Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

This is for books and stuff like that.

2Reader's Thread Empty Re: Reader's Thread 8th May 2012, 10:27 am

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

I'm not much of a reader, of novels at least. I don't even remember reading any novels at all, other than a few Star Trek books. I usually read other types of books (not novels).

3Reader's Thread Empty Re: Reader's Thread 8th May 2012, 10:39 am

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

On the other hand, I do read comics. I occasionally go to Kinokuniya and read as much graphic novels as I want (and for free too). I also pick out whatever interesting comics they have on the Marvel, DC and Comixology apps.

4Reader's Thread Empty Re: Reader's Thread 8th May 2012, 11:54 am

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

I do read novels from time to time (mostly for school) but I'm not that big of a reader.
I mean...I LOVE reading but not books.Books are for me just over-detailed bad and archaic fiction.You don't really learn anything from them.
There are truly exciting ones out there that keep you on your toes page by page,that's true but it's also the exception not the rule.

5Reader's Thread Empty Re: Reader's Thread 8th May 2012, 12:31 pm

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Sebastian13 wrote:I do read novels from time to time (mostly for school) but I'm not that big of a reader.
I mean...I LOVE reading but not books.
I love reading too but just different kinds of books (not novels or stories) and online stuff.
Sebastian13 wrote:Books are for me just over-detailed bad and archaic fiction.You don't really learn anything from them.
I disagree. I like books and novels. They're no different than the stories we write.
Sebastian13 wrote:There are truly exciting ones out there that keep you on your toes page by page,that's true but it's also the exception not the rule.
I sorta agree with that. There are hundreds of great books and exceptions but I guess they're just not consistently good, only sometimes.

6Reader's Thread Empty Re: Reader's Thread 8th May 2012, 12:47 pm

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

Zero Degrees wrote:I disagree. I like books and novels. They're no different than the stories we write.
I probably generalized too much.I said that because we were forced to read a really boring novel at school and I was mad. Laughing
80% of the books I read are outside the school during a vacation or during the weekend.
Sometimes there's a book I know I would enjoy that they give us for school.I read the summary online.Give the impression I have read it and get good grades.When school's over I sit down and enjoy the shit out of it.

In short...school ruins reading for me.

7Reader's Thread Empty Re: Reader's Thread 8th May 2012, 12:59 pm

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Sebastian13 wrote:
Zero Degrees wrote:I disagree. I like books and novels. They're no different than the stories we write.
I probably generalized too much.I said that because we were forced to read a really boring novel at school and I was mad. Laughing
80% of the books I read are outside the school during a vacation or during the weekend.
Sometimes there's a book I know I would enjoy that they give us for school.I read the summary online.Give the impression I have read it and get good grades.When school's over I sit down and enjoy the shit out of it.

In short...school ruins reading for me.
I know that feeling. They need to improve their taste in books and then maybe there would be progress Laughing .

8Reader's Thread Empty Re: Reader's Thread 8th May 2012, 1:19 pm

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

I think I know what's the problem.They give us books that are historically important,not always good ones.
That's like if kids would be forced 100 years later to listen JB (don't even say hiz name around me) just because he was "important".

9Reader's Thread Empty Re: Reader's Thread 8th May 2012, 7:00 pm

BigChillfan10

BigChillfan10
Plumber
Plumber

Sebastian13 wrote:I think I know what's the problem.They give us books that are historically important,not always good ones.
That's like if kids would be forced 100 years later to listen JB (don't even say hiz name around me) just because he was "important".

I hate JB, but I love to read books that have excitement. For example, the Narnia series.

10Reader's Thread Empty Re: Reader's Thread 9th May 2012, 3:38 am

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Sebastian13 wrote:I think I know what's the problem.They give us books that are historically important,not always good ones.
I'm fine that they're historically important, I just wish they were good or interesting.

I hope that will never happen. Hopefully, these new artists don't wipe out the good ones, even 100 years later.

11Reader's Thread Empty Re: Reader's Thread 11th May 2012, 10:52 pm

BigChillfan10

BigChillfan10
Plumber
Plumber

Zero Degrees wrote:
I'm fine that they're historically important, I just wish they were good or interesting.

I hope that will never happen. Hopefully, these new artists don't wipe out the good ones, even 100 years later.
Other types of artists will replace the ones we have now 100 years from now. Today's artists replaced the other types about 30 years ago.

12Reader's Thread Empty Re: Reader's Thread 12th May 2012, 5:05 am

First-Psykon

First-Psykon
Plumber
Plumber

BigChillfan10 wrote:
Zero Degrees wrote:

Other types of artists will replace the ones we have now 100 years from now. Today's artists replaced the other types about 30 years ago.
But there are revivals.

13Reader's Thread Empty Re: Reader's Thread 12th May 2012, 5:21 am

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

BigChillfan10 wrote:
Not exactly. I'm sure some of the greats will live on.

14Reader's Thread Empty Re: Reader's Thread 12th May 2012, 5:54 am

First-Psykon

First-Psykon
Plumber
Plumber

Zero Degrees wrote:
BigChillfan10 wrote:
Not exactly. I'm sure some of the greats will live on.
Yeah, many artists 30 years ago are still popular today. , thanks to revivals and the fact they haven't exactly retired.

15Reader's Thread Empty Re: Reader's Thread 12th May 2012, 6:34 am

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

First-Psykon wrote:Yeah, many artists 30 years ago are still popular today. , thanks to revivals and the fact they haven't exactly retired.
Don't forget the fans. Even without those, I think many of the great artists will still be remembered for a long time.

16Reader's Thread Empty Re: Reader's Thread 13th June 2012, 3:26 pm

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Finally got around to finishing Jurassic Park! Can't believe I bought it 2 years ago and just finished. The book's really brilliant. I love it. It's the first novel non-school-assigned that I finished and also enjoyed. I think I'll be a bit more of a reader than I am now and extend beyond comics. I only like specific books though.

17Reader's Thread Empty Re: Reader's Thread 6th July 2012, 1:18 pm

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

Just got George Orwell's 1984! Very Happy
I'm freaking out,been searching for it for like...2 years. (I wanted the English version)
To make things even weirder,I eventually found the book in my classroom.Apparently it's been there for 2 years.The teachers left some books so that we could read them.It's been right there under my nose all this time! Laughing
Loved the movie,the book is even more spectacular.I'm going to enjoy the shit out of each page.I also noticed George Orwell writes his stories in a way similar to mine. Cool

18Reader's Thread Empty Re: Reader's Thread 6th July 2012, 4:58 pm

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Sebastian13 wrote:Just got George Orwell's 1984! Very Happy
I'm freaking out,been searching for it for like...2 years. (I wanted the English version)
To make things even weirder,I eventually found the book in my classroom.Apparently it's been there for 2 years.The teachers left some books so that we could read them.It's been right there under my nose all this time! Laughing
Loved the movie,the book is even more spectacular.I'm going to enjoy the shit out of each page.I also noticed George Orwell writes his stories in a way similar to mine. Cool
I liked the movie a lot and I've read the book a long time ago. I never finished it though, probably because I was too young to get it at that time. I think I would like it now.

Just read one of the Bourne books recently and I like it a lot to.

Last edited by Zero Degrees on 6th July 2012, 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

19Reader's Thread Empty Re: Reader's Thread 6th July 2012, 5:19 pm

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

I want to read Fight Club and Brave New World next.
I'm also currently reading The Transition of Juan Romero by H.P. Lovecraft.

20Reader's Thread Empty Re: Reader's Thread 22nd March 2013, 10:13 pm

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

Been really into Oscar Wilde recently.

The Picture Of Dorian Gray and The Importance of Being Earnest (really funny! and it's not even that long, only 3 acts) are both masterpieces in my eyes. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum