In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Message from Charlotte McDuffie

+2
Zero Degrees
Doctor Admino
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Message from Charlotte McDuffie Empty Message from Charlotte McDuffie 10th September 2012, 4:08 pm

Doctor Admino

Doctor Admino
Admin

Fantastic news. (at least for me)
I didn't think this day would come, it seems our forum has reached the attention of Dwayne McDuffie's wife: Charlotte (Fullerton) McDuffie
She has personally sent me this private message:

Hi.

I just wanted to personally thank whoever set up this temporary home for the community of fans from dwaynemcduffie.com to be able to continue gathering together somewhere online until we can finish getting my husband's site redesigned and up and running in its new form.

I know it will take some getting used to, because change can be difficult and, yes, the site is going to be different--as everything without Dwayne in the world has been and will be forever now :'( --but dwaynemcduffie.com will ALWAYS be DWAYNE'S site, and its new form will include several features that Dwayne himself had been wanting to implement...

Thank you again for keeping the dwaynemcduffie.com community together here... and a special thank you to all of the posters on this site who ever interacted thoughtfully and respectfully with my husband in his forums. As busy as he was, Dwayne devoted an inordinate amount of his time to answering your questions there--between meetings, on airplanes, even at the breakfast table--he so greatly appreciated your enthusiasm and support of his work. So do I.

On a personal note: Thank you all for keeping him alive in your memories...

Sincerely,

-Charlotte (Fullerton) McDuffie
(aka Dwayne's "McSpouse")

Hopefully she doesn't mind me posting this message here. I'll keep this short because I'm not too good with words. I just want to say that my heart stopped for a while while I was reading this, it made my day, no, my month. I never needed any thanks in the first place, I'm doing all of this because I love Dwayne's work, Ben 10 and more importantly: the community he created. I couldn't have possibly let it die, his forum was like a home to me, I always felt good on it in a way you don't normally do because of a site/forum. In short, I'm doing my best to thanks Dwayne McDuffie for all he has done and keep his memory alive. I'm looking forward to Dwayne's new forum and I'm sure many people here do as well!  Very Happy

Last edited by Doctor Admino on 21st December 2012, 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total

https://ben10.forumotion.co.uk

2Message from Charlotte McDuffie Empty Re: Message from Charlotte McDuffie 12th September 2012, 11:04 am

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

I was so shocked and very happy to see this. Not good with words either but I'm so happy to be part of a community like this and being friends with all of you guys. I have had a lot of memories on the older site and this forum. I also really respect Ben 10, Justice League and many of Dwayne's work. He was truly a good man.

Basically this forum also became like a home to me too. It's the first site I would check and I always get different emotions when posting with the community: a feeling I usually only feel in real life. We know each other online mostly but I consider all of us friends. I'm really looking forward to the new forum.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

3Message from Charlotte McDuffie Empty Re: Message from Charlotte McDuffie 12th September 2012, 11:43 am

Helices

Helices
Human
Human

This made me look back and remember how fun the last couple of years have been being a participant in this forum, and how nice it was in the beginning.....

Ben 10: Alien Force just started, Dwayne was answering a lot of questions with interesting retorts which seemed to hint at the new plots to come, we had all just started getting to know each other.....

I miss that a lot. I miss Dwayne.

Hopefully we can make the new forum similar to how it was before.

4Message from Charlotte McDuffie Empty Re: Message from Charlotte McDuffie 23rd September 2012, 2:31 am

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Fireal wrote:This made me look back and remember how fun the last couple of years have been being a participant in this forum, and how nice it was in the beginning.....

Ben 10: Alien Force just started, Dwayne was answering a lot of questions with interesting retorts which seemed to hint at the new plots to come, we had all just started getting to know each other.....

I miss that a lot. I miss Dwayne.

Hopefully we can make the new forum similar to how it was before.
Yeah...I miss that a lot too...I just realized how much we've really matured since those times. It's still fun around here but it's a really different brand of fun nowadays.

And does anyone have any news about the new forum??

5Message from Charlotte McDuffie Empty Re: Message from Charlotte McDuffie 23rd September 2012, 12:13 pm

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

Well, this message is all the news we got.
And we are not 10 anymore, of course things changed. Hopefully someone like Z-man or whatever his name was from back in the day will come and random things up.

6Message from Charlotte McDuffie Empty Re: Message from Charlotte McDuffie 23rd September 2012, 12:23 pm

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Sebastian13 wrote:Well, this message is all the news we got.
And we are not 10 anymore, of course things changed. Hopefully someone like Z-man or whatever his name was from back in the day will come and random things up.
Of course things changed. But it's really interesting looking back at the past from now.

It was Zuperman, I think. Not sure. Oh no...what if he's matured too?

7Message from Charlotte McDuffie Empty Re: Message from Charlotte McDuffie 23rd September 2012, 12:29 pm

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

Zero Degrees wrote:
Sebastian13 wrote:Well, this message is all the news we got.
Of course things changed. But it's really interesting looking back at the past from now.

It was Zuperman, I think. Not sure. Oh no...what if he's matured too?
Yes, Zuperman. My memory is leaving me. Laughing
Everyone matures but I'm guessing he is still more or less the same.

8Message from Charlotte McDuffie Empty Re: Message from Charlotte McDuffie 10th October 2012, 2:51 am

Turbojake252

Turbojake252
Plumber
Plumber

I loved the last site so I know I'll love this site!
I agree with everything she said, and it inspires me too!
When I grow up I want to be just like Mr. McDuffie! Very Happy

9Message from Charlotte McDuffie Empty RIP 19th October 2012, 1:49 am

beczam129

Human
Human

AW Miss you dwayne

10Message from Charlotte McDuffie Empty Re: Message from Charlotte McDuffie 29th October 2012, 5:04 am

Turbojake252

Turbojake252
Plumber
Plumber

beczam129 wrote:AW Miss you dwayne
We all do bud Crying or Very sad Sad

11Message from Charlotte McDuffie Empty Re: Message from Charlotte McDuffie 2nd November 2012, 5:42 am

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Wait, I forgot to ask, how did you get the personal message? Does she have an account here?

12Message from Charlotte McDuffie Empty Re: Message from Charlotte McDuffie 2nd November 2012, 12:36 pm

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

Zero Degrees wrote:Wait, I forgot to ask, how did you get the personal message? Does she have an account here?

I think you can send messages to the admin without having an account. But I have no idea how exactly she did it. Laughing

13Message from Charlotte McDuffie Empty Re: Message from Charlotte McDuffie 2nd November 2012, 12:40 pm

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Sebastian13 wrote:
Zero Degrees wrote:Wait, I forgot to ask, how did you get the personal message? Does she have an account here?

I think you can send messages to the admin without having an account. But I have no idea how exactly she did it. Laughing
Laughing But you got it on this site, right?

14Message from Charlotte McDuffie Empty Re: Message from Charlotte McDuffie 2nd November 2012, 2:19 pm

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

Zero Degrees wrote:
Sebastian13 wrote:

Laughing But you got it on this site, right?

Yes. of course. Laughing
Where else could she find me?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum