12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Future of Ben 10 Empty Future of Ben 10 17th May 2014, 12:18 pm

The Username

The Username
Human
Human

It's been a good long while since I've been here, and thought I'd "come back" with a question I've been pondering lately: what is the future of Ben 10? How long will Omniverse go on, and what will come next. If they do a new series, what do you think/hope it would be like?

2Future of Ben 10 Empty Re: Future of Ben 10 17th May 2014, 2:07 pm

PeruAlonso

Plumber
Plumber

Here are my hopes for a possible 5th Ben 10 series.

1. Greg Weisman being a director for the show itself.

2. Ben being a 17 or 18 year old.

3. Ben's attitude being 50% cocky and 50% mature.

4. Jeff Bennett voicing Azmuth again.

5. Ben having the master control in the Omnitrix.

6. Gwen and Kevin getting married.

7. More Ben and Kai moments. (Hey, I actually support BenKai)

8. Charmcaster being an ally in Ben's team.

9. Voices from familiar actors like Will Friedle.

10. No bad luck for Ben.

3Future of Ben 10 Empty Re: Future of Ben 10 17th May 2014, 2:09 pm

The Username

The Username
Human
Human

I'm getting really tired of Ben not having control of the Omnitrix. It's getting REALLY old. I would like Ben to be older, and a bunch of other stuff, but mainly what I want is for the series to get dark again, like the first 2 seasons of Ultimate Alien.

4Future of Ben 10 Empty Re: Future of Ben 10 17th May 2014, 6:58 pm

Let Me Tell You Something

Plumber
Plumber

Master Control Ben just seems too powerful IMO. That(and marketing) might be why he's now been kept 16 for an incredibly long amount of time, since canonically he's supposed to get Master Control when 18. Him frequently getting the wrong transformation is somewhat old, but I think I'd prefer to see him get a weaker version of Master Control.

As for the darker tone, I think the ideal Ben 10 would be able to have an episode like Catch A Falling Star and Collect This without either one feeling out of place.

5Future of Ben 10 Empty Re: Future of Ben 10 17th May 2014, 8:08 pm

painlee

painlee
Magister
Magister

i want the next series to be less cartoony ,relies more on aliens that have less appearances and less of Four Arms,Humungousaur,Cannonbolt and XLR8.

Master Control would make Ben a Marty Stu since he would have a alien for every situation,plus i kind of like wend he have to come whit ideas and be creative wend a wrong alien get chosen.

6Future of Ben 10 Empty Re: Future of Ben 10 17th May 2014, 8:57 pm

Ebomnitrix

Ebomnitrix
Magister
Magister

I'm hoping in the next series that Ben ages to be a little older, I don't care if he's 17, and that they stop pushing Ben to becoming a Plumber instead of a superhero like they have in Omniverse.
Also that they keep Rook in the series so that Ben doesn't have to get a new team (for the third time) and I also like that idea.

For future stuff, I'm hoping OV ends up having a good final season and a proper finale unlike UA, since UA was more of a season finale.

As for the movie that was announced in 2011, I hope it comes out around 2016-2018 and production begins in 2015. All I gotta say from here

7Future of Ben 10 Empty Re: Future of Ben 10 17th May 2014, 10:39 pm

datdude

datdude
Plumber
Plumber

Im glad im not alone in my hopes for series 5.

8Future of Ben 10 Empty Re: Future of Ben 10 18th May 2014, 3:04 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Tsuchimikado Motoharu
Magister
Magister

i hope they stop using ben

9Future of Ben 10 Empty Re: Future of Ben 10 18th May 2014, 3:43 am

datdude

datdude
Plumber
Plumber

Tsuchimikado Motoharu wrote:i hope they stop using ben

I've actually wondered what a ben-less spinoff might look like.

10Future of Ben 10 Empty Re: Future of Ben 10 18th May 2014, 6:37 am

painlee

painlee
Magister
Magister

Tsuchimikado Motoharu wrote:i hope they stop using ben
and i hope they never stop using Ben.

11Future of Ben 10 Empty Re: Future of Ben 10 18th May 2014, 7:24 pm

The Wolf

The Wolf

I'd hope for it to be much more dark, somewhat like an anime, with blood, characters dying brutal deaths, sick plot twists and stuff. But of course that's not possible due to Ben 10 being a kids show.

EDIT: I just came to a conclusion that Rath would be a perfect transformation for such a bloody series' make-over.

12Future of Ben 10 Empty Re: Future of Ben 10 18th May 2014, 7:55 pm

The Username

The Username
Human
Human

The Wolf wrote:I'd hope for it to be much more dark, somewhat like an anime, with blood, characters dying brutal deaths, sick plot twists and stuff. But of course that's not possible due to Ben 10 being a kids show.

EDIT: I just came to a conclusion that Rath would be a perfect transformation for such a bloody series' make-over.

I wouldn't want it gory or anything. I have Game of Thrones for that. I did like it when there was some real suspense, though. Ah, the good ol' days of UAF. I miss them.

13Future of Ben 10 Empty Re: Future of Ben 10 18th May 2014, 9:24 pm

painlee

painlee
Magister
Magister

The Wolf wrote:I'd hope for it to be much more dark, somewhat like an anime, with blood, characters dying brutal deaths, sick plot twists and stuff. But of course that's not possible due to Ben 10 being a kids show.

Future of Ben 10 Facepalm

14Future of Ben 10 Empty Re: Future of Ben 10 19th May 2014, 3:07 am

datdude

datdude
Plumber
Plumber

I was thinking more "Young justice" and less 90's image comics

15Future of Ben 10 Empty Re: Future of Ben 10 19th May 2014, 5:17 am

The Wolf

The Wolf

painlee wrote:

Future of Ben 10 Facepalm
I appreciate your constructive criticism.

16Future of Ben 10 Empty Re: Future of Ben 10 20th May 2014, 1:23 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Tsuchimikado Motoharu
Magister
Magister

that sounds pretty awful. when exactly is the internet as a whole going to grow past the notion that dark is synonymous with good? it really isn't. it's not the opposite, of course, but what you're describing sounds like a tryhard approach at being MATURE. even uaf stayed kind of reasonable when dwelling into darker stuff (except for to catch a falling star. that was also a pretty tryhard approach at being MATURE, and i hope we never get anything like that ever again)

anyway yeah definitely need to stop using ben. if not altogether, at least this ben, or at least this continuity. it's pretty obvious by now that the franchise is saddled with way too much and that pretty much nothing satisfies fanboys anymore when stuff is reinterpreted (whether it be os>uaf, os>ov or uaf>ov) so shedding that and starting over from a different angle would be the way to go, i think. the franchise's going to be entering its tenth year next year, i think it's probably the time for a reboot

17Future of Ben 10 Empty Re: Future of Ben 10 20th May 2014, 4:27 am

AleSir19

AleSir19
Plumber
Plumber

Tsuchimikado Motoharu wrote:

that sounds pretty awful. when exactly is the internet as a whole going to grow past the notion that dark is synonymous with good? it really isn't. it's not the opposite, of course, but what you're describing sounds like a tryhard approach at being MATURE. even uaf stayed kind of reasonable when dwelling into darker stuff (except for to catch a falling star. that was also a pretty tryhard approach at being MATURE, and i hope we never get anything like that ever again)

anyway yeah definitely need to stop using ben. if not altogether, at least this ben, or at least this continuity. it's pretty obvious by now that the franchise is saddled with way too much and that pretty much nothing satisfies fanboys anymore when stuff is reinterpreted (whether it be os>uaf, os>ov or uaf>ov) so shedding that and starting over from a different angle would be the way to go, i think. the franchise's going to be entering its tenth year next year, i think it's probably the time for a reboot

Yes i think that after the big rrlaunch that Batman have with Nolan, and how "dark" that was, a lot of people became assholes, taking out all the good stuff of the superheroes... Batman is Dark because he is dark, but Superman is not dark, Flash cant be dark have to be funny, Iron Man cant be dark, the guardians of the galaxy...

What i try to say is that Ben 10 wasnt create like a dark series, later Af and UA killed all the created before and i dont know about how intrigue are you talking about, because i dont see any episode of AF or UA that have a little bit of intrigue, gore, strong actions or even darkness, in some kind of way somethings was way to more for childrens that before and a lot of thing dont have sense.

So to my the only Dark and Mature episode of Ben 10 (tha was OMG way too bad and way to out to the general tone of the episodes) is "Catching a Falling Star"... For me Ben is good with what he have now, a cool open Omnitrix that for a while could give to him any alien and new adventures.

For a 5 series i think the best is to make Derrick stay, make a little bit more mature ben with 17 years old and all new adventures...

18Future of Ben 10 Empty Re: Future of Ben 10 20th May 2014, 5:15 am

Plumber
Plumber

That was a pretty good episode. Simple examination of a character and interesting reinterpretation of a beforehand lackluster villain. Deaths just added a bit of suspense to what could've otherwise been the usual plots with no real sense of danger at times. I think it also helps that it's a unique episode - others made like it might ruin it though I'm not sure. Shame they probably won't be allowed to make something like that again and Omniverse definitely couldn't.

Ben 10 can never really go into the realm of bad grimdark stuff so long as the censors are in effect. The show doesn't need to be darker though a broader spectrum of possible episodes would be better as I said already - being a smarter series generally has the intended effect people who want blood and the such are aiming for. The original wasn't exactly dark but still had some captivating and mature elements and a good balance.

19Future of Ben 10 Empty Re: Future of Ben 10 20th May 2014, 1:17 pm

The Wolf

The Wolf

that sounds pretty awful. when exactly is the internet as a whole going to grow past the notion that dark is synonymous with good? it really isn't.
I never stated it's good. It's just my opinion. Oh, that's right, this is the internet. You say your opinion and people are just face-palming all over the place or saying how sh*tty it is.

20Future of Ben 10 Empty Re: Future of Ben 10 21st May 2014, 1:44 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Tsuchimikado Motoharu
Magister
Magister

The Wolf wrote:

that sounds pretty awful. when exactly is the internet as a whole going to grow past the notion that dark is synonymous with good? it really isn't.
I never stated it's good. It's just my opinion. Oh, that's right, this is the internet. You say your opinion and people are just face-palming all over the place or saying how sh*tty it is.

ok? sorry for disagreeing with your opinion and replying with a different one, bro.

21Future of Ben 10 Empty Re: Future of Ben 10 21st May 2014, 6:49 am

The Wolf

The Wolf

The Wolf wrote:

ok? sorry for disagreeing with your opinion and replying with a different one, bro.
I don't think you understood what I meant, but whatever. Let's finish this nonsense. It will be better for all of us.

22Future of Ben 10 Empty Re: Future of Ben 10 21st May 2014, 11:40 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Tsuchimikado Motoharu
Magister
Magister

The Wolf wrote:
The Wolf wrote:

I don't think you understood what I meant, but whatever. Let's finish this nonsense. It will be better for all of us.

uh huh

23Future of Ben 10 Empty Re: Future of Ben 10 22nd May 2014, 1:31 am

ultraalien

Plumber
Plumber

If a future Ben 10 series were to have a TV PG rating like some cartoon network shows it would allow the producers and writers more creative freedom.

24Future of Ben 10 Empty Re: Future of Ben 10 22nd May 2014, 1:55 am

Ebomnitrix

Ebomnitrix
Magister
Magister

ultraalien wrote:If a future Ben 10 series were to have a TV PG rating like some cartoon network shows it would allow the producers and writers more creative freedom.
Yes, that would be so much better, or be more like: TV PG VL, the language part is impossible but they have managed to do PG V before with Generator Rex, Young Justice, and Star Wars

25Future of Ben 10 Empty Re: Future of Ben 10 22nd May 2014, 2:05 am

ultraalien

Plumber
Plumber

Ebomnitrix wrote:
ultraalien wrote:If a future Ben 10 series were to have a TV PG rating like some cartoon network shows it would allow the producers and writers more creative freedom.
Yes, that would be so much better, or be more like: TV PG VL, the language part is impossible but they have managed to do PG V before with Generator Rex, Young Justice, and Star Wars
They also done this with two Ben 10 movies and a Generator Rex Ben 10 crossover but the L part is not going to happen So I think cartoon network can get away with a TV PG rating for Ben 10.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum