BelBen10OV
Matt Wayne
Tsuchimikado Motoharu
datdude
Sebastian13
63 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 29 ... 43  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 43]

351Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 15 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 17th March 2013, 9:52 pm

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

painlee wrote:is there a reason why Milleus and Attea have 5 fingers wile Bullfrag and the regular incursion soldier have 3 fingers?

There will be now!

352Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 15 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 17th March 2013, 10:04 pm

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

Ursalink wrote:Hello once again, Mr Wayne.

First of all, I want to congratulate you and the rest of the team for "The Frogs of War". Once I saw them completely, my mind blew up in "awesomeness". You made an excellent work with these two episodes!! But, if you don't mind, there are some things I want to ask you about some elements of the episodes that called my attention.

1º) The Way Bads. I have to say, I didn't see these coming. They were sent to the Null Void, but I'm sure they will return; possibly under command of another villain. (I'm sure Vilgax would love to have these monsters for an army). Since they are "feral", they even made think they could be the perfect "predators" of the Tokustars. Anyway, the female one particularly called my attention. Any chance we will see a "non-mutant" female Tokustar in the future? (I'm starting to think it could even be another alien girlfriend for Ben; this time, as Way Big).

2º) It called very much attention the "cartoonish" faces of the characters at some points of the story. For example, Kevin's "disgusting face" after Ben flirted with Attea, or the team's surprised faces after Attea revealed it was all part of her plan. This is something we have never seen before in a Ben 10's series, and it reminded me a lot the old "Teen Titans" series. That made me think, there's a chance that the crossover episode ("T.G.I.S.") will be actually between "Ben 10: Omniverse" and "Teen Titans"? (I also suspect it because "Teen Titans Go!" will debut this April).

3º) After seeing the angry mobs from the first part, I suspect my theory of the "anti-alien group of hate" will happen; because I'm sure not ALL humans will accept aliens living among them. Well, but I have to say, now I REALLY hate Will Harangue even more than I hate J Jonah Jameson as a Spiderman's fan. Is it possible that Will Harangue will be the main villain in the 4 arc?

4º) It kinda worries me seeing Ben becoming such a "ladies' man", now possibly adding Attea to the list where we should include Ben's other love interests (Julie, Eunice, Elena, Ester and Looma). Now that "Rules of Engagement" is finally going to be aired, I regret it's actually an "out of order" episode; because I would really like to see Attea involved in this story too. Is it possible that we will see Attea fighting against other of Ben's "love interest", like Looma?

I'm sorry if my questions are a little long, but that's an effect of the great impression "The Frogs of War" had on me after seeing it. I hope you can give some answers, please. I'm not asking for real spoilers, just if you think some of the things I mentioned could happen or not. I thank you again for these amazing episodes.

1. I don't think Ben could get into a To'kustar girl.

2. I deny the possibility.

3. No.

4. The Empress may return, but how and why isn't something I want to discuss.

353Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 15 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 18th March 2013, 1:08 am

Lukey

Lukey
Plumber
Plumber

Frogs of War has to be one of the best episodes of the entire franchise yet. Undeniably amazing.

Anyway, I'm sure the following question has been asked before but I've always wondered about it.

1) Is Wildmutt sentient? Whenever we've seen others from his species they have been rather animalistic.

2) Arc 3 has been the best arc yet, any more space-centric stories or arcs coming up?

3) Do you prefer watching/writing the show with more or less main characters? I really loved the dynamic of the second Frogs of War episode with the ensemble cast.

4) Any chance of more episodes with a larger main cast?

354Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 15 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 18th March 2013, 1:23 am

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

Lukey wrote:Frogs of War has to be one of the best episodes of the entire franchise yet. Undeniably amazing.

Anyway, I'm sure the following question has been asked before but I've always wondered about it.

1) Is Wildmutt sentient? Whenever we've seen others from his species they have been rather animalistic.

2) Arc 3 has been the best arc yet, any more space-centric stories or arcs coming up?

3) Do you prefer watching/writing the show with more or less main characters? I really loved the dynamic of the second Frogs of War episode with the ensemble cast.

4) Any chance of more episodes with a larger main cast?

1. Yes. Sentient is a pretty low bar to clear.

2. Yes, but Bellwood and Earth are always a factor. We haven't turned it into "Ben Lantern."

3. I like lots of stories with smaller casts and stakes, so when we do one of these big apocalyptic shows, the glimpse you get of each character can pay off stuff that's been set up earlier. You need a variety.

4. You're gonna love the next batch of episodes.

Last edited by Matt Wayne on 18th March 2013, 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total

355Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 15 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 18th March 2013, 1:32 am

Kariachi

Kariachi
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

Liked the episode. Didn't love it, but then anything involving 'The Resistance' sorta dies for me. Well done though. Smile

1) Derrick mentioned that Kevin's puddly-mutt was originally in the episode, but that the scene with her was cut for time. If you can, did she do anything, or just sit next to Kevin and get head-scritches?

356Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 15 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 18th March 2013, 1:38 am

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

Kariachi wrote:Liked the episode. Didn't love it, but then anything involving 'The Resistance' sorta dies for me. Well done though. Smile

1) Derrick mentioned that Kevin's puddly-mutt was originally in the episode, but that the scene with her was cut for time. If you can, did she do anything, or just sit next to Kevin and get head-scritches?

She didn't like Argit.

357Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 15 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 18th March 2013, 1:45 am

Kariachi

Kariachi
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

Matt Wayne wrote:
Kariachi wrote:Liked the episode. Didn't love it, but then anything involving 'The Resistance' sorta dies for me. Well done though. Smile

She didn't like Argit.

I knew I liked her. Sensible thing she is.

Hopefully she can help Kevin with the whole 'enemy-detecting' thing. He's sorta hit or miss there.

358Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 15 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 18th March 2013, 6:42 pm

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

Matt Wayne wrote:
verbomaniac wrote:Is the frog-like species spelled Incursion or Incursean?

Incursion. But in the first script I spelled it Incursean and that spelling turns up now and then.

I just checked with the line producers--It is Incursean. But misspellings of the name have been rampant. Probably because of the word "incursion."

359Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 15 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 18th March 2013, 10:29 pm

verbomaniac

Plumber
Plumber

Matt Wayne wrote:
Matt Wayne wrote:
verbomaniac wrote:Is the frog-like species spelled Incursion or Incursean?

Incursion. But in the first script I spelled it Incursean and that spelling turns up now and then.

I just checked with the line producers--It is Incursean. But misspellings of the name have been rampant. Probably because of the word "incursion."
Thanks for going into all that trouble for the answer. I really appreciate the help!

360Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 15 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 18th March 2013, 10:41 pm

Kariachi

Kariachi
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

Okay, another question about the Puddly-Mutt Supreme.

1) How much more can we expect to see of her? I mean, I know we'll only be seeing her in eps with Kevin, but how often will we be seeing her in them? A little, a lot, or you can't say 'cause spoilers?

361Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 15 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 18th March 2013, 10:49 pm

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

Kariachi wrote:Okay, another question about the Puddly-Mutt Supreme.

1) How much more can we expect to see of her? I mean, I know we'll only be seeing her in eps with Kevin, but how often will we be seeing her in them? A little, a lot, or you can't say 'cause spoilers?

We won't see her every time Kevin shows up. But fairly often, because she's cool and she's voiced by one of our regulars.

362Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 15 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 18th March 2013, 11:08 pm

Ursalink

Plumber
Plumber

Hello again, Mr Wayne.

I beg your pardon, but today I have read something about the series that it really REALLY confuses me. Allow me to explain:

I was checking Ben 10 Wikia to take a look to the list of Ben's love interest; which by the way, it's not short at all. Maybe Ben inherited this "ladies' man" charms from his Grampa Max, because of Verdona and Xylene's cases. Well, anyway, according to something Rook commented in "Showdown: Part 1", Ben's first crush was a girl named Patty Berkenfeld from 3rd grade. I don't understand this. As far as we have seen, Ben's first crush was Kai Green, back in the first series. Then, in Alien Force's movie, "Aliew Swarm", it was said that Elena Validus was Ben's first crush. And now, they give that role to this "Patty Berkenfeld". Mr Wayne, which one should we really consider as "Ben's first crush, please?

By the way, since they have mentioned her, will we see Patty Berkenfeld in a future episode? For some reason, I think she could be the blond girl with a ponytail that appeared in Billy Billion's flashback in "Arrested Development"; the one who picked Ben in a gym class for her team. The girl who, according to the wikia, looks pretty much to Mazuma, Billi Billion's robotic assistant. Is this just a coincidence, or Billy really based Mazuma's human look on that girl?

I hope these questions won't bother you, Mr Wayne, and you can give me some answers, please. Ben's love gallery is getting very interesting to me, so I would like to have these doubts clear, please.

363Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 15 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 18th March 2013, 11:31 pm

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

Ursalink wrote:Hello again, Mr Wayne.

I beg your pardon, but today I have read something about the series that it really REALLY confuses me. Allow me to explain:

I was checking Ben 10 Wikia to take a look to the list of Ben's love interest; which by the way, it's not short at all. Maybe Ben inherited this "ladies' man" charms from his Grampa Max, because of Verdona and Xylene's cases. Well, anyway, according to something Rook commented in "Showdown: Part 1", Ben's first crush was a girl named Patty Berkenfeld from 3rd grade. I don't understand this. As far as we have seen, Ben's first crush was Kai Green, back in the first series. Then, in Alien Force's movie, "Aliew Swarm", it was said that Elena Validus was Ben's first crush. And now, they give that role to this "Patty Berkenfeld". Mr Wayne, which one should we really consider as "Ben's first crush, please?

By the way, since they have mentioned her, will we see Patty Berkenfeld in a future episode? For some reason, I think she could be the blond girl with a ponytail that appeared in Billy Billion's flashback in "Arrested Development"; the one who picked Ben in a gym class for her team. The girl who, according to the wikia, looks pretty much to Mazuma, Billi Billion's robotic assistant. Is this just a coincidence, or Billy really based Mazuma's human look on that girl?

I hope these questions won't bother you, Mr Wayne, and you can give me some answers, please. Ben's love gallery is getting very interesting to me, so I would like to have these doubts clear, please.

Billy did build Mazuma to look like that girl. I don't think we've considered whether she's Patty--probably not, since she's Billy's crush and we don't want Billy's jealousy of Ben to be well-founded.

As for Elena, it remains to be seen whether Elena's still around since the universe was recreated, so going forward it'll be Patty. Although we may never see her. It was really just an obscure name to throw out, and a flashback with Kai would be more interesting anyway.

364Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 15 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 19th March 2013, 12:54 am

Ursalink

Plumber
Plumber

Thank you so much for the answer and the explanation, Mr Wayne. If you allow me to say:

+ I don't see why Billy's jealousy of Ben can't be well-founded. I mean, I like the comedy factor in Omniverse, but it's not so funny when it turns into a "cartoonish non-sense". Besides, as you describe it, it reminds me a lot something from "Danny Phantom"; another tv-show where you worked on. It really reminds me Vlad Plasmius's insane jealousy on Jack Fenton, who took "the love of his life" (Maddie) from him; so Plasmius tried to "compensate it" creating his own "Holo-Maddie". Now that was funny and creepy at the same time.

+ I really hope you will introduce Patty at some point in the future. Now I'm really interested in this character, even if she only makes a cameo.

+ Two of my favourites episodes in "Ultimate Alien" are the ones with Elena: "Revenge of the Swarm" and "The Perfect Girlfriend". The cliffhanger at the end of "The Perfect Girlfriend" intrigated me very much, so I really REALLY hope you will bring Elena back someday. I don't see why Elena shoud cease to exist after the universe was recreated. I mean, Ben wanted to create a perfect copy, so even although it's not 100% exact to the old one, I don't think Ben would have wanted to make anyone cease to exist. To prove that, Vilgax and Aggregor still exist.

Thank you again for the explanation, Mr Wayne. And I hope my comments didn't bother you. I just wanted to say my honest opinion.

365Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 15 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 19th March 2013, 12:57 am

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

Ursalink wrote:Thank you so much for the answer and the explanation, Mr Wayne. If you allow me to say:

+ I don't see why Billy's jealousy of Ben can't be well-founded. I mean, I like the comedy factor in Omniverse, but it's not so funny when it turns into a "cartoonish non-sense". Besides, as you describe it, it reminds me a lot something from "Danny Phantom"; another tv-show where you worked on. It really reminds me Vlad Plasmius's insane jealousy on Jack Fenton, who took "the love of his life" (Maddie) from him; so Plasmius tried to "compensate it" creating his own "Holo-Maddie". Now that was funny and creepy at the same time.

+ I really hope you will introduce Patty at some point in the future. Now I'm really interested in this character, even if she only makes a cameo.

+ Two of my favourites episodes in "Ultimate Alien" are the ones with Elena: "Revenge of the Swarm" and "The Perfect Girlfriend". The cliffhanger at the end of "The Perfect Girlfriend" intrigated me very much, so I really REALLY hope you will bring Elena back someday. I don't see why Elena shoud cease to exist after the universe was recreated. I mean, Ben wanted to create a perfect copy, so even although it's not 100% exact to the old one, I don't think Ben would have wanted to make anyone cease to exist. To prove that, Vilgax and Aggregor still exist.

Thank you again for the explanation, Mr Wayne. And I hope my comments didn't bother you. I just wanted to say my honest opinion.

Understood!

366Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 15 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 19th March 2013, 9:44 pm

Hawkeye & Hulk

Hawkeye & Hulk
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

1. Is the randomizer function still avaliable for Ben to use?

2. Did Azmuth unlock the Life Form Lock function and is it still avaliable to Ben?

3. Can you list a few things besides Primus that have been erased from continuality?

4. How did the Null Void Projector focus on the Way Bads? It shot them like a beam. This has never happened before.

5. How do you apply for a job to write for Cartoon Network, Marvel, or DC?

6. I have a big problem with this. The Incurseans took over the world too easily. Yes they had an army and Way Bads, but still. You must remember. All armies on the planet would be united against them. Not to mention the Plumbers. Also, super heroes and villains across the globe would fight them as well. I mean really, you think Hex, Dr. Animo, Rojo, Clancy, Darkstar, etc... just say around and didn't fight back? Not to mention the Forever Knights (If they are still an active group) So basically all inhabitents of Earth and several from other planets fighting an army of frogs. Unless they had the largest and most powerful army in the universe I see no way that they would win.

367Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 15 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 19th March 2013, 10:21 pm

ZeroRecoil

ZeroRecoil
Plumber
Plumber

Hawkeye & Hulk wrote:

6. I have a big problem with this. The Incurseans took over the world too easily. Yes they had an army and Way Bads, but still. You must remember. All armies on the planet would be united against them. Not to mention the Plumbers. Also, super heroes and villains across the globe would fight them as well. I mean really, you think Hex, Dr. Animo, Rojo, Clancy, Darkstar, etc... just say around and didn't fight back? Not to mention the Forever Knights (If they are still an active group) So basically all inhabitents of Earth and several from other planets fighting an army of frogs. Unless they had the largest and most powerful army in the universe I see no way that they would win.

Did you see those Incursean ships, there is no way that the enitirety of Earth's power would have been able to stand up to that, and to add to that I don't see why the villains of Earth are affected in anyway, most of them would have probably left with the evacuation of Undertown, the rest would've just continued on as normal, with the only change being that they could now pay off those in command when they did something wrong, the Incursean invasion was probably more of a positive thing for them.

368Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 15 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 20th March 2013, 1:06 am

Hawkeye & Hulk

Hawkeye & Hulk
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

1. Is a DC or Marvel crossover for Ben 10 in the future a possibility? I'm not saying this series or even the rumored T.G.I.S. crossover. But COULD it happen. With trademark rights and all that. Even in the comics not just the show.

2. Could you invite other cast members to answer questions on here? I know Derrick J. Wyatt is happy...I mean upset about the closing of Formspirng. Maybe you or we could invite him here. Maybe even one of the voice actors too. Paul Eiding is a really nice guy, maybe he would join in.

3. At the moment, who are the top 10 most wanted fugatives in the Ben 10 Universe? (You know like FBI's Most Wanted but instead Plumbers Most Wanted)

4. I know you guys are not allowed to read fanfiction or take in fan aliens. (I know I wouldn't want to. There are some aweful designs and fanfics out there) But would it be possible to send them in to Cartoon Network Studios, and show them to the producers? I personally write fanfiction all the time and I try as best as possible to go by mainstream continuality. Although I am the guy who wrote the whole "Epic Rap Battles of History: Ben 10 vs Superman" Paul Eiding, Yuri Lowenthol, and Charlotte Fullerton seemed to like it very much! If you would like to see it, I can post it here. I can show you the comments too. Anyway, I have a dream to write for Ben 10. (DC and Marvel too but I can wait)
And would like to submit my writings. (By mail of course) Is there a remote possibility of someone actually reading them or even contacting me if I do send them in?

369Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 15 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 20th March 2013, 3:04 am

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

Hawkeye & Hulk wrote:1. Is the randomizer function still avaliable for Ben to use?

2. Did Azmuth unlock the Life Form Lock function and is it still avaliable to Ben?

3. Can you list a few things besides Primus that have been erased from continuality?

4. How did the Null Void Projector focus on the Way Bads? It shot them like a beam. This has never happened before.

1. I don't think Ben has enough control to trigger the randomizer on purpose. The function still exists though.

2. Ben unlocked it with a code, but he didn't set it--that was Azmuth. Ben can't maintain a transformation.

3. No.

4. Opening a portal the size of a Waybad would have endangered Bellwood. Whether the projector needs to be set manually to accommodate something of that size or it automatically adjusted itself remains to be seen.

5. There are only a few hundred people writing for TV animation and making a living. There are many more people who want to do it. But with all writing, you write samples and get whoever you can to read them (not me!). It's not a strict meritocracy, but being able to write well gives some people an edge. There are a lot of books about doing that.

6. The Incurseans destroyed Pluto with one blast from a ship-mounted weapon. The armies of Earth know this. If you need to imagine off-camera carnage of the Mars Attacks! variety, feel free, but we're doing a kids show and have to imagine that nobody got hurt.

370Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 15 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 20th March 2013, 3:28 am

Hawkeye & Hulk

Hawkeye & Hulk
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

Matt Wayne wrote:
Hawkeye & Hulk wrote:1. Is the randomizer function still avaliable for Ben to use?

1. I don't think Ben has enough control to trigger the randomizer on purpose. The function still exists though.

2. Ben unlocked it with a code, but he didn't set it--that was Azmuth. Ben can't maintain a transformation.

3. No.

4. Opening a portal the size of a Waybad would have endangered Bellwood. Whether the projector needs to be set manually to accommodate something of that size or it automatically adjusted itself remains to be seen.

5. There are only a few hundred people writing for TV animation and making a living. There are many more people who want to do it. But with all writing, you write samples and get whoever you can to read them (not me!). It's not a strict meritocracy, but being able to write well gives some people an edge. There are a lot of books about doing that.

6. The Incurseans destroyed Pluto with one blast from a ship-mounted weapon. The armies of Earth know this. If you need to imagine off-camera carnage of the Mars Attacks! variety, feel free, but we're doing a kids show and have to imagine that nobody got hurt.
5. Could you tell me who I could send it to then? I read in a book that you send it to producers. So do I send it to Charlotte Fullerton or someone like that?

371Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 15 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 20th March 2013, 5:06 am

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

Hawkeye & Hulk wrote:
5. Could you tell me who I could send it to then? I read in a book that you send it to producers. So do I send it to Charlotte Fullerton or someone like that?

We don't read unsolicited specs. Some agents do, and so do some shows and publishers--you should do your own research.

I have counted on my credits and professional network to open doors for years now. You need to build those assets up for yourself.

I can't stress the networking aspect of the above enough. Look into local writers groups and professional organizations. Most writers (including myself) have poor social skills, but need to develop them. Getting out and having a professional/social circle is important for a) finding a dupe who will read your script and give you feedback, and b) analyzing contemporary writing (aka "bitching about the movie you just saw," which is fun in itself).

And even then, there's an element of luck. I'm doing this because I was an aspiring screenwriter and a good friend of a comedy writer/fanboy who heard of an opening at Marvel through his professional network, started pitching, and turned out to be the best writer of cartoon superheroes ever. It all might have gone another way.

372Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 15 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 20th March 2013, 5:41 am

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

Hawkeye & Hulk wrote:1. Is a DC or Marvel crossover for Ben 10 in the future a possibility? I'm not saying this series or even the rumored T.G.I.S. crossover. But COULD it happen. With trademark rights and all that. Even in the comics not just the show.

2. Could you invite other cast members to answer questions on here? I know Derrick J. Wyatt is happy...I mean upset about the closing of Formspirng. Maybe you or we could invite him here. Maybe even one of the voice actors too. Paul Eiding is a really nice guy, maybe he would join in.

3. At the moment, who are the top 10 most wanted fugatives in the Ben 10 Universe? (You know like FBI's Most Wanted but instead Plumbers Most Wanted)

4. I know you guys are not allowed to read fanfiction or take in fan aliens. (I know I wouldn't want to. There are some aweful designs and fanfics out there) But would it be possible to send them in to Cartoon Network Studios, and show them to the producers? I personally write fanfiction all the time and I try as best as possible to go by mainstream continuality. Although I am the guy who wrote the whole "Epic Rap Battles of History: Ben 10 vs Superman" Paul Eiding, Yuri Lowenthol, and Charlotte Fullerton seemed to like it very much! If you would like to see it, I can post it here. I can show you the comments too. Anyway, I have a dream to write for Ben 10. (DC and Marvel too but I can wait)
And would like to submit my writings. (By mail of course) Is there a remote possibility of someone actually reading them or even contacting me if I do send them in?

1. Yes it COULD happen. Star Wars and Star Trek and Real Housewives of Atlanta COULD cross over, the trademark and copyright issues would always be the same: That the various trademark and copyright holders have to agree to do it.

2. Mmmmaybe. It would be unprofessional and a little dorky of me to push it very hard.

3. You could name them as easily as I could. Vilgax definitely. As for who's in jail and who's out and who's escaped, we don't track that on a big board somewhere. We make it up as we go, based on where the character was the last time we saw them.

4. I'd rather you don't post them. Viewers send in their ideas for aliens all the time and while we appreciate their enthusiasm, the creative staff never see those for legal reasons. Beyond that, I've never gotten to make up an alien, so get in line, buddy.

373Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 15 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 20th March 2013, 1:53 pm

Kariachi

Kariachi
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

Matt Wayne wrote:
3. You could name them as easily as I could. Vilgax definitely.

Hedge, Vilgax is probably the whole Top Three.

"1) Vilgax
2) Seriously, Vilgax
3) Will somebody please just stop this ******** already?!"

374Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 15 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 20th March 2013, 3:22 pm

Alien Fan

Alien Fan
Human
Human

Is Ben going to turn 17 in Omniverse?

375Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 15 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 20th March 2013, 3:48 pm

Hawkeye & Hulk

Hawkeye & Hulk
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

Matt Wayne wrote:
Hawkeye & Hulk wrote:

We don't read unsolicited specs. Some agents do, and so do some shows and publishers--you should do your own research.

I have counted on my credits and professional network to open doors for years now. You need to build those assets up for yourself.

I can't stress the networking aspect of the above enough. Look into local writers groups and professional organizations. Most writers (including myself) have poor social skills, but need to develop them. Getting out and having a professional/social circle is important for a) finding a dupe who will read your script and give you feedback, and b) analyzing contemporary writing (aka "bitching about the movie you just saw," which is fun in itself).

And even then, there's an element of luck. I'm doing this because I was an aspiring screenwriter and a good friend of a comedy writer/fanboy who heard of an opening at Marvel through his professional network, started pitching, and turned out to be the best writer of cartoon superheroes ever. It all might have gone another way.
So basically I should write alot, make friends with writers, critque films, and work hard? I research this subject a ton but honestly its hard to find addresses and people who will listen. Also, many producers do not want to get swamped with stories and character idea. Right? Oh well. I want to do this for a living.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 43]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 29 ... 43  Next