Mad Men

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mad Men Empty Mad Men 21st May 2013, 7:40 pm

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

A very fine period piece. It's well-written and the visual style and imagery is brilliant.

I admit, not much even happens and it moves on quite slowly...but the subtlety is the beauty of it. It doesn't have a deep and gripping plot that just keeps moving forward, like Breaking Bad does. Instead, things happen gradually and longingly, but it does its job of portraying the lifestyle of the 60s, which is pretty much the point.

And I also admire the character of Don Draper, he's not a good man but he's almost an inspiration to me Razz

2Mad Men Empty Re: Mad Men 22nd May 2013, 3:07 am

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

I like this show, the recent stuff about MLK is really intriguing but I heard a few complaints that the characters have done so made questionable things in the past 4 seasons, that the fans are wondering if the viewers are tiring of the torturing of the characters or the constant transformations of the characters from likeable to strange, dark society

3Mad Men Empty Re: Mad Men 22nd May 2013, 9:22 am

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

mace23 wrote:I like this show, the recent stuff about MLK is really intriguing but I heard a few complaints that the characters have done so made questionable things in the past 4 seasons, that the fans are wondering if the viewers are tiring of the torturing of the characters or the constant transformations of the characters from likeable to strange, dark society
Still haven't gotten very far, I'm only into the first 2 seasons. But yeah, the characters are really amoral and have done a lot of things, but that's one of the show's main points, I guess. Could get a little tiring though.

Like I said, I'm not very far, but I do like though the character development, even when its built up slowly.

4Mad Men Empty Re: Mad Men 26th July 2013, 4:16 pm

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

I can't believe there ending Madmen about a year apart from Breaking Bad

wonder if they'll do a talk show about madmen

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum