17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 13]

201Off-Topic  - Page 9 Empty Re: Off-Topic 10th June 2012, 7:55 am

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

First-Psykon wrote:School's just started here 3 days ago, and for 3 days we basically did nothing. The teachers weren't introduced, so most of us except for the officers were just inside the room, completely bored.
School's just about to end here,2 more weeks.

202Off-Topic  - Page 9 Empty Re: Off-Topic 10th June 2012, 8:01 am

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

School's in one or two months! Very Happy

Speaking of that, I'm really stumped right now. I'm entering 10th grade and you have to pick an area to specialize in for college, I think and I don't really know what to choose...The choices are Science, Math, Language and English. It's a hell no for Math. My parents want me to pick science but I'm not the best in that. The only choices left seem to be Language and English but I'm not sure if there's anything good headed that way.

203Off-Topic  - Page 9 Empty Re: Off-Topic 10th June 2012, 9:46 am

First-Psykon

First-Psykon
Plumber
Plumber

Zero Degrees wrote:School's in one or two months! Very Happy

Speaking of that, I'm really stumped right now. I'm entering 10th grade and you have to pick an area to specialize in for college, I think and I don't really know what to choose...The choices are Science, Math, Language and English. It's a hell no for Math. My parents want me to pick science but I'm not the best in that. The only choices left seem to be Language and English but I'm not sure if there's anything good headed that way.
Technically I'm Grade 10 although that counts as 4th year in high school. I don't know what course to choose in college either. I was thinking about any course involving computers or English writing, since I have no specifics to think of yet.

204Off-Topic  - Page 9 Empty Re: Off-Topic 10th June 2012, 10:03 am

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

I just finished 10 grade (almost) which is the second year in high school.

205Off-Topic  - Page 9 Empty Re: Off-Topic 10th June 2012, 3:23 pm

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

First-Psykon wrote:School's just started here 3 days ago, and for 3 days we basically did nothing. The teachers weren't introduced, so most of us except for the officers were just inside the room, completely bored.
Whoah. I wish school began like that over here. It's just straight to business from day one.

206Off-Topic  - Page 9 Empty Re: Off-Topic 11th June 2012, 4:10 am

First-Psykon

First-Psykon
Plumber
Plumber

Zero Degrees wrote:
Whoah. I wish school began like that over here. It's just straight to business from day one.
I was surprised that they didn't start the first day.

207Off-Topic  - Page 9 Empty Re: Off-Topic 11th June 2012, 6:54 pm

CBobb1234

CBobb1234
Plumber
Plumber

I've got a HTC One X!!! Very Happy

208Off-Topic  - Page 9 Empty Re: Off-Topic 11th June 2012, 7:21 pm

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

CBobb1234 wrote:I've got a HTC One X!!! Very Happy
That's awesome,it's a great phone. ^ Wink
I'd personally love to have a SII but not enough money for that...

209Off-Topic  - Page 9 Empty Re: Off-Topic 17th June 2012, 11:10 am

Helices

Helices
Human
Human

Hmm I havent been active at all here lately, but thats because im finding all these changes quite hard to acknowledge. I feel like the forums completely ended in a sense...

210Off-Topic  - Page 9 Empty Re: Off-Topic 19th June 2012, 3:57 pm

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

Our forum is featured in one of the comments from Derrick J. Wyatt! (thanks oprah62!)

http://www.formspring.me/DerrickJWyatt/q/338863780865801493

This might be small for you but it's pretty awesome for me.My forum is starting to slowly get attention. Very Happy

211Off-Topic  - Page 9 Empty Re: Off-Topic 21st June 2012, 4:53 am

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Sebastian13 wrote:Our forum is featured in one of the comments from Derrick J. Wyatt! (thanks oprah62!)

http://www.formspring.me/DerrickJWyatt/q/338863780865801493

This might be small for you but it's pretty awesome for me.My forum is starting to slowly get attention. Very Happy
That's awesome. It's nice for me as well.

212Off-Topic  - Page 9 Empty Re: Off-Topic 25th June 2012, 1:17 am

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Well, I'll be going to school in a month, I think, but I need to take two exams (Math and English) and I'm gonna be studying math for four hours a day, as well as some math classes Sad .

213Off-Topic  - Page 9 Empty Re: Off-Topic 2nd July 2012, 11:12 am

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

It seems we are yet again referenced on Derrick's Formspring:

http://www.formspring.me/DerrickJWyatt/q/342820432547702443

214Off-Topic  - Page 9 Empty Re: Off-Topic 3rd July 2012, 3:19 am

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Sebastian13 wrote:It seems we are yet again referenced on Derrick's Formspring:

Awesome! I'm in the link! And they're talking about me complaining Bloxx has 2 xx's Laughing .

215Off-Topic  - Page 9 Empty Re: Off-Topic 3rd July 2012, 8:34 am

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

Zero Degrees wrote:
Sebastian13 wrote:It seems we are yet again referenced on Derrick's Formspring:

Awesome! I'm in the link! And they're talking about me complaining Bloxx has 2 xx's Laughing .
You're famous!
They are probably going to make an episode about you just like Dwayne did to me. xD
Remember the line Ben: "Oh so it's OK when Kevin makes jokes but not when I do?" Gwen: "To be honest at least he's funny"
I got into a fight with Dwayne once about how stupid and annoying Ben is after all the character development in season 1-2 and that he should at least try to make him actually funny like Kevin.

You are going to get the same treatment.I can already see it:
Ben: "Hey!This newspaper wrote Bloxx's name wrong,it's with two X's!"
Kevin: "How could have they even knew?I didn't,it sounds like one X.Why would you even name him like that when you don't even write their names anywhere?"

216Off-Topic  - Page 9 Empty Re: Off-Topic 3rd July 2012, 1:30 pm

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Sebastian13 wrote:
You're famous!
They are probably going to make an episode about you just like Dwayne did to me. xD
Remember the line Ben: "Oh so it's OK when Kevin makes jokes but not when I do?" Gwen: "To be honest at least he's funny"
I got into a fight with Dwayne once about how stupid and annoying Ben is after all the character development in season 1-2 and that he should at least try to make him actually funny like Kevin.

You are going to get the same treatment.I can already see it:
Ben: "Hey!This newspaper wrote Bloxx's name wrong,it's with two X's!"
Kevin: "How could have they even knew?I didn't,it sounds like one X.Why would you even name him like that when you don't even write their names anywhere?"
Whoah, that's awesome! I better go troll Derrick's Formspring just to ensure that happens Laughing .

And it must feel kind of cool to have a joke after you king . Laughing .

217Off-Topic  - Page 9 Empty Re: Off-Topic 6th July 2012, 1:29 pm

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

A new round of changes is coming to the forums soon...

New topics,sub-categories,hopefully more users,a "+1/-1" system and maybe more.

218Off-Topic  - Page 9 Empty Re: Off-Topic 13th July 2012, 2:39 pm

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

I have discovered two methods used to misdirect people and dilute important information on a forum:

Technique #1 - 'FORUM SLIDING'
If a very sensitive posting of a critical nature has been posted on a forum - it can be quickly removed from public view by 'forum sliding.' In this technique a number of unrelated posts are quietly prepositioned on the forum and allowed to 'age.' Each of these misdirectional forum postings can then be called upon at will to trigger a 'forum slide.' The second requirement is that several fake accounts exist, which can be called upon, to ensure that this technique is not exposed to the public. To trigger a 'forum slide' and 'flush' the critical post out of public view it is simply a matter of logging into each account both real and fake and then 'replying' to prepositined postings with a simple 1 or 2 line comment. This brings the unrelated postings to the top of the forum list, and the critical posting 'slides' down the front page, and quickly out of public view. Although it is difficult or impossible to censor the posting it is now lost in a sea of unrelated and unuseful postings. By this means it becomes effective to keep the readers of the forum reading unrelated and non-issue items.

Technique #2 - 'CONSENSUS CRACKING'
A second highly effective technique is 'consensus cracking.' To develop a consensus crack, the following technique is used. Under the guise of a fake account a posting is made which looks legitimate and is towards the truth is made - but the critical point is that it has a VERY WEAK PREMISE without substantive proof to back the posting. Once this is done then under alternative fake accounts a very strong position in your favour is slowly introduced over the life of the posting. It is IMPERATIVE that both sides are initially presented, so the uninformed reader cannot determine which side is the truth. As postings and replies are made the stronger 'evidence' or disinformation in your favour is slowly 'seeded in.' Thus the uninformed reader will most like develop the same position as you, and if their position is against you their opposition to your posting will be most likely dropped. However in some cases where the forum members are highly educated and can counter your disinformation with real facts and linked postings, you can then 'abort' the consensus cracking by initiating a 'forum slide.'

As a truth seeker,this is terrifying stuff.As the admin,I'm in complete control of any such attempt...but still, I'd like to be a little more focused in the future.mostly on other forums.

219Off-Topic  - Page 9 Empty Re: Off-Topic 13th July 2012, 6:38 pm

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Sebastian13 wrote:I have discovered two methods used to misdirect people and dilute important information on a forum:

Technique #1 - 'FORUM SLIDING'
If a very sensitive posting of a critical nature has been posted on a forum - it can be quickly removed from public view by 'forum sliding.' In this technique a number of unrelated posts are quietly prepositioned on the forum and allowed to 'age.' Each of these misdirectional forum postings can then be called upon at will to trigger a 'forum slide.' The second requirement is that several fake accounts exist, which can be called upon, to ensure that this technique is not exposed to the public. To trigger a 'forum slide' and 'flush' the critical post out of public view it is simply a matter of logging into each account both real and fake and then 'replying' to prepositined postings with a simple 1 or 2 line comment. This brings the unrelated postings to the top of the forum list, and the critical posting 'slides' down the front page, and quickly out of public view. Although it is difficult or impossible to censor the posting it is now lost in a sea of unrelated and unuseful postings. By this means it becomes effective to keep the readers of the forum reading unrelated and non-issue items.

Technique #2 - 'CONSENSUS CRACKING'
A second highly effective technique is 'consensus cracking.' To develop a consensus crack, the following technique is used. Under the guise of a fake account a posting is made which looks legitimate and is towards the truth is made - but the critical point is that it has a VERY WEAK PREMISE without substantive proof to back the posting. Once this is done then under alternative fake accounts a very strong position in your favour is slowly introduced over the life of the posting. It is IMPERATIVE that both sides are initially presented, so the uninformed reader cannot determine which side is the truth. As postings and replies are made the stronger 'evidence' or disinformation in your favour is slowly 'seeded in.' Thus the uninformed reader will most like develop the same position as you, and if their position is against you their opposition to your posting will be most likely dropped. However in some cases where the forum members are highly educated and can counter your disinformation with real facts and linked postings, you can then 'abort' the consensus cracking by initiating a 'forum slide.'

As a truth seeker,this is terrifying stuff.As the admin,I'm in complete control of any such attempt...but still, I'd like to be a little more focused in the future.mostly on other forums.
That's interesting. Although, who would even want to do that? And why?

220Off-Topic  - Page 9 Empty Re: Off-Topic 13th July 2012, 6:39 pm

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

It depends,there some topics that attract unwanted attention:conspiracy theories,fights about a certain subject,maybe some unwanted info about a certain person...idk,stuff.
The second one,I think,is obvious...it's to manipulate.

221Off-Topic  - Page 9 Empty Re: Off-Topic 13th July 2012, 7:31 pm

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Sebastian13 wrote:It depends,there some topics that attract unwanted attention:conspiracy theories,fights about a certain subject,maybe some unwanted info about a certain person...idk,stuff.
The second one,I think,is obvious...it's to manipulate.
I see. I was just confused since many forums aren't usually about important subjects, or at least subjects important enough to go through that much trouble to hide it.

222Off-Topic  - Page 9 Empty Re: Off-Topic 13th July 2012, 7:34 pm

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

For my birthday, I got a comic book: vol. 1 of Frank Miller's Daredevil run. Got it just yesterday, it was a really late birthday gift. Not bad, mom.

223Off-Topic  - Page 9 Empty Re: Off-Topic 15th July 2012, 12:14 am

Avian

Avian
Plumber
Plumber

I just saw Avenue Q live at GeVa theater with my mom. It was all kinds of awesome. cheers

https://www.youtube.com/user/avionpiscean33?feature=mhee

224Off-Topic  - Page 9 Empty Re: Off-Topic 19th July 2012, 3:51 am

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Do you guys read the blog at the old website? I visited it just now and there's a cool story where Dwayne shoves a toothbrush into the face of a guy with bad breath lol!

It's here: http://dwaynemcduffie.com/?p=244

EDIT: Whoah, there's actually a lot of these awesome Dwayne stories. They're pretty hilarious Laughing . http://dwaynemcduffie.com/?cat=9

225Off-Topic  - Page 9 Empty Re: Off-Topic 2nd August 2012, 3:48 pm

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

Zero Degrees wrote:Do you guys read the blog at the old website? I visited it just now and there's a cool story where Dwayne shoves a toothbrush into the face of a guy with bad breath lol!

It's here: http://dwaynemcduffie.com/?p=244

EDIT: Whoah, there's actually a lot of these awesome Dwayne stories. They're pretty hilarious Laughing . http://dwaynemcduffie.com/?cat=9
Yeah,they are pretty cool,I read them from time to time. Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum