First-Psykon
PrimordialBorscht
mace23
Zero Degrees
CBobb1234
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Favourite series so far? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 14th August 2012, 11:17 am

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

FutureFighter wrote:My apologies, I wasn't meaning to "bash" Dwayne when I made that comment. I really respect him and most of his work (like the first two seasons of Alien Force, Static Shock, the All-Star Superman DTV, etc.) I just wish he hadn't done...whatever it is he did to make UA such a drop in quality from OS and AF.
Apologies accepted.
I understand, season 3 of AF and UA were indeed a mess...
I guess the problem is that from episode to episode the writer changes (I think that's what ruined Charmcaster's plot as well) and it seems like they don't even talk to each other. Suspect
Hopefully, the Omniverse team are a little more united. I don't even care anymore about what choices they make related to the story, as long as it is entertaining and consistent with at least itself, unlike UA which was inconsistent with: itself,AF and OS. Mad
That being said, I did enjoy a big part of UA:the Andromeda aliens (even if Fasttrack and other post-Adromeda aliens like him weren't memorable at all, except maybe Clockwork, which was great), the Aggregor plot, finding out more about Azmuth, the Kevin plot.

P.S. The guy did die soon after making UA, maybe he was sick and that's why he could not hold things under control?

27Favourite series so far? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 14th August 2012, 3:39 pm

FutureFighter

Human
Human

Sebastian13 wrote:I understand, season 3 of AF and UA were indeed a mess...

I actually give Dwayne and the entire team complete leeway when it comes to AF season 3 since I heard that wasn't their fault: they had a different plan for it originally (the "Kevin goes insane and evil again" plot that ended up instead being used - poorly, IMO - in UA), but CN made them change it to the Vilgax thing, and thus Kevin instead just went emo over being an elemental mishmash. Rolling Eyes It was a mess, but still watchable and someimes enjoyable (CON OF RATH!!! Cool )

I think that's what ruined Charmcaster's plot as well) and it seems like they don't even talk to each other. Suspect

That's quite probable. I've seen quotes from the writer of "Couples Retreat", Geoff Thorne, that really sound as if he had nothing to do with the production of "Enemy of My Frenemy" or how David McDermott wrote it while he was writing "Couples Retreat". I doubt Matt Wayne, writer of "Where the Magic Happens", had much involvement either. It was just uncommunicative writers finding their own ways of emotionally tormenting poor Charm. Evil or Very Mad

That being said, I did enjoy a big part of UA:the Andromeda aliens (even if Fasttrack and other post-Adromeda aliens like him weren't memorable at all, except maybe Clockwork, which was great), the Aggregor plot, finding out more about Azmuth, the Kevin plot.

I liked the first two you mentioned. The second two, not so much. I felt learning more about Azmuth actually made the character weaker, IMO, and the Kevin plot was really badly written, rushed, and hijacked the Aggregor plot completely. The writers really should have been allowed the chance to do this Kevin plot in AF Season 3, it likely would've been much better (and it apparently would've had a much more impactful ending, not the BS happily-ever-after one in UA.)

28Favourite series so far? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 14th August 2012, 5:53 pm

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

The writers really should have been allowed the chance to do this Kevin plot in AF Season 3
To this day I'm still haunted by that...it would have been the logical continuation from the Hightbreed arc.No more bullshit new Vilgax,no more rushed fillers,no more badly done Kevin arc,no more Ultimatrix (it wasn't originally meant to exist but it turned out pretty good anyways, some Ultimates were great, Ultimate Swampfire and Ultimate Echo Echo for example)...it could have been amazing.
CN always messes things up. Too bad writers don't have the rights and money to continue their own series.

29Favourite series so far? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 22nd August 2012, 6:41 pm

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

Sebastian13 wrote:
UA was good,the plot was handled in a more anime-ish way which I loved,one of the things that pissed me off about AF was that one episode seemed to have nothing to do with the previous.I like the way Young Justice handle the situation,they ALWAYS referenced the previous episode while still having some sort of independence so that you don't have to watch them in order. (that was one of the goals of AF)

good point, UA season 1 played out like the second half of an anime would, AF season 3 gave the foundation for UA S1, it built off the character arcs, bridging everything.

30Favourite series so far? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 25th August 2012, 4:34 am

First-Psykon

First-Psykon
Plumber
Plumber

Sebastian13 wrote:
The writers really should have been allowed the chance to do this Kevin plot in AF Season 3
To this day I'm still haunted by that...it would have been the logical continuation from the Hightbreed arc.No more bullshit new Vilgax,no more rushed fillers,no more badly done Kevin arc,no more Ultimatrix (it wasn't originally meant to exist but it turned out pretty good anyways, some Ultimates were great, Ultimate Swampfire and Ultimate Echo Echo for example)...it could have been amazing.
CN always messes things up. Too bad writers don't have the rights and money to continue their own series.
And Omniverse isn't making things much better, to be honest. OV seems to be more focused on Ben and Wyatt said that Vilgax will be redesigned (which means reappearance). And well, there's the design of the humans. That's the only thing I don't like much in OV though.

31Favourite series so far? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 25th August 2012, 4:48 am

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

First-Psykon wrote:
Sebastian13 wrote:
And Omniverse isn't making things much better, to be honest. OV seems to be more focused on Ben and Wyatt said that Vilgax will be redesigned (which means reappearance). And well, there's the design of the humans. That's the only thing I don't like much in OV though.
Vilgax AF design seemed too be a homage too Kang The Conquer from Marvel Comics but I agree it's a somewhat jarring design. I don't know, Ultimate Kevin appearing in 17 episodes...

32Favourite series so far? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 25th August 2012, 10:28 pm

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

mace23 wrote:Vilgax AF design seemed too be a homage too Kang The Conquer from Marvel Comics but I agree it's a somewhat jarring design. I don't know, Ultimate Kevin appearing in 17 episodes...
He never seemed like Kang to me. The thought never crossed my mind.

He really did remind me of Darkseid in his first AF appearance though. The whole invincible-warlord thing and especially his laser eyes (EXACTLY like the Omega Beam).

33Favourite series so far? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 26th August 2012, 10:13 am

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

Zero Degrees wrote:
mace23 wrote:Vilgax AF design seemed too be a homage too Kang The Conquer from Marvel Comics but I agree it's a somewhat jarring design. I don't know, Ultimate Kevin appearing in 17 episodes...

He really did remind me of Darkseid in his first AF appearance though. The whole invincible-warlord thing and especially his laser eyes (EXACTLY like the Omega Beam).
I was thinking about Darkseid as well. As far as I know, Dwayne worked on both. (Justice League Darkseid and AF Vilgax)

34Favourite series so far? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 26th August 2012, 6:20 pm

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Sebastian13 wrote:
Zero Degrees wrote:

I was thinking about Darkseid as well. As far as I know, Dwayne worked on both. (Justice League Darkseid and AF Vilgax)
I actually asked Dwayne a long time ago if Vilgax's lasers were supposed to be like Darkseid's. I forgot the actual answer but it was along the lines of "What do you think?"

35Favourite series so far? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 26th August 2012, 7:00 pm

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

Zero Degrees wrote:
Sebastian13 wrote:
Zero Degrees wrote:

I actually asked Dwayne a long time ago if Vilgax's lasers were supposed to be like Darkseid's. I forgot the actual answer but it was along the lines of "What do you think?"
He reminded of Darkseid too because of his powers but those lips reminded of Kang, been watching Avengers EMH

36Favourite series so far? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 1st September 2012, 2:52 am

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

mace23 wrote:
Ultimate Alien is a series I'm mixed about, it had good subtle character development and the fame angle was pretty funny at times. I liked the Aggregor storyline for Kevin's character arc even if the chase for aliens and map of infinity arcs had predictable endings as too if they'd get the too stop Aggregor(which they wouldn't). http://dwaynemcduffie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3516&sid=130087e38fdb842c34550be75ce7c58a

UA season 2 I quite enjoyed, the Forever Knights storyline, we were getting a storyline as dark and on level of the Highbreed storyline along with some funny episodes like Girl Trouble, Moonstruck and Ultimate Sacrifice that furthered the series mythology and then... the Daigon storyline happened, it was alright I loved the HP Lovecraft inspired visuals but I found it not go in the direction I wanted and the fact it felt like they were killing characters at the end because they knew this incarnation of the show was over.

noticed I had a bit more too say about UA, I felt the series ended up falling into the trap most sitcoms do as near the second half or end they exagrrate the characters personalities just too get some more laughs and try too keep the chemistry going ex Friends, Fresh Prince Of Bel Air, Roseanne (even fosters home for imaginary friends had this)

37Favourite series so far? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 1st September 2012, 7:28 am

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

mace23 wrote:
mace23 wrote:
Ultimate Alien is a series I'm mixed about, it had good subtle character development and the fame angle was pretty funny at times. I liked the Aggregor storyline for Kevin's character arc even if the chase for aliens and map of infinity arcs had predictable endings as too if they'd get the too stop Aggregor(which they wouldn't). http://dwaynemcduffie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3516&sid=130087e38fdb842c34550be75ce7c58a

UA season 2 I quite enjoyed, the Forever Knights storyline, we were getting a storyline as dark and on level of the Highbreed storyline along with some funny episodes like Girl Trouble, Moonstruck and Ultimate Sacrifice that furthered the series mythology and then... the Daigon storyline happened, it was alright I loved the HP Lovecraft inspired visuals but I found it not go in the direction I wanted and the fact it felt like they were killing characters at the end because they knew this incarnation of the show was over.

noticed I had a bit more too say about UA, I felt the series ended up falling into the trap most sitcoms do as near the second half or end they exagrrate the characters personalities just too get some more laughs and try too keep the chemistry going ex Friends, Fresh Prince Of Bel Air, Roseanne (even fosters home for imaginary friends had this)
Wow, I just noticed that. It's not even so prominent at all but it's there. Especially on Ben, I think.

Off-topic: Although there are many exceptions, I hate when sitcoms do that Laughing

38Favourite series so far? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 10th September 2012, 1:13 am

Devil

Devil

I'm back HAHAHA !!!!

OS was more better design wise, because it had the best animation something AF/UA lacks, OV is turning out to be a cool looking series.

39Favourite series so far? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 10th September 2012, 10:13 am

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

Devil wrote:I'm back HAHAHA !!!!

OS was more better design wise, because it had the best animation something AF/UA lacks, OV is turning out to be a cool looking series.
Speak of the devil! Laughing

Welcome back dude, have fun.

40Favourite series so far? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 10th September 2012, 6:57 pm

Devil

Devil

Sebastian13 wrote:
Devil wrote:I'm back HAHAHA !!!!

Speak of the devil! Laughing

Welcome back dude, have fun.

Thanks home boy. Long time no see.

41Favourite series so far? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 11th September 2012, 2:01 am

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

[quote="Zero Degrees"][quote="mace23"][quote="mace23"]
Ultimate Alien is a series I'm mixed about, it had good subtle character development and the fame angle was pretty funny at times. I liked the Aggregor storyline for Kevin's character arc even if the chase for aliens and map of infinity arcs had predictable endings as too if they'd get the too stop Aggregor(which they wouldn't). http://dwaynemcduffie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3516&sid=130087e38fdb842c34550be75ce7c58a another fun parallel with sitcoms is the way AF/UA is staged, most of the directing feels like it was meant for a live action series, specifically the talking scenes looks like something out of prime time shows like Gilmore Girls or Will and Grace, not really something animated with some New Yorker/1950s comic/Franz Hopper esque designs too boot .

Last edited by mace23 on 11th September 2012, 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total

42Favourite series so far? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 11th September 2012, 2:05 am

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

[quote="mace23"]
Zero Degrees wrote:
mace23 wrote:
mace23 wrote:

Wow, I just noticed that. It's not even so prominent at all but it's there. Especially on Ben, I think.

Off-topic: Although there are many exceptions, I hate when sitcoms do that Laughing
Another fun parallel with sitcoms is the way AF/UA is staged, most of the directing feels like it was meant for a live action series rather then anything animated,
specifically the talking scenes looks like something out of prime time shows like Gilmore Girls or Will and Grace.

A lot of the setting is treated as inter changeable props, kinda like a mystery series along with the switching out of one off characters/victims.

Designs are very Art Deco/Jack Kirby/Edward Hopper esque

https://www.google.com/search?um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&biw=1366&bih=598&q=%20hopper%20painter&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=iw&ei=9pxOULu2HIeY0QH71YDoAw

Last edited by mace23 on 11th September 2012, 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total

43Favourite series so far? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 11th September 2012, 11:12 am

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

I think Dwayne confirmed AF/UA were inspired by sitcoms a lot. Not to mention Dwayne was a huge TV nerd.

44Favourite series so far? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 12th September 2012, 11:10 am

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Sebastian13 wrote:I think Dwayne confirmed AF/UA were inspired by sitcoms a lot. Not to mention Dwayne was a huge TV nerd.
Yeah, the humor is exactly what I'd expect in a good sitcom. Cool part is, it's already funnier than many newer sitcoms right now.

45Favourite series so far? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 10th October 2012, 11:18 am

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

Favourite series so far? - Page 2 Spitter_UA1

Am I the only one seeing this just now? Laughing
I caught Arctiguana and Buzzshock but I had no idea Spitter had to be in UA as well. Which based on Arctiguana's apperance in Omniverse, I can assume Spitter will appear soon in Omniverse as well.

46Favourite series so far? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 17th October 2012, 10:14 am

Devil

Devil

Sebastian13 wrote:Favourite series so far? - Page 2 Spitter_UA1

I caught Arctiguana and Buzzshock but I had no idea Spitter had to be in UA as well. Which based on Arctiguana's apperance in Omniverse, I can assume Spitter will appear soon in Omniverse as well.

Don't forget Buzzshock since he should also be appearing in the Omniverse series real soon.

47Favourite series so far? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 17th October 2012, 3:07 pm

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

Devil wrote:
Sebastian13 wrote:Favourite series so far? - Page 2 Spitter_UA1

Don't forget Buzzshock since he should also be appearing in the Omniverse series real soon.
this is WAY off topic

48Favourite series so far? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 26th November 2012, 6:17 pm

datdude

datdude
Plumber
Plumber

UA has my favorite and least favorite episodes in it. To catch a falling star its not easy being Gwen and couples retreat.

Last edited by datdude on 26th November 2012, 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

49Favourite series so far? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 26th November 2012, 6:25 pm

ZeroRecoil

ZeroRecoil
Plumber
Plumber

datdude wrote:UA has my favorite and least favorite episodes in it. To catch a falling star its not easy being and Gwen couples retreat.

Which are your favourites and least favourites.
You haven't really made it clear.

50Favourite series so far? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite series so far? 26th November 2012, 7:01 pm

datdude

datdude
Plumber
Plumber

datdude wrote:UA has my favorite and least favorite episodes in it. To catch a falling star its not easy being Gwen and couples retreat.

Opps those are the favorites the least favorites are Duped The flamer keepers circle and the mother of all vreedles

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum