Gravattacker
Sebastian13
Tammar
The Omni Triforcer
Turbojake252
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Omniverse Final Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 15th November 2014, 6:05 pm

AleSir19

AleSir19
Plumber
Plumber

datdude wrote:NEver an OV fan hated the designs the change in bens attitude, the choice to have so much less kevin and gwen in the show, rook over all. Im glad its over but its the startrek voyager of the ben 10 franchise disappointing.

Looking forward to whatever comes next.

DD

I will explain you why i never hate the Omniverse designs Datdude, you know why? because they MIX everything from 0S/AF/UA and Omniverse into one final product.

AF and UA style of design was take the style from OS and the things that they create and make a new series, something crappy and really cheat that they put over and over the OS material trying to make the people forget what was before in that place.

You know something, AF take out elements from every side of the OS, making him a one cheat copy series. AF copy the OS design and style, AF copy the powers of the main aliens or some aliens and make some "new" ones, AF create new versions, personality's and even put over the old stuff new things that was really crappy and without sense.

Omniverse dont make that, they create good things, they mix everything and from there they came with great ideas, the problem was the 8 Arc, Chamcaster story for example ends up in shitty way i will not lye you, crap is crap and AF/UA was crap.

I never feel bad of getting away Gwen and Kevin, they make a great team, but they are characters, have lives, jobs and even big storys to make. Example how the hell you wanna to make Gwendolyn from future happen if she dont go to university?

How to expect to Kevin to be a adult guy if he dont get a job, dog, a new place and even a car. Yes in the first season without Kevin and Gwen was big stuff, because they fill a place that Rook never fill up well, even more in "The End of A Decade", Rook 10.000 make a joke that all the time he try to understand earth terms he was only playing with Ben and all that time the stupid one not was Rook was Ben.

That make me feel good, make me feel that at less Rook wasnt serious all the times he says "I dont know why we will go to fish is not a good time" when they were talking about catch criminals.

27Omniverse Final Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 16th November 2014, 9:13 pm

Tammar

Tammar
Plumber
Plumber

A list of all the Omniverse episodes I enjoyed:

The More Things Change
A Jolt From The Past
Hot Stretch
Many Happy Returns
Blukic And Driba Go To Mr. Smoothy's
Malefactor
Ben Again
Store 23
Special Delivery
Showdown
Tummy Trouble
The Frogs of War
Rules of Engagement
Rad
TGIS
Return to Forever
Mud Is Thicker Than Water
OTTO Motives
Something Zombozo This Way Comes
Mystery, Incorporeal
An American Benwolf in London
Animo Crackers
Catfight
And Then There Were None/ And Then There Was Ben
Rooters of All Evil
Weapon XI
Rook Tales
Fight At The Museum
It's A Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World
Let's Do The Time War Again
Secret of Dos Santos
Final Countdown
End of an Era
A New Dawn

28Omniverse Final Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 16th November 2014, 10:37 pm

Sir_Ronald

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

It was OK. tongue

29Omniverse Final Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 22nd February 2015, 6:44 pm

SonicShane97

SonicShane97
Human
Human

Apparently Omniverse didn't do too well in the viewing figures department. Did anyone else hear this?

30Omniverse Final Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 22nd February 2015, 6:53 pm

Ebomnitrix

Ebomnitrix
Magister
Magister

SonicShane97 wrote:Apparently Omniverse didn't do too well in the viewing figures department. Did anyone else hear this?
It's called the US not getting Ben 10 toys since 2013, although... I think somehow CN was involved in this...

31Omniverse Final Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 22nd February 2015, 11:07 pm

Lukey

Lukey
Plumber
Plumber

Ebomnitrix wrote:
SonicShane97 wrote:Apparently Omniverse didn't do too well in the viewing figures department. Did anyone else hear this?
It's called the US not getting Ben 10 toys since 2013, although... I think somehow CN was involved in this...

I think it's pretty obvious viewership on Omniverse declined greatly. It doesn't matter how much people say 'ITZ COZ OF THE TOYS' ...they're wrong. Sure, it's a contributing factor, but viewership is the main component to any TV show's renewal/cancellation.

I also think that once they realised viewing figures/toys/general interest had died down, they made a 'controlled' decision to end the show. They went out quietly (it wasn't made out to be the 'big finale' or anything) because they do have plans to reboot it in the future.

32Omniverse Final Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 23rd February 2015, 11:34 am

SonicShane97

SonicShane97
Human
Human

Lukey wrote:
Ebomnitrix wrote:

I think it's pretty obvious viewership on Omniverse declined greatly. It doesn't matter how much people say 'ITZ COZ OF THE TOYS' ...they're wrong. Sure, it's a contributing factor, but viewership is the main component to any TV show's renewal/cancellation.

I also think that once they realised viewing figures/toys/general interest had died down, they made a 'controlled' decision to end the show. They went out quietly (it wasn't made out to be the 'big finale' or anything) because they do have plans to reboot it in the future.

The argument about the toys makes no sense to me. I don't see how whether there are new toys or not affects a shows viewership. In fact, it's the other way round. Kids watch the show then buy the toys.

It's probably because Omniverse had a bad viewing time.

33Omniverse Final Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 23rd February 2015, 6:40 pm

Gravattacker

Gravattacker
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

Ben is so much dumb in OV, so immature. Why? In UAF Ben acts like an responsible adult! So serious.

34Omniverse Final Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 23rd February 2015, 8:09 pm

The Omni Triforcer

The Omni Triforcer
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

Gravattacker wrote:Ben is so much dumb in OV, so immature. Why? In UAF Ben acts like an responsible adult! So serious.
Thats why i liked and then there were none he actually acted serious and responsible

35Omniverse Final Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 23rd February 2015, 9:06 pm

ultraalien

Plumber
Plumber

beczam1290 wrote:
Gravattacker wrote:Ben is so much dumb in OV, so immature. Why? In UAF Ben acts like an responsible adult! So serious.
Thats why i liked and then there were none he actually acted serious and responsible
I think Omniverse may relied too much on comedy.

36Omniverse Final Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 23rd February 2015, 11:12 pm

Lukey

Lukey
Plumber
Plumber

ultraalien wrote:

In many ways you're right.
Ben 10 Omniverse didn't feel like a Ben 10 show.
People who tuned in for cool sci-fi action got 'comical' 'zany' 'adventures' instead.

37Omniverse Final Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 23rd February 2015, 11:29 pm

datdude

datdude
Plumber
Plumber

Lukey wrote:
ultraalien wrote:

In many ways you're right.
Ben 10 Omniverse didn't feel like a Ben 10 show.
People who tuned in for cool sci-fi action got 'comical' 'zany' 'adventures' instead.

You put it better then I ever could.

38Omniverse Final Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 31st August 2015, 7:24 pm

The Voice

The Voice
Plumber
Plumber

The art style was too campy, Rook being an exception, the show was not doing well at all which is why it was hitting the 6 AM timeslot here in America. As much as the comedy was enjoyable it overshadowed any plot that might have existed, if at all. After the final episode I got mad I wanted to throw my TV out the window, I felt cheated and it totally smelled of cash grab, to me anyway. One thing leaves me sad to this day, the great work and effort of Dwayne McDuffie all the great changes he brought to the last two shows, were snuffed out by Derrick Wyatt and Omniverse... But I digress.

39Omniverse Final Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 5th December 2015, 5:43 am

MekongTiger

MekongTiger
Plumber
Plumber

Reasons why I personally had enough of Ashley Johnson and why I don't like her anymore:

1. I had enough of fanboys and fangirls banging on about The Last of Us.

2. I never signed up to listen to her singing the F-Bomb in The Last of Us. Her swearing was annoying as hell.

3. Blindspot (which she plays a main character in) is where I've drawn the line against The Last of Us fanbase who continue to ignore the Ben 10 franchise. BTW Blindspot is not a cartoon.

4. Blindspot IMO is a boring and overproduced crime show that tries too hard to be better than Hong Kong cinema.

5. I personally do not like her recent work.

6. Instead of complaining about it, it's better for my life to ditch her and focus on other voice actresses.

40Omniverse Final Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 5th December 2015, 5:53 am

The Omni Triforcer

The Omni Triforcer
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

MekongTiger wrote:Reasons why I personally had enough of Ashley Johnson and why I don't like her anymore:

2. I never signed up to listen to her singing the F-Bomb in The Last of Us. Her swearing was annoying as hell.

3. Blindspot (which she plays a main character in) is where I've drawn the line against The Last of Us fanbase who continue to ignore the Ben 10 franchise. BTW Blindspot is not a cartoon.

4. Blindspot IMO is a boring and overproduced crime show that tries too hard to be better than Hong Kong cinema.

6. Instead of complaining about it, it's better for my life to ditch her and focus on other voice actresses.
Dude not this topic either this is a topic to remember omniverse by not to talk about voice actors why dont you go to the community thread and talk about it there because honestly this is getting pretty annoying

41Omniverse Final Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 6th December 2015, 12:10 am

AleSir19

AleSir19
Plumber
Plumber

MekongTiger wrote:Reasons why I personally had enough of Ashley Johnson and why I don't like her anymore:

Wtf men? That are your reasons? What-The-Fuck...

42Omniverse Final Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 6th December 2015, 12:27 am

The Omni Triforcer

The Omni Triforcer
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

AleSIr19 wrote:

Wtf men? That are your reasons? What-The-Fuck...
Yeah i dont know whats with this guy he wants all of us to share his opinion thats why he keeps posting them and these opinions are not even from ben 10 never mind omniverse so i have no idea why he/she posted them in the omniverse final thoughts thread.

43Omniverse Final Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 19th December 2015, 10:24 pm

PeruAlonso

Plumber
Plumber

Pros:
Return of Kid Ben
New aliens like Crashhopper, and Bloxx
New characters like Ben 23 and Rook Blonko
New villains like Khyber
Return of old characters like Lucy Mann, and Jimmy Jones
Return of old villains like Vilgax and Albedo
Gwen's "Velma Dinkley" look
The BenKai kiss scene
Albedo as Kid Ben

Cons:
Kid Gwen being malcontent and bossy
Feedback's demise
Episodes airing out of order
Not enough Gwevin moments
Ben and Kai bickering
No happy ending for Charmcaster (I've had high hopes of her reforming and being a good friend to Gwen the same way Kevin did with Ben and what do they do? They mess her up big time! They should be ashamed of themselves!)
Ben being a punching bag once again
Ben getting the wrong alien

Last edited by PeruAlonso on 31st July 2016, 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

44Omniverse Final Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 16th May 2016, 12:08 am

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

Not original enough, it focused too much on nods to OS, they even brought in kai who had no chemistry with Ben other then being used. After the first 2 arcs where the used Dwayne and Glen blueprints the show becomes a lot more generic alien of the arc, the monsters end up feeling like there from a Saturday morning cartoon then a scifi

45Omniverse Final Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Omniverse Final Thoughts 23rd July 2016, 3:12 pm

Gordo_Hareda

Human
Human

Good idea, bad execution.

With OV, it really felt like Matt Youngberg and Derrick Wyatt just wanted a full-on reboot of Ben 10 but couldn't do it, and so the end result was an uneven mess.  And its intended goal to "clean up and simplify" the franchise's continuity was a laughable failure, as the continuity just ended up even more confounding by the end of the show.  

It certainly says a lot about its failure that NOW we're getting that full-on reboot of Ben 10 from CN, but without Youngberg and Wyatt.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum