; edited 3 times in total

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

The Amazing Spider-Man was better than the first Spider-Man movie and is second only to Spider-Man 2, in my opinion. Although I enjoyed Avengers a bit more, I'd say Amazing Spider-Man tops it in quality. It's a great movie overall.

CBobb1234

CBobb1234
Plumber
Plumber

Did peter ever get the guy that killed his uncle?

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

CBobb1234 wrote:Did peter ever get the guy that killed his uncle?
No, I'm pretty sure he didn't. I was confused too but maybe they'll continue it in the sequels...Peter still had a "Wanted" picture of the guy.

jashro

jashro
Human
Human

No he didn't get the killer he is still looking. Who do you guys think was the guy at the after credits scene.

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

jashro wrote:No he didn't get the killer he is still looking. Who do you guys think was the guy at the after credits scene.

I have a couple of theories on the guy at the end...

Norman Osborn - He's an obvious choice. There's been a lot of talk about him in the movie so if he's up to something behind the scenes, I wouldn't be surprised. It's possible he might be involved in the whole Oscorp conspiracy with Peter's father. Also, I'm pretty sure they will introduce Goblin some time in the future sequels.
Spoiler:

Mysterio - They're going for villains that are less popular (to the general audience) so maybe they'll introduce a new spin on Mysterio. The only reason I thought of him, though, was because he seemed to randomly pop in and disappear without any guards noticing.

A completely new guy - Yeah, it's possible he won't even be a main villain, but an important character nonetheless. It is possible if it were a new guy they made just to serve a plot point in the sequel without really being the big bad or a major character.

Who do you think is the "Man in the Shadows"?

Last edited by Zero Degrees on 16th July 2012, 3:22 am; edited 4 times in total

CBobb1234

CBobb1234
Plumber
Plumber

Spoiler:

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

CBobb1234 wrote:
Spoiler:
Careful, spoilers.

And we never got specific details about Osborn so it's still a possibility. As of now, it could be anyone. I'm hoping it's a Spidey villain.

Last edited by Zero Degrees on 16th July 2012, 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total

jashro

jashro
Human
Human

CBobb1234 wrote:
Spoiler:
I doubt it will be a new guy. Spider-man has a lot of villains that haven't been used yet.
Zero Degrees wrote:
jashro wrote:No he didn't get the killer he is still looking. Who do you guys think was the guy at the after credits scene.

I have a couple of theories on the guy at the end...

Norman Osborn - He's an obvious choice. There's been a lot of talk about him in the movie so if he's up to something behind the scenes, I wouldn't be surprised. It's possible he might be involved in the whole Oscorp conspiracy with Peter's father. Also, I'm pretty sure they will introduce Goblin some time in the future sequels.
Spoiler:

Mysterio - They're going for villains that are less popular (to the general audience) so maybe they'll introduce a new spin on Mysterio. The only reason I thought of him, though, was because he seemed to randomly pop in and disappear without any guards noticing.

A completely new guy - Yeah, it's possible he won't even be a main villain, but an important character nonetheless. It is possible if it were a new guy they made just to serve a plot point in the sequel without really being the big bad or a major character.

Who do you think is the "Man in the Shadows"?

I think they should save osborn for the 3rd movie personally. Just because of the whole bridge thing (you know what I'm talking about) would make a pretty cool climax imo...I say they should end the trilogy with osborn.

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

jashro wrote:
I think they should save osborn for the 3rd movie personally. Just because of the whole bridge thing (you know what I'm talking about) would make a pretty cool climax imo...I say they should end the trilogy with osborn.
I also think they should use Goblin for the 3rd installment but they should introduce Osborn in the 2nd so they can further develop him. We know Oscorp's involved a lot in the movies so it would make sense if he's somewhat involved over the course of the movies.

You're right. The bridge thing would make a good climax. I just hope they have the guts to do that though because maybe some of the audience who aren't familiar with the comics will be turned off. I also want to see MJ.

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Spoiler:

Last edited by Zero Degrees on 16th July 2012, 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Bump
jashro wrote:
I also think they should use Goblin for the 3rd installment but they should introduce Osborn in the 2nd so they can further develop him. We know Oscorp's involved a lot in the movies so it would make sense if he's somewhat involved over the course of the movies.

You're right. The bridge thing would make a good climax. I just hope they have the guts to do that though because maybe some of the audience who aren't familiar with the comics will be turned off. I also want to see MJ.

EDIT: It's been confirmed that guy at the end was not Osborn but is working with him. Still doesn't rule out an appearance in the sequel though.

CBobb1234

CBobb1234
Plumber
Plumber

Zero Degrees wrote:
CBobb1234 wrote:
Spoiler:
Careful, spoilers.

And we never got specific details about Osborn so it's still a possibility. As of now, it could be anyone. I'm hoping it's a Spidey villain.
Soz about the spoiler I keep on forgetting some people haven't seen the movie yet. Embarassed

14Movie Discussion #2: The Amazing Spider-Man Empty Re: Movie Discussion #2: The Amazing Spider-Man 7th September 2012, 12:59 pm

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

I just wanna say one thing about this movie: Andrew Garfield's performance is Peter is severely underrated and so damn accurate. Nailed the "shy" aspect in every way. I just got into a new school and I'm extremely shy and I was EXACTLY like he was. Looking away a lot, rarely making eye contact, speaking softly with awkward, often-unfinished sentences that consist of 90% filler words, sometimes not answering questions, the constant and sometimes random smiling, making some noises or coughs and doing a lot of nervous movements during conversations.

Once I realized that, I respect his performance and the actor a whole lot more. I mean, the only difference between me and Garfield's Peter Parker is that he gets the girl Laughing .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum