BelBen10OV
Matt Wayne
Tsuchimikado Motoharu
datdude
Sebastian13
63 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 26 ... 43  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 43]

201Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 9 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 17th February 2013, 6:43 am

datdude

datdude
Plumber
Plumber

My favorite villains are sunny darkstar and albedo. Any chance we might see any of them in the next 30 episodes or so.

202Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 9 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 17th February 2013, 12:34 pm

Primus 10

Primus 10
Human
Human

Bloxx and Diamondhead have a Predator?

203Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 9 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 17th February 2013, 4:45 pm

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

datdude wrote:My favorite villains are sunny darkstar and albedo. Any chance we might see any of them in the next 30 episodes or so.

There's always a chance.

204Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 9 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 17th February 2013, 4:46 pm

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

Primus 10 wrote:Bloxx and Diamondhead have a Predator?

Maybe. They don't seem nutritious though.

205Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 9 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 17th February 2013, 5:32 pm

Ursalink

Plumber
Plumber

Hi, Mr Wayne.

I want to ask you something, if you don't mind. I'm not sure if you can give me the answer, but I have to try. This is my question: Can you please tell me why on earth Cartoon Network keeps delaying the episode "Rules of Engagement" over and over?

I really want to see this episode because it has Julie back, but everytime we are close to the new date of its debut, they delay it again!!! Do you have any idea about why they keep doing this over and over?

206Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 9 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 17th February 2013, 5:51 pm

Primus 10

Primus 10
Human
Human

Can you tell me at least one alien that will be used in Tummy Trouble? (Other than Upchukc Perk, Upchuck Merk, Big Chill and Echo Echo). Very Happy

207Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 9 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 18th February 2013, 4:06 am

MattWayne

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

Ursalink wrote:Hi, Mr Wayne.

I want to ask you something, if you don't mind. I'm not sure if you can give me the answer, but I have to try. This is my question: Can you please tell me why on earth Cartoon Network keeps delaying the episode "Rules of Engagement" over and over?

I really want to see this episode because it has Julie back, but everytime we are close to the new date of its debut, they delay it again!!! Do you have any idea about why they keep doing this over and over?

I can tell you that the third act was difficult to stage, but I'm really pleased with the result. It'll be worth the wait.

208Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 9 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 18th February 2013, 4:08 am

MattWayne

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

Primus 10 wrote:Can you tell me at least one alien that will be used in Tummy Trouble? (Other than Upchukc Perk, Upchuck Merk, Big Chill and Echo Echo). Very Happy

No. I think that will make the show less entertaining. But feel free to ask again.

209Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 9 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 18th February 2013, 4:57 am

FutureFighter

Human
Human

Mr. Wayne, you wrote "Where the Magic Happens" in Ultimate Alien. I'd like to ask: what was the point in it?

What was the point in giving Charmcaster a tragic backstory and make it look like she'd redeem herself, only to later have her go psychotically OOC and commit mass murder for a motivaiton that came completely out of nowhere, then leave her emotionally crushed in very mean-spirited ways twice in a row, in the process hinting that she could REALLY redeem herself now that she ruled Ledgerdomain...only for, according to Derrick Wyatt, all of that now getting retconned in Omniverse, and she'll now be a villain like before because you guys "have no interest in redeeming her" because it's a "lame fan idea".

If it's a lame fan idea, then why the heck did you write "Where the Magic Happens" at all? Why go through all these lengths to make Charmcaster so sympathetic if you never wanted her to actually go through any growth as a character? Can you answer any of this, or was this mostly Dwayne's doing and you were just writing what you were told? If that's the case, any idea what he was thinking? Why did he bother to name her "Hope" if she really doesn't have any hope and is just going to be used as a one-note tool for writers because they can't be bothered to create another enemy for Gwen? It's such a waste of a good character. Neutral

210Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 9 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 18th February 2013, 5:17 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Tsuchimikado Motoharu
Magister
Magister

FutureFighter wrote:

What was the point in giving Charmcaster a tragic backstory and make it look like she'd redeem herself, only to later have her go psychotically OOC and commit mass murder for a motivaiton that came completely out of nowhere, then leave her emotionally crushed in very mean-spirited ways twice in a row, in the process hinting that she could REALLY redeem herself now that she ruled Ledgerdomain...only for, according to Derrick Wyatt, all of that now getting retconned in Omniverse, and she'll now be a villain like before because you guys "have no interest in redeeming her" because it's a "lame fan idea".

Just a clarification: He said that if she showed up, which she has not, she would probably be a villain. However, he has also said that she would probably be used for the 11-year old Ben stories. He has never said that it would be retconned.

Carry on.

211Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 9 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 18th February 2013, 5:47 am

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

You've rarely written for Nickelodeon (and nick rarely produces action shows), but I loved the Danny Phantom episode Micro Management, was it any different from your final script? and how was it like working at nick?

212Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 9 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 18th February 2013, 5:55 am

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

FutureFighter wrote:Mr. Wayne, you wrote "Where the Magic Happens" in Ultimate Alien. I'd like to ask: what was the point in it?
It's such a waste of a good character. Neutral

You're angry at me and Dwayne for foiling your expectations. Isn't that what entertainment is about?

Any good villain is going to have some humanizing traits. You have to believe that their misdeeds are optional--that they're choosing to blow up the universe as a reaction to some relatable situation, otherwise the hero's knocking down cardboard cutouts.

The unlikely team up of hero and arch-nemesis is a staple of episodic fiction. I think the writers get to choose what happens after that, and redeeming the villain is one of the options. Not this time. It wasn't nearly as affecting as the almost operatically tragic arc she took, and I'm not surprised that you were affected.

And while she was great in UA, she's way too dark for BTO.

213Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 9 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 18th February 2013, 6:04 am

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

mace23 wrote:You've rarely written for Nickelodeon (and nick rarely produces action shows), but I loved the Danny Phantom episode Micro Management, was it any different from your final script? and how was it like working at nick?

I wasn't working for Nick, I was working for Steve Marmel. That was like being Ralph Bellamy in His Girl Friday.

And yes, the Danny boys did a much funnier version of the script after I turned it in. I started on Justice League around the time the first draft was due, and I like to think they didn't ask me for another pass because I was busy. But it has crossed my mind that I might not have been funny enough for that show.

214Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 9 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 18th February 2013, 8:39 am

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

1.The system Underground Swappers was mentioned by Argit, does it still exist??
2. How long were the Vreedle Bros around before AF started?
3.I haven't heard to much about Glens input on the series but how in sync were Dwayne and Glen on the direction of the series?

215Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 9 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 18th February 2013, 5:04 pm

Ursalink

Plumber
Plumber

MattWayne wrote:
Ursalink wrote:Hi, Mr Wayne.

I can tell you that the third act was difficult to stage, but I'm really pleased with the result. It'll be worth the wait.

Thanks a ton for your answer, Mr Wayne. I hope it's true that it'll be worth the wait. Not that I don't believe you, but it's really hard to keep waiting for an episode that they don't stop delaying over and over.

It seems you wrote, or at least worked, in this episode. I really hope "Ben 10: Omniverse" won't be the end of Ben and Julie's relationship. Derrick J Wyatt has been talking about making cannon again the future of episode "Ken 10", where Ben marries Kai Green. I really don't like that. After all what they have experienced together in "Alien Force" and "Ultimate Alien", and seeing their first kiss in "The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2" (which you partially wrote), I really don't want their story end just like that. I see Julie way more suitable for being Ben's future wife now. Besides, Dwayne McDuffie promised us that we would see more kisses between them; and until now, we have only seen two ("Fame" and "The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2").

By the way, you probably can't confirm it, but I hope at the end of the episode, Ben can fulfill part of the promise he did at the end of "Many Happy Returns" saying "Kevin is so dead". I mean, Ben ended engaged with Looma by accident; he only defeated her to save the Earth. And because of that, Julie and Ester end in trouble; so I guess they would like to "talk with Kevin" about the whole mess, just like Rath did after his first adventure. Julie and Ester could yet be angry with Ben because of each other, but I suspect they could actually end becoming friends.

216Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 9 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 18th February 2013, 8:28 pm

Primus 10

Primus 10
Human
Human

MattWayne wrote:
Primus 10 wrote:Can you tell me at least one alien that will be used in Tummy Trouble? (Other than Upchukc Perk, Upchuck Merk, Big Chill and Echo Echo). Very Happy

No. I think that will make the show less entertaining. But feel free to ask again.
Okay... Can you tell me at least one alien that will be used in Rules of Engagement? (Other than Armodrillo). Please!!! Very Happy

217Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 9 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 18th February 2013, 8:29 pm

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

Primus 10 wrote:
MattWayne wrote:

Okay... Can you tell me at least one alien that will be used in Rules of Engagement? (Other than Armodrillo). Please!!! Very Happy

No. I think that will make the show less entertaining. See you next time!

218Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 9 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 19th February 2013, 7:11 pm

Primus 10

Primus 10
Human
Human

Way Big was destroyed in Showdown, Part 2? Crying or Very sad He will return?

219Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 9 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 20th February 2013, 6:12 am

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

Primus 10 wrote:Way Big was destroyed in Showdown, Part 2? Crying or Very sad He will return?

Way Big was not destroyed.

220Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 9 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 20th February 2013, 3:10 pm

Primus 10

Primus 10
Human
Human

Matt Wayne wrote:
Primus 10 wrote:Way Big was destroyed in Showdown, Part 2? Crying or Very sad He will return?

Way Big was not destroyed.
Yeah!! Very Happy Matt... 1) 16 year old Ditto appear in the season 3 or 4 of Omniverse?
2) OV follows the same timeline of the original series, AF and UA?

221Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 9 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 22nd February 2013, 2:31 am

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

Matt Wayne wrote:
datdude wrote:I got a weird one. Do you have any questions for the fandom at large?

Yes: Is Omniverse winning you over? Last summer many people seemed against the show.
I didn't want to respond to this unless I had something new to say that Lukey didn't. I admit OV isn't winning me over, I think my biggest problem is that it's trying to harken back to the past series and that doesn't appeal to me. I don't feel the B10 franchise is old enough or has ran long enough to do something like this anniversary/celebration of past series "it compasses all Ben 10" if we haven't gotten at least a few more series that brought enough ideas to be able to revist them in a new way. This series feels instead like it's just trying to fill in the gaps from the previous series and maintain a progressing timeline, even UA didn't fall into that rut it made new ideas and didn't mind waiting a really long time to revisit a past story. But this is just my point of view.

222Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 9 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 22nd February 2013, 8:51 pm

Primus 10

Primus 10
Human
Human

Vilgax OV and Eighteight are AWESOME!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

223Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 9 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 22nd February 2013, 9:05 pm

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

Primus 10 wrote:
2) OV follows the same timeline of the original series, AF and UA?

Sort of. Since Ben remade the universe, we've seen that some things don't taste the same.

224Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 9 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 22nd February 2013, 9:53 pm

ultraalien

Plumber
Plumber

1. What caused the universe to change when Ben remade it?

225Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 9 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 23rd February 2013, 1:49 am

datdude

datdude
Plumber
Plumber

Think we will ever get back to the tone of story we moved away from in omniverse?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 43]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 26 ... 43  Next