First-Psykon
PrimordialBorscht
mace23
Zero Degrees
CBobb1234
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Favourite series so far? Empty Favourite series so far? 21st July 2012, 8:24 am

CBobb1234

CBobb1234
Plumber
Plumber

What's been your favourite Ben 10 series so far? And if so why and what could of been better?

2Favourite series so far? Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 21st July 2012, 8:38 am

CBobb1234

CBobb1234
Plumber
Plumber

My favourite series has been AF because the whole plot and story was really exciting. With Grandpa Max mysteriously disappearing and Kevin becoming a good guy. At first I wasn't sure about Ben getting a whole new set of aliens but they really started to grow on me (more than the UA aliens). The things that could of been improved was season 3 and more alien appearances, sometimes in an episode Ben only turns into 2 or 3 aliens. Other than that, it was a great series.

3Favourite series so far? Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 21st July 2012, 9:42 am

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

My favorite series and the only one I think is great (the others were very good though) is AF. AF was great because it had a really good story arc and every episode had top-notch writing (with some exceptions). AF also had a lot of good humor and comedy (which OS sorely lacked).

One of the best things was the characterization and character development, which were handled well, like Ben's maturity and Kevin trying to be good. There were a lot of great characters and interactions between them.

I also really like the series' dark tone and mature feel, which deteriorated by Season 3.

I have to admit, when I first saw AF, I was pretty much bored but it grew on me and as I got older, I realized how great it was (and how fun but bad OS was).

4Favourite series so far? Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 21st July 2012, 6:54 pm

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

Alien Force, I loved the first season it brought in some many great elements and characters minus the Alien X episode which was pretty weak in imo, it was a brilliant revamp as I found OS as Zero Degrees said fun but bad.

I'm probably in the minority that likes AF season 3, the first episodes were surprisingly fun too watch and overall I don't think it was a disaster, it actually experimented and I loved the multiple standalones so I wouldn't generalize the whole season and I loved how Kevin and Gwen developed.

Ultimate Alien is a series I'm mixed about, it had good subtle character development and the fame angle was pretty funny at times. I liked the Aggregor storyline for Kevin's character arc even if the chase for aliens and map of infinity arcs had predictable endings as too if they'd get the too stop Aggregor(which they wouldn't). http://dwaynemcduffie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3516&sid=130087e38fdb842c34550be75ce7c58a

UA season 2 I quite enjoyed, the Forever Knights storyline, we were getting a storyline as dark and on level of the Highbreed storyline along with some funny episodes like Girl Trouble, Moonstruck and Ultimate Sacrifice that furthered the series mythology and then... the Daigon storyline happened, it was alright I loved the HP Lovecraft inspired visuals but I found it not go in the direction I wanted and the fact it felt like they were killing characters at the end because they knew this incarnation of the show was over.

5Favourite series so far? Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 21st July 2012, 7:59 pm

PrimordialBorscht

PrimordialBorscht
Plumber
Plumber

I can't decide: either AF or UA.
I really loved all the episodes of the first two AF seasons (even the Alien X one! lol!) and I was really into season 3 because of all the classic "Asimov-y" type stories ("Busy Box" is my favorite for that season). I actually liked "Fool's Gold" and other episodes from that season that a lot of other people hated. I don't really know why. "Con of Rath" still stands as the funniest episode ever, of any of the three series.

Ultimate Alien was really obscure Sci Fi. It dealt with a lot of stuff that would seem really weird in almost any other franchise. A dimension of magic, a giant deadly cube in space, a power-crazed Osmosian trying to absorb a baby god. It worked. Somehow, all these ideas that didn't seem to work together managed to fit into an awesome storyline. Season 2 was epic too. I loved that the Forever Knights were developed and the threat of an extra-dimensional horror beyond comprehension. "Solitary Alignment" is my all-time favourite episode. Ever.

So, yeah. I can't decide between those two series. I can't remember the OS clearly enough to be able to judge it, but from what I can remember I don't think I like it.

6Favourite series so far? Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 21st July 2012, 8:16 pm

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

PrimordialBorscht wrote:I can't decide: either AF or UA.
I really loved all the episodes of the first two AF seasons (even the Alien X one! lol!) and I was really into season 3 because of all the classic "Asimov-y" type stories ("Busy Box" is my favorite for that season). I actually liked "Fool's Gold" and other episodes from that season that a lot of other people hated. I don't really know why. "Con of Rath" still stands as the funniest episode ever, of any of the three series.

Ya got me there with the Alien X episode!, it had good moments, I just don't care much for the incursions.

First time I heard Busy Box being a favorite Shocked , It was a really good episode a bit underrated

7Favourite series so far? Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 22nd July 2012, 5:01 am

First-Psykon

First-Psykon
Plumber
Plumber

mace23 wrote:
PrimordialBorscht wrote:I can't decide: either AF or UA.

Ya got me there with the Alien X episode!, it had good moments, I just don't care much for the incursions.

First time I heard Busy Box being a favorite Shocked , It was a really good episode a bit underrated
'Busy Box' was quite a favorite episode of mine, too, particularly the brief appearance of the mother Naljian. I'd choose AF more over UA (I think I see what some people hate on season 3 but the comedic parts do appeal to me); but of course UA had some good stuff too (Ben 10,000 Returns, Solitary Alignment, The Beginning of The End, etc.).

Who has OS as their most favorite series?

8Favourite series so far? Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 22nd July 2012, 11:34 am

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

My favorite series is Alien Force. It had everything: good humour (thanks to the brilliant Kevin) and I mean GOOD humour, I actually lol'ed at most of the jokes unlike UA which were mostly cocky and annoying humour. Drama, awesome action (even if OS beats it at that) and the overall writing and plot was complex, realistic and dark. I enjoyed watching the characters grow up: Gwen getting used to being an Anodite, Kevin trying to become a good guy, Ben learning to be a leader and a true plumber while his beloved grampa Max was apparently death. The villains were one of the best of the series as well: The Highbreed. It was a secret alien invasion that even the plumbers didn't know about. Season 3 disappointed me but I already spent a lot of time complaining about it on the old forum so I'll leave it at this: season 3 never existed for me. (except a few episode)
UA was good, the plot was handled in a more anime-ish way which I loved, one of the things that pissed me off about AF was that one episode seemed to have nothing to do with the previous. I like the way Young Justice handle the situation, they always referenced the previous episode while still having some sort of independence so that you don't have to watch them in order. (that was one of the goals of AF)
About OS...great animation, great designs, great action, some great villains...it was lots of fun but I think it would be a bit hard to watch at my age. When I was little it was the best thing ever, I'll respect it for that.

Omniverse, bring it on!

Last edited by Sebastian13 on 9th February 2016, 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total

9Favourite series so far? Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 22nd July 2012, 11:47 am

CBobb1234

CBobb1234
Plumber
Plumber

I just watched "camp fear" the other day and I just realised how much Gwen and Ben use to constantly argue over stupid things and use the word doofus and dweeb in like every sentence.

10Favourite series so far? Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 22nd July 2012, 12:35 pm

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Sebastian13 wrote:My favorite series is Alien Force.It had everything:good humor (thanks to the brilliant Kevin) and I mean GOOD humor,I actually lol'ed at most of the jokes unlike UA which were mostly cocky and annoying humor,drama,awesome action (even if OS beats it at that) and the overall writing and plot was complex,realistic and dark.I enjoy watching the characters grow up:Gwen getting used to being an anodite,Kevin trying to become a good guy,Ben learning to be a leader and a true plumber while his beloved grampa Max was apparently death.The villains were one of the best of the series as well:The Highbreed.It was a secret alien invasion that even the plumbers didn't know about.It ruled.Season 3 disappointed me but I already spent a lot of time complaining about it on the old forum so I'll leave it at this:season 3 never existed for me. (except a few episode)
UA was good,the plot was handled in a more anime-ish way which I loved,one of the things that pissed me off about AF was that one episode seemed to have nothing to do with the previous.I like the way Young Justice handle the situation,they ALWAYS referenced the previous episode while still having some sort of independence so that you don't have to watch them in order. (that was one of the goals of AF)
About OS...great animation,great designs,great action,some great villains...it was lots of fun but I think it would be a bit hard to watch at my age.When I was little it was the best thing ever,I'll respect it for that.

Omniverse,bring it on!
I agree with most of what you said and I feel exactly the same.

(Except I liked Season 3 even if it was a downgrade. It still advanced a lot of things and introduced cool ideas while handling it nicely. I guess my main gripe was it changed the tone of the show so much and in a bad way but overall, it's not bad. I liked it way more than OS and almost as much as I liked UA.)

11Favourite series so far? Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 22nd July 2012, 12:38 pm

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

CBobb1234 wrote:I just watched "camp fear" the other day and I just realised how much Gwen and Ben use to constantly argue over stupid things and use the word doofus and dweeb in like every sentence.
Whoah, you've just noticed that? I always thought it was common knowledge Laughing .

When I was younger and loved it (not I'm older and like it), I noticed how annoying they were (even when I was no different). "Doofus" and "dweeb" were overused so much, they pretty much ruined those words for me, and those were pretty stupid words to begin with.

12Favourite series so far? Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 22nd July 2012, 12:39 pm

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Bump

Sebastian13 wrote:My favorite series is Alien Force.It had everything:good humor (thanks to the brilliant Kevin) and I mean GOOD humor,I actually lol'ed at most of the jokes unlike UA which were mostly cocky and annoying humor,drama,awesome action (even if OS beats it at that) and the overall writing and plot was complex,realistic and dark.I enjoy watching the characters grow up:Gwen getting used to being an anodite,Kevin trying to become a good guy,Ben learning to be a leader and a true plumber while his beloved grampa Max was apparently death.The villains were one of the best of the series as well:The Highbreed.It was a secret alien invasion that even the plumbers didn't know about.It ruled.Season 3 disappointed me but I already spent a lot of time complaining about it on the old forum so I'll leave it at this:season 3 never existed for me. (except a few episode)
UA was good,the plot was handled in a more anime-ish way which I loved,one of the things that pissed me off about AF was that one episode seemed to have nothing to do with the previous.I like the way Young Justice handle the situation,they ALWAYS referenced the previous episode while still having some sort of independence so that you don't have to watch them in order. (that was one of the goals of AF)
About OS...great animation,great designs,great action,some great villains...it was lots of fun but I think it would be a bit hard to watch at my age.When I was little it was the best thing ever,I'll respect it for that.

Omniverse,bring it on!
I agree with most of what you said and I feel exactly the same.

(Except I liked Season 3 even if it was a downgrade. It still advanced a lot of things and introduced cool ideas while handling it nicely. I guess my main gripe was it changed the tone of the show so much and in a bad way but overall, it's not bad. I liked it way more than OS and almost as much as I liked UA.)

13Favourite series so far? Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 23rd July 2012, 9:03 am

CBobb1234

CBobb1234
Plumber
Plumber

Zero Degrees wrote:
CBobb1234 wrote:I just watched "camp fear" the other day and I just realised how much Gwen and Ben use to constantly argue over stupid things and use the word doofus and dweeb in like every sentence.
Whoah, you've just noticed that? I always thought it was common knowledge Laughing .

When I was younger and loved it (not I'm older and like it), I noticed how annoying they were (even when I was no different). "Doofus" and "dweeb" were overused so much, they pretty much ruined those words for me, and those were pretty stupid words to begin with.
. I haven't watched OS in ages, so I forget. I always noticed they did this, but for some reason it's only started to bother me now.

14Favourite series so far? Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 23rd July 2012, 11:06 am

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

CBobb1234 wrote:
Zero Degrees wrote:

. I haven't watched OS in ages, so I forget. I always noticed they did this, but for some reason it's only started to bother me now.
Happened to me last year.I tried watching OS,it was awesome in many ways...but the constant arguing made it unbearable.In contrast,AF aged very well.We'll see about UA.

15Favourite series so far? Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 11th August 2012, 3:35 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Tsuchimikado Motoharu
Magister
Magister

Omniverse wins by virtue of being the absolute best as far as the art goes. There are a few questionable choices and wasted opportunities, but everything about it is still great. Even if it was poorly written (Which it is not) I'd probably still watch it just for the art.

Then the OS>AF>UA.

16Favourite series so far? Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 11th August 2012, 7:11 am

Helices

Helices
Human
Human

Alien Force. It is the bottomline for me.

17Favourite series so far? Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 11th August 2012, 10:45 am

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

Fireal wrote:Alien Force. It is the bottomline for me.
Seconded.Season 1 and 2 were masterpieces.
Just curious,have you watched the first OV episode?

18Favourite series so far? Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 11th August 2012, 11:12 am

Helices

Helices
Human
Human

Sebastian13 wrote:
Fireal wrote:Alien Force. It is the bottomline for me.
Seconded.Season 1 and 2 were masterpieces.
Just curious,have you watched the first OV episode?

Not yet. I doubt I'm going to like it.

19Favourite series so far? Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 12th August 2012, 4:29 am

First-Psykon

First-Psykon
Plumber
Plumber

Lodestar's Advocate wrote:Omniverse wins by virtue of being the absolute best as far as the art goes. There are a few questionable choices and wasted opportunities, but everything about it is still great. Even if it was poorly written (Which it is not) I'd probably still watch it just for the art.

Then the OS>AF>UA.
You certainly like Derrick Wyatt, don't you.

20Favourite series so far? Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 12th August 2012, 3:13 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Tsuchimikado Motoharu
Magister
Magister

First-Psykon wrote:
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:Omniverse wins by virtue of being the absolute best as far as the art goes. There are a few questionable choices and wasted opportunities, but everything about it is still great. Even if it was poorly written (Which it is not) I'd probably still watch it just for the art.

Then the OS>AF>UA.
You certainly like Derrick Wyatt, don't you.

Yah. Or at least his art. It's not like I love everything about it, but as a whole the series translates amazingly to the style--and the art is not the only thing I like. I like how we're being shown more alien civilians and villains. I love the idea of the Nemetrix. I love that after four years we're finally going to get Grey Matter, Eye Guy, Ditto and the Benmonsters back. I love the new aliens. I like the idea of Undertown. And Rook is awesome.

So...yeah! I like Omniverse.

21Favourite series so far? Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 13th August 2012, 6:32 pm

FutureFighter

Human
Human

The Original Series. It was the only one that knew exactly what it was and had fun with it.

Alien Force was good too, particularly in it's first two seasons. The third was a step-down, but watchable.

Ultimate Alien was mostly utter crap. What was Dwayne smoking when he worked on this one?

22Favourite series so far? Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 13th August 2012, 6:42 pm

PrimordialBorscht

PrimordialBorscht
Plumber
Plumber

FutureFighter wrote:The Original Series. It was the only one that knew exactly what it was and had fun with it.

Alien Force was good too, particularly in it's first two seasons. The third was a step-down, but watchable.

Ultimate Alien was mostly utter crap. What was Dwayne smoking when he worked on this one?

I think that's a little unnecessary. Not your opinion on UA, but the comment on Dwayne. This is an unofficial forum dedicated to his memory, I don't think you should bash him like that.

23Favourite series so far? Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 13th August 2012, 7:35 pm

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

FutureFighter wrote:The Original Series. It was the only one that knew exactly what it was and had fun with it.

Dude, feel free to say anything you want, but have a little respect, otherwise, I'll ban you.
In any case, welcome to the forum and calm down. Wink

24Favourite series so far? Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 13th August 2012, 10:03 pm

FutureFighter

Human
Human

My apologies, I wasn't meaning to "bash" Dwayne when I made that comment. I really respect him and most of his work (like the first two seasons of Alien Force, Static Shock, the All-Star Superman DTV, etc.) I just wish he hadn't done...whatever it is he did to make UA such a drop in quality from OS and AF.

25Favourite series so far? Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 14th August 2012, 5:50 am

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

FutureFighter wrote:My apologies, I wasn't meaning to "bash" Dwayne when I made that comment. I really respect him and most of his work (like the first two seasons of Alien Force, Static Shock, the All-Star Superman DTV, etc.) I just wish he hadn't done...whatever it is he did to make UA such a drop in quality from OS and AF.
I wouldn't blame him entirely for the drop in quality. Shows are a team effort.

And welcome to the forum, by the way. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum