BelBen10OV
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

ZeroRecoil

ZeroRecoil
Plumber
Plumber

MaskedKitsune wrote:THE FROGS OF WAR SPOILERS AND TALKBACK  - Page 2 Ben-10-Omniverse

Apparently, Ben unlocks an Incursion form.

So, lets talk about this.

First of all, if the article is correct and this is a Ben alien, it should be noted that he isn't wearing omnitrix clothing, the most obvious reason for this is that this is a disguise for sneaking into Emperor Milleous' ship, as we see him there in the special promo (EDIT: Or, the Incursions capture Ben, mind control him, dress him like this, and send him to fight his friends on Earth, hence why he's missing).

Secondly, for those who might be disbelievers in this, remember back to when Derrick suggested a romantic involvement between Ben and the Arc 3 villain. Examining Ben and Attea's current relationship, this doesn't seem possible. However, this would be the perfect motivation for this to occur. Especially since "BattleToad" has the most, what's the best way of saying this, currently-accepted-male-attractiveness figure of any form Ben has ever had.
He's a sexy frog, is what I'm saying.

Finally, I would like to state my feelings on this: first of all, having a villain beaten using their own powers is always incredibly cool, and its something that Ben 10 as a show has the ability to do, and do well.
But secondly, an Incursion form, long term, isn't going to do much. Can you think of one ability that Battle Toad would have that couldn't be matched toe for toe by Wildmutt or Kickin Hawk. Apart from the tongue I guess.

Anyway guys, I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions on this.

Ebomnitrix

Ebomnitrix
Magister
Magister

It's not a Ben alien, it's a bad guy... no green eyes, no green costume, no symbol = a bad guy

Uncle Grandpa

Uncle Grandpa
Magister
Magister

Ebomnitrix wrote:It's not a Ben alien, it's a bad guy... no green eyes, no green costume, no symbol = a bad guy

Well, there are no eyes visible at all. The trix could be on his foot or somewhere. And not all aliens have green costumes (Artic, for example).

http://shrek.com

Katara

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

Ebomnitrix wrote:It's not a Ben alien, it's a bad guy... no green eyes, no green costume, no symbol = a bad guy

I agree

Ebomnitrix

Ebomnitrix
Magister
Magister

OprahWinfrey62 wrote:

Well, there are no eyes visible at all. The trix could be on his foot or somewhere. And not all aliens have green costumes (Artic, for example).

Okay, the Omnitrix would never be on his foot, and only a bad guy would look like that, or an ally. But still that would never be Ben as an Incursion.

They only hinted there would be a new alien in Frogs of War, not saying Ben turns an Incursion, although that would be cool, i highly doubt will see anything like that...

Uncle Grandpa

Uncle Grandpa
Magister
Magister

Ebomnitrix wrote:
OprahWinfrey62 wrote:

Okay, the Omnitrix would never be on his foot, and only a bad guy would look like that, or an ally. But still that would never be Ben as an Incursion.

They only hinted there would be a new alien in Frogs of War, not saying Ben turns an Incursion!

Again, Articguana

Everyone thinks that it's Ben because the website it was found on said it was. I agree that it doesn't really look Ben, but I guess we'll have to wait and see

http://shrek.com

verbomaniac

Plumber
Plumber

At first I felt skeptical. But when I went to the website and saw that it said he was a new Ben alien I have to hope. On a side note, the glasses might be a way to hide Bens green eyes.
http://www.nickandmore.com/2013/03/12/this-weekend-is-ben-10-boot-camp-on-cartoon-network/

Katara

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

Ebomnitrix wrote:
OprahWinfrey62 wrote:

They only hinted there would be a new alien in Frogs of War, not saying Ben turns an Incursion, although that would be cool, i highly doubt will see anything like that...

gree, They did not mention that it is one Incursion, because all of the images that were believed Ben

ZeroRecoil

ZeroRecoil
Plumber
Plumber

I said it before but it seems as though people on this forum run away at the sight of a block of text.

The whole costume could very well be a disguise, so that Ben can sneak past the Incursions by looking like them, the glasses support this, as they would hide his green eyes.

painlee

painlee
Magister
Magister

ZeroRecoil wrote:

I said it before but it seems as though people on this forum run away at the sight of a block of text.

The whole costume could very well be a disguise, so that Ben can sneak past the Incursions by looking like them, the glasses support this, as they would hide his green eyes.

yeah the glassed make it look like it a disguise.

Ursalink

Plumber
Plumber

Hmm, honestly, ZeroRecoil; the truth is, I have been thinking about similar things to the ones you mentioned. In fact, I think we could be right about something.

First of all, it called my attention the picture with Ben's Incursian form. I thought the same thing as you: if this is a new alien form for Ben, then where on the Earth is the Omnitrix's symbol? Every single alien form has the Omnitrix's symbol in some part of its body. Then, I though the same thing as you; maybe Incursian-Ben knocked out one of the Incursian soldiers, took its uniform and use it to infiltrate in the enemy's lines. Since the "green-pupiless eyes" are another sign of every alien form Ben uses, maybe that's the reason why he's using the sunglasses, to hide the other sign that can reveal his real identity. Actually, a pretty good plan to come from Ben; although he did something similar back in "Too Hot to Handle", when he used Water Hazard's form to impersonate Bivalvan to trick Pandor. Ben's really getting cunning... sometimes.

The truth is that I have been thinking about the idea of Ben getting an Incursian form since a long time ago. You see, if the hero calls himself "Ben 10", I think the new alien forms he gets must come in groups of 10. However, some of these lists have never been "completed". You see:
+ Originals (10): Wildmutt, Fourarms, GreyMatter, XLR8, Upgrade, Diamondhead, Ripjaws, Stinkfly, Ghostfreak and Heatblast.
+ Original Bonus (9): Cannonbolt, Wildvine, Benwolf, Benmummy, BenVicktor, Eye Guy, Way Big, Ditto and UpChuck. (Eon's form doesn't count because he's not a real alien).
+ Ben 10000's aliens (8 aliens): Spitter, Buzzshock, Articguana, Atomix, Toepick, Shellhead, Snakepit and Sandbox.
+ AF New Aliens (10): Swampfire, Echo Echo, Humungousaur, Big Chill, Spidermonkey, Goop, Brainstorm, Jetray, Chromastone and Alien X.
+ AF Bonus (3): Lodestar, Rath and Nanomech. (There are 5 counting Rocks and Squidstrictor).

So, I have been thinking about "complementary alien forms" that Ben could have to fill the empty spaces in these lists. The Incursians are one of them, although I had some doubts with such ugly looks. Anyway, I think the Incursians have actually more natural abilities than just their tongues. You see, most of Ben's alien forms are based in other superheroes: Heatblast - the Human Torch, Spidermonkey - Spiderman (or its equivalent in "Marvel Apes"), Humungousaur - maybe the Thing, XLR8/Fasttrack - Flash... etc. So, which "superhero" could be compared with an Incursian? I have one: the Toad, from Marvel comics. OK, he's not really a hero, but a villain; however, I think it's the most suitable to give us ideas about which powers could have an Incursian. (I guess they depend so much of their technology and weapons that they have forgotten their natural abilities). Anyway, since they based of frogs/toads, I think these are the possible powers for an Incursian:
+ Elongated prehensile tongue.
+ Superhuman leg and tongue strength and endurance, agility, reflexes, coordination, balance, and leaping ability. (Obviously, leaping frog).
+ Regenerative healing factor. (They could, since they are constantly in battle).
+ Can stick to walls. (Adhesice mucus).
+ Ability to expel gusts of air from lungs. (Big "croaks").
+ Psychoactive venom secretion.
+ Paralyzing mucus secretion.
+ Adhesive spit.
+ Expert kickboxer. (You know, with leaping legs, strong leg's muscles, powerful kicks).
+ Acuatic abilities, expert swimmer and underwater breathing.

So, with all this, even although is a little gross, I think an Incursian form could be useful to Ben. It also got my attention the fact that this "Incursian Ben" looks much more "handsome" that the "standard Incursian". It's almost like the Omnitrix takes any DNAlien and "perfect it" in the best possible way. Just like when Ben scanned Liam and gained Kickin Hawk; and while Liam looks like a ridiculous mix between chicken and pidgeon, Kickin Hawk looks like an intimidating hawk with some rooster's features. I also think that "Battletoad" could the perfect name for this new alien form; but since it's also the name of another franchise with the same name (one that it seems a lame parody of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"), I guess they will have to use a different name for this one. Maybe "BattleFrog"? Not the most original variation, I admit; but I don't think there's a reason to complicate things unnecessarily.

By the way, where did Derrick suggest a romantic involvement between Ben and the Arc 3 villain? I would like to see it "in person". You see, I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but the very first time I saw Attea in her Omniverse's design, I thought she was actually kind of hot, for an alien-frog princess from another planet. And after seeing the look of Ben's Incursian form, I think that could be the perfect mate for a female Incursian like Attea. Even if Ben uses his Incursian form to trick and defeat Attea, something tells me she would still be in love with Ben at the end. (Or at least, with his Incursian form). Yeah, sure, she's a greedy "alien-frog warrior princess" obsessed with power; but she's also a teenager. And something tells me that, even between different species through the galaxy, teenagers share almost the same patterns everywhere. Now that I think of it, this could be exactly like Looma's case, when she fell in love with Ben (or at least, with his Fourarms form). Maybe this is the reason why they have delayed "Rules of Engagement" for so much time? Could Attea and Looma's crushes on Ben have something to do with the next arc? I think Derrick mentioned something about "Rules of Engagement" being related to the 4th arc or something. If I'm right, then I can't wait to see this.

Finally, I don't think Ben will be mind controlled here. Like I said in another topic, I also suspect that the rest of Psychobos' mind control serum will play an important role in this arc's finale, "The Frogs of War". I had doubts about if Attea would use the serum on Ben or on her father. However, since she seems to have been planning the whole thing from a time ago, I think the most logical thing to suppose is that she will use it on her father. By her last words in the episode "Vilgax Must Croak", it's obvious that she's planning to overthrow his father again, just like she tried in "Alien Force". And she claims to be "older and wiser" now, I doubt she thinks that overthrowing her father by force is the best way. I mean, if Earth is the Incursians next target, why would she waste the mind control's serum on Ben? Attea clearly knows that Ben will attack his father and his army to protect his home planet at any cost. So, she only has to wait for her chance, allow Ben to weaken her father, and then use the mind control serum on him; allowing her to overthrow his father and become the new empress of the empire. Doesn't sound this the most logical thing to do?

Well, what do you think of my "analysis"?

verbomaniac

Plumber
Plumber

Ursalink wrote:Hmm, honestly, ZeroRecoil; the truth is, I have been thinking about similar things to the ones you mentioned. In fact, I think we could be right about something.

First of all, it called my attention the picture with Ben's Incursian form. I thought the same thing as you: if this is a new alien form for Ben, then where on the Earth is the Omnitrix's symbol? Every single alien form has the Omnitrix's symbol in some part of its body. Then, I though the same thing as you; maybe Incursian-Ben knocked out one of the Incursian soldiers, took its uniform and use it to infiltrate in the enemy's lines. Since the "green-pupiless eyes" are another sign of every alien form Ben uses, maybe that's the reason why he's using the sunglasses, to hide the other sign that can reveal his real identity. Actually, a pretty good plan to come from Ben; although he did something similar back in "Too Hot to Handle", when he used Water Hazard's form to impersonate Bivalvan to trick Pandor. Ben's really getting cunning... sometimes.

The truth is that I have been thinking about the idea of Ben getting an Incursian form since a long time ago. You see, if the hero calls himself "Ben 10", I think the new alien forms he gets must come in groups of 10. However, some of these lists have never been "completed". You see:
+ Originals (10): Wildmutt, Fourarms, GreyMatter, XLR8, Upgrade, Diamondhead, Ripjaws, Stinkfly, Ghostfreak and Heatblast.
+ Original Bonus (9): Cannonbolt, Wildvine, Benwolf, Benmummy, BenVicktor, Eye Guy, Way Big, Ditto and UpChuck. (Eon's form doesn't count because he's not a real alien).
+ Ben 10000's aliens (8 aliens): Spitter, Buzzshock, Articguana, Atomix, Toepick, Shellhead, Snakepit and Sandbox.
+ AF New Aliens (10): Swampfire, Echo Echo, Humungousaur, Big Chill, Spidermonkey, Goop, Brainstorm, Jetray, Chromastone and Alien X.
+ AF Bonus (3): Lodestar, Rath and Nanomech. (There are 5 counting Rocks and Squidstrictor).

So, I have been thinking about "complementary alien forms" that Ben could have to fill the empty spaces in these lists. The Incursians are one of them, although I had some doubts with such ugly looks. Anyway, I think the Incursians have actually more natural abilities than just their tongues. You see, most of Ben's alien forms are based in other superheroes: Heatblast - the Human Torch, Spidermonkey - Spiderman (or its equivalent in "Marvel Apes"), Humungousaur - maybe the Thing, XLR8/Fasttrack - Flash... etc. So, which "superhero" could be compared with an Incursian? I have one: the Toad, from Marvel comics. OK, he's not really a hero, but a villain; however, I think it's the most suitable to give us ideas about which powers could have an Incursian. (I guess they depend so much of their technology and weapons that they have forgotten their natural abilities). Anyway, since they based of frogs/toads, I think these are the possible powers for an Incursian:
+ Superhuman leg and tongue strength and endurance, agility, reflexes, coordination, balance, and leaping ability. (Obviously, leaping frog).
+ Regenerative healing factor. (They could, since they are constantly in battle).
+ Adhesive spit.
+ Expert kickboxer. (You know, with leaping legs, strong leg's muscles, powerful kicks).

So, with all this, even although is a little gross, I think an Incursian form could be useful to Ben. It also got my attention the fact that this "Incursian Ben" looks much more "handsome" that the "standard Incursian". It's almost like the Omnitrix takes any DNAlien and "perfect it" in the best possible way. Just like when Ben scanned Liam and gained Kickin Hawk; and while Liam looks like a ridiculous mix between chicken and pidgeon, Kickin Hawk looks like an intimidating hawk with some rooster's features. I also think that "Battletoad" could the perfect name for this new alien form; but since it's also the name of another franchise with the same name (one that it seems a lame parody of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"), I guess they will have to use a different name for this one. Maybe "BattleFrog"? Not the most original variation, I admit; but I don't think there's a reason to complicate things unnecessarily.

By the way, where did Derrick suggest a romantic involvement between Ben and the Arc 3 villain? I would like to see it "in person". You see, I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but the very first time I saw Attea in her Omniverse's design, I thought she was actually kind of hot, for an alien-frog princess from another planet. And after seeing the look of Ben's Incursian form, I think that could be the perfect mate for a female Incursian like Attea. Even if Ben uses his Incursian form to trick and defeat Attea, something tells me she would still be in love with Ben at the end. (Or at least, with his Incursian form). Yeah, sure, she's a greedy "alien-frog warrior princess" obsessed with power; but she's also a teenager. And something tells me that, even between different species through the galaxy, teenagers share almost the same patterns everywhere. Now that I think of it, this could be exactly like Looma's case, when she fell in love with Ben (or at least, with his Fourarms form). Maybe this is the reason why they have delayed "Rules of Engagement" for so much time? Could Attea and Looma's crushes on Ben have something to do with the next arc? I think Derrick mentioned something about "Rules of Engagement" being related to the 4th arc or something. If I'm right, then I can't wait to see this.

Finally, I don't think Ben will be mind controlled here. Like I said in another topic, I also suspect that the rest of Psychobos' mind control serum will play an important role in this arc's finale, "The Frogs of War". I had doubts about if Attea would use the serum on Ben or on her father. However, since she seems to have been planning the whole thing from a time ago, I think the most logical thing to suppose is that she will use it on her father. By her last words in the episode "Vilgax Must Croak", it's obvious that she's planning to overthrow his father again, just like she tried in "Alien Force". And she claims to be "older and wiser" now, I doubt she thinks that overthrowing her father by force is the best way. I mean, if Earth is the Incursians next target, why would she waste the mind control's serum on Ben? Attea clearly knows that Ben will attack his father and his army to protect his home planet at any cost. So, she only has to wait for her chance, allow Ben to weaken her father, and then use the mind control serum on him; allowing her to overthrow his father and become the new empress of the empire. Doesn't sound this the most logical thing to do?

I am not sure about all of those powers but I really like your idea about the mind control.

ZeroRecoil

ZeroRecoil
Plumber
Plumber

Ursalink wrote:Hmm, honestly, ZeroRecoil; the truth is, I have been thinking about similar things to the ones you mentioned. In fact, I think we could be right about something.

+ Adhesive spit.

I also think that "Battletoad" could the perfect name for this new alien form; but since it's also the name of another franchise with the same name (one that it seems a lame parody of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"), I guess they will have to use a different name for this one. Maybe "BattleFrog"? Not the most original variation, I admit; but I don't think there's a reason to complicate things unnecessarily.

Your analysis seems good, and I admit that the theory where Attea uses the serum on her father has much more ground. Although I cannot see your hope in the Incursion form being anything special long term. We've seen the Incursions in action, and at most "BattleToad" will get the tongue, basic hand to hand combat skills, and perhaps an affinity with weapons.

The Battle Toad franchise was actually a game with very little to do with Ninja Turtles, renowned for its difficulty, although I believe that the Cartoon was a rip off of the turtles. I know that our "BattleToad" can never be "Battletoad", but the name is as good as any until we get an official name.

Also, I can't be bothered to look for that Derrick quote, that was back before Showdown and it may not exist in the first place, so I'm sorry about that.

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Tsuchimikado Motoharu
Magister
Magister

Yeah I still don't believe for a second that this is a new alien. Every explanation conjured so far is rather contrived.

The simplest and most acceptable explanation is: they just messed up.

ZeroRecoil

ZeroRecoil
Plumber
Plumber

Lodestar's Advocate wrote:Yeah I still don't believe for a second that this is a new alien. Every explanation conjured so far is rather contrived.

The simplest and most acceptable explanation is: they just messed up.

At this point, I would agree if not one piece of evidence.
And that is, that we've had this picture for like half a day, and I have had yet to see this all night.
http://files-cdn.formspring.me/photos/20130311/n513e58b714d8a.gif

But I could still be wrong, and either way, come Saturday, things will get interesting around here.

verbomaniac

Plumber
Plumber

I really like the Omniverse aliens so far, they are doing a lot for the franchise. For instance, if this alien is real it will be the second alien in the series to be scanned from a recurring villain that was used against a same alien from that species. (Sorry, I put that in a confusing way but i couldn't think of another way to put it.) The only other one was Kickin Hawk, also from this series. The closest any other series has come would be Benwolf from OS. I don't know if anybody else cares but I thought it was interesting.

painlee

painlee
Magister
Magister

the Incursion alien could be a civilian alien like The Worst,Pesky Dust and Molestache rather than a hero one.

Zybloks

Human
Human

verbomaniac wrote:I really like the Omniverse aliens so far, they are doing a lot for the franchise. For instance, if this alien is real it will be the second alien in the series to be scanned from a recurring villain that was used against a same alien from that species. (Sorry, I put that in a confusing way but i couldn't think of another way to put it.) The only other one was Kickin Hawk, also from this series. The closest any other series has come would be Benwolf from OS. I don't know if anybody else cares but I thought it was interesting.

Wait yeah, the nearest is Kickin Hawk but even ChamAlien, Benmummy, Benvicktor, Ghostfreak too!, Nanomech, Water Hazard, Terraspin, NRG, AmpFibian are kind of in the same category. Excluding Armodrillo bcoz he was their friend.

verbomaniac

Plumber
Plumber

Zybloks wrote:
verbomaniac wrote:I really like the Omniverse aliens so far, they are doing a lot for the franchise. For instance, if this alien is real it will be the second alien in the series to be scanned from a recurring villain that was used against a same alien from that species. (Sorry, I put that in a confusing way but i couldn't think of another way to put it.) The only other one was Kickin Hawk, also from this series. The closest any other series has come would be Benwolf from OS. I don't know if anybody else cares but I thought it was interesting.

Wait yeah, the nearest is Kickin Hawk but even ChamAlien, Benmummy, Benvicktor, Ghostfreak too!, Nanomech, Water Hazard, Terraspin, NRG, AmpFibian are kind of in the same category. Excluding Armodrillo bcoz he was their friend.
I realize that my explanation was confusing. What I meant was that the scanned alien was used against an enemy of the same species. I don't think that any of the aliens above actually fought against the aliens they were scanned from except Nanomech. I had forgotten about him.

painlee

painlee
Magister
Magister

Ursalink wrote:

So, with all this, even although is a little gross, I think an Incursian form could be useful to Ben. It also got my attention the fact that this "Incursian Ben" looks much more "handsome" that the "standard Incursian". It's almost like the Omnitrix takes any DNAlien and "perfect it" in the best possible way.
Mcduffie said that the omnitrix have the prime individual DNA of its species.

Zybloks

Human
Human

painlee wrote:
Ursalink wrote:

So, with all this, even although is a little gross, I think an Incursian form could be useful to Ben. It also got my attention the fact that this "Incursian Ben" looks much more "handsome" that the "standard Incursian". It's almost like the Omnitrix takes any DNAlien and "perfect it" in the best possible way.

Yeah, and scanning just unlocks it, not adds it, which can otherwise be done by unlocking the FULL ACCESS MASTER CONTROL which could be devastating if the user is not mature enough/has the full control over the device. Very Happy

painlee

painlee
Magister
Magister

Zybloks wrote:
painlee wrote:
Ursalink wrote:

Yeah, and scanning just unlocks it, not adds it, which can otherwise be done by unlocking the FULL ACCESS MASTER CONTROL which could be devastating if the user is not mature enough/has the full control over the device. Very Happy
excerpt for NRG,Armodrillo,AmpFibian,Water Hazard and Nanomech , they were added.

ZeroRecoil

ZeroRecoil
Plumber
Plumber

painlee wrote:
Zybloks wrote:
painlee wrote:
Ursalink wrote:

excerpt for NRG,Armodrillo,AmpFibian,Water Hazard and Nanomech , they were added.

Yeah, but in those cases, the UA designers got lazy there was no previous omnitrix data stored in the Codon Stream.

Ebomnitrix

Ebomnitrix
Magister
Magister

The Incursion isn't the new alien
it's Snare-Oh/Benmummy
You'll see on Saturday...

painlee

painlee
Magister
Magister

ZeroRecoil wrote:
painlee wrote:
Zybloks wrote:
painlee wrote:
Ursalink wrote:

Yeah, but in those cases, the UA designers got lazy there was no previous omnitrix data stored in the Codon Stream.

no they dint NRG,Armodrillo,AmpFibian,Water Hazard species are from Aldromeda galaxy and Nanomech is unknown, the plumber did not knew about it so it probably that the Nanochips are from outside the Milky Way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum