BelBen10OV
Matt Wayne
Tsuchimikado Motoharu
datdude
Sebastian13
63 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 35 ... 43  Next

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 43]

676Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 28 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 16th June 2013, 8:14 am

Solo28

Solo28
Plumber
Plumber

1. I've been wondering...Earth has several cultures, so are there any other planets with multiple cultures?

677Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 28 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 16th June 2013, 8:36 pm

waffles

Are Ben and Julie truly over? (I was rather disappointed with their "break-up" -- getting Julie, who had put up with Ben's ego and flings, out of the way for more romantic interests. Sort of like Gwen Stacy's death in the Spiderman comics, to make room for Mary Jane. It takes Ben all but five seconds to get over it and start flirting with Ester LOL.) 

Anyway I loved Julie, hopefully this won't be the last we see of the Japanese-American.

678Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 28 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 19th June 2013, 1:45 am

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

at the end credits of AF/UA there are usually 3 storyboard artists credited, does that mean each artist was assigned 1 act or are they assigned specific scenes?

679Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 28 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 19th June 2013, 9:46 pm

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

Sonic_Gamer wrote:1. Which episode "Ben 10" episode did you write that was your favorite and your least favorite?

2. Can Will Harangue blackmail people?

Why are the quotes messed up? The stuff below is me (Matt):

1. I think I've said elsewhere that "What Are Little Girls Made Of?" is a favorite, although I thought "Store 23" was great. My least favorite was probably "Kevin's Big Score," not because of the end result--it's a really good episode--but because I had to redo the first act to make the action more to the point.

2. Sure. He's on TV, that's a big lever.

680Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 28 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 19th June 2013, 9:53 pm

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

1. No, I went form Dwayne's edit of the outline.

2. Juliet Landau made Gwen's mom much more unhappy than she was written (I just wrote her as a hard-ass). It's brilliant, and really paints a picture of Gwen's home life.

3. Marty wrote a great one-off that will air several episodes from now. No idea if that's soon.

4. We care about the millions of casual viewers more than the thousands diehard fans. That's TV for you. But we do like to foil expectations for both.

5. Noted.

mace23 wrote:Did you need a story meeting to write "Good Copy, Bad Copy" or did you just run with it based on the outline?

Were there any noticeable differences between how your AF episodes came out versus your UA episodes(such as the directors surprising you, voicing)?

Is Marty Isenberg just reserved to write the finales or is he going to write a one off episode soon?

How important is it to give the fanbase what they don't want or except?

This is just my opinion, but I find OV too linear and tell all, like I know too much about the aliens rather then imagining what I don't know, there's not much mystery in world or stories from the episodes I did see.

Also, thank you for all the questions you have answered, don't feel like I've said this enough, you've been very generous with your time

681Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 28 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 19th June 2013, 10:04 pm

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

I don't know what to say. Your state of mind should not depend on internet rumors about a TV show. Even a great one.

And Dwayne wasn't fixated on Charmcaster's redemption, either. He liked the idea of villains with human foibles. As do we all.

That said, I'm sure we'll be discussing this again very soon!

FutureFighter wrote:Mr. Wayne, I heard you and the other writers finally found a way to incorporate Charmcaster in to Omniverse.  Derrick Wyatt seems to claim that her backstory and motives that Dwayne established for her will be "ignored" and yet not erased, while a tweet by Khary Payton indicates she's "crazy" now.  

So my question is will she be still kept a gray-shaded, developing character with a story arc, with her being crazy treated sympathetically, and with an endgame for her in mind....or are you going to throw all that out and make this another black-and-white kiddie show issue and have her as a 1-note psycho villain to get beat up by the heroes, with no help from any of them in getting back to sanity (some heroes!) and no hope of a better future despite her freaking name being Hope?  

I really hope it's not the latter, or you'll have officially written "Where the Magic Happens" for nothing and destroyed Dwayne's favorite character, not to mention written what amounts to an innocent child growing up experiencing parental death, loss of home, guardian abuse, emotional turmoil, and being used for a one-night stand, then being blamed for it all when she snaps. I don't know about you, but I don't find that fun.  I find it depressing.  I don't watch cartoons for that. Sad

682Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 28 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 19th June 2013, 10:08 pm

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

Primus10 wrote:Is true that Ben have two Big Chills in the Omnitrix?
Is true the "Upgrade OV"? http://images.wikia.com/ben10/es/images/3/31/Ultra_T_OV%21%21.png

Okay, this is Matt again, having trouble with the quote function:

1. No
2. Watch and see

683Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 28 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 19th June 2013, 10:10 pm

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

Yes, there are certainly planets with more than one sentient species, and we have seen subcultures as well (Merks and Perks, for instance.)

Solo28 wrote:1. I've been wondering...Earth has several cultures, so are there any other planets with multiple cultures?

684Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 28 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 19th June 2013, 10:11 pm

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

Never say never, but not for a while. He's sixteen; it's a bit early to meet the love of his life.

waffles wrote:Are Ben and Julie truly over? (I was rather disappointed with their "break-up" -- getting Julie, who had put up with Ben's ego and flings, out of the way for more romantic interests. Sort of like Gwen Stacy's death in the Spiderman comics, to make room for Mary Jane. It takes Ben all but five seconds to get over it and start flirting with Ester LOL.) 

Anyway I loved Julie, hopefully this won't be the last we see of the Japanese-American.

685Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 28 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 19th June 2013, 10:16 pm

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

Usually, it's one storyboard artist assigned to each act, with the teaser tacked onto the shortest act. But who gets what and even how many artists are boarding a show vary a lot depending on schedule, the scale of the show and the tastes of the director.

mace23 wrote:at the end credits of AF/UA there are usually 3 storyboard artists credited, does that mean each artist was assigned 1 act or are they assigned specific scenes?

686Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 28 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 20th June 2013, 3:29 am

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

Was your work on Superhero Squad done before being asked to work on UA ?

When writing your episode of Scooby Doo, were you working with George Doty IV or Jim Kreig?

Any chance you'll be writing for Beware The Batman?

Favorite season of Cheers and MASH?

687Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 28 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 20th June 2013, 6:44 am

MattWayne

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

1. No, "Where the Magic Happens" and "It's Not Easy Being Gwen" were both written while I was editing SHS season 2.

2. Jim Krieg had left the show but recommended me to Ed Scharlach, who was co-story editing with George Doty.

3. If Ben 10 ever ended, I'd inquire.

4. Three in both cases. In many sitcoms, the third season is the best written. By then, the key writers have hit their stride, but haven't yet been lured away to new shows. 

mace23 wrote:Was your work on Superhero Squad done before being asked to work on UA ?

When writing your episode of Scooby Doo, were you working with George Doty IV or Jim Kreig?

Any chance you'll be writing for Beware The Batman?

Favorite season of Cheers and MASH?

688Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 28 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 21st June 2013, 12:45 am

Sonic_Gamer

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

Can Elena Valdius turn into her insect formation maybe perhaps her spiderlike formation?

689Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 28 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 21st June 2013, 6:47 am

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

How do you feel about flashbacks in Ben 10 canon? I believe it's a mistake to reconcile any of the continuities, it doesn't satisfy any fanbase, same goes for the cameos

How do you feel generally about the flashbacks done so far in Ben 10 canon (ex Solitary Alignment, Ben 10,000 Returns, Vendetta)?

Have you ever seen The Batman ? if so your opinion on it

Favorite Looney Tunes short?

Is story editing OV a comparable to your experience story editing SHS, considering your aiming for a similar demographic?

Did you ever ask Dwayne to take a crack at writing Superhero Squad?

AF/UA had a couple of weird Scooby Doo references, the Meddling Kids line, The abandoned circus and scattered appearances of background characters that look suspiciously like Shaggy and Scooby throughout the show, was this an in joke by the crew or is it just me thinking too hard?

690Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 28 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 23rd June 2013, 10:59 pm

Sonic_Gamer

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

Is there a possibility that Ship is going to get a new owner, since Ben and Julie are broke up now?

691Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 28 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 23rd June 2013, 11:01 pm

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

Sonic_Gamer wrote:Can Elena Valdius turn into her insect formation maybe perhaps her spiderlike formation?

Maybe.

692Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 28 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 23rd June 2013, 11:21 pm

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

mace23 wrote:How do you feel about flashbacks in Ben 10 canon? I believe it's a mistake to reconcile any of the continuities, it doesn't satisfy any fanbase, same goes for the cameos

How do you feel generally about the flashbacks done so far in Ben 10 canon (ex Solitary Alignment, Ben 10,000 Returns, Vendetta)?

Have you ever seen The Batman ? if so your opinion on it

Favorite Looney Tunes short?

Is story editing OV a comparable to your experience story editing SHS, considering your aiming for a similar demographic?

Did you ever ask Dwayne to take a crack at writing Superhero Squad?

AF/UA had a couple of weird Scooby Doo references, the Meddling Kids line, The abandoned circus and scattered appearances of background characters that look suspiciously like Shaggy and Scooby throughout the show, was this an in joke by the crew or is it just me thinking too hard?

1. I'm fine with flashbacks. We don't do them to satisfy the fans or reconcile the continuities, we do them when we think they tell the story we want to tell in that episode.

2. Just fine. Moonstruck too.

3. Yes, and I like it quite a bit. I first became aware of Michael Jelenic on that show, he's one of the best writers out there.

4. Probably Rabbit Fire, but I'm not the Chuck Jones fan I was once. I've seen a lot of the Chuck Jones Tom and Jerry shorts now, and seeing his style misfire so much makes me more aware of it when it works. I'm kind of surprised these days at my affection for the Friz Freleng Bugs/Yosemite Sam shorts, Knighty Knight Bugs and the Revolutionary War one.

5. Not at all. I feel that SHS was a bunch of people with different agendas making the best show they could as they saw it. On Ben 10 we're all pulling in similar directions.

6. (1 beyond the new limit) We talked about it, but Ben always got renewed and he never needed the work.

7. (2 beyond the new limit) Both, actually. The Scooby references will only get more obvious in coming months. But you are giving the subject more thought then I'd expect.

693Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 28 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 23rd June 2013, 11:22 pm

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

Sonic_Gamer wrote:Is there a possibility that Ship is going to get a new owner, since Ben and Julie are broke up now?

Maybe, but we've had enough mechamorphs for a while.

694Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 28 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 24th June 2013, 12:34 am

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

Matt Wayne wrote:
2. Just fine. Moonstruck too.

4. Probably Rabbit Fire, but I'm not the Chuck Jones fan I was once. I've seen a lot of the Chuck Jones Tom and Jerry shorts now, and seeing his style misfire so much makes me more aware of it when it works. I'm kind of surprised these days at my affection for the Friz Freleng Bugs/Yosemite Sam shorts, Knighty Knight Bugs and the Revolutionary War one.

7. (2 beyond the new limit) Both, actually. The Scooby references will only get more obvious in coming months. But you are giving the subject more thought then I'd expect.

2. I didn't mention Moonstruck because it answered a question I don't think most fans would normally cared to wondered or asked about, stuff like Kevin's past and the creation of the omnitrix are such easy targets that fans want answered. Moonstruck felt unique in that respect

4. Surprised you didn't say What's Opera Doc, that's always on top of most people's list, even CN aired it as #1 in a marathon a few years ago, I'd probably go with Ali Baba Bunny it's such a memorable one since I was a kid

7. Is it wrong for me to also notice the similar color scheme and some similarities between Kevin's Car and The Mystery Machine, Team Ben and The Scooby Gang both travel at night in places they shouldn't, Freddy and Daphne = Kevin and Gwen, okay the last one is DEFINITELY overthinking

Last edited by mace23 on 24th June 2013, 1:01 am; edited 2 times in total

695Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 28 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 24th June 2013, 12:57 am

ultraalien

Plumber
Plumber

1. How did elena turn into nanochips and turn villain?

696Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 28 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 24th June 2013, 1:07 am

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head

ultraalien wrote:1. How did elena turn into nanochips and turn villain?

I have no info that wasn't shown in Revenge of the Swarm.

697Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 28 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 25th June 2013, 5:13 am

Sonic_Gamer

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

Which villains would most likely to put Ben in a mental ward?

698Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 28 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 25th June 2013, 4:45 pm

Primus10

Primus10
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

Way Big appears in Ben 10 Omniverse 2 (Ben 10 Omniverse: The videogame 2)?

699Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 28 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 25th June 2013, 9:31 pm

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

Why did you guys take away Ben's car, only to give him a motorcycle? the DX Mark 10 was way cooler

Do you visit toonzone much?

Favorite Ben 10 episode Dwayne wrote?

Favorite Ben 10 episode Jim Kreig wrote?

Favorite episode Len Wein wrote?

Last edited by mace23 on 26th June 2013, 7:22 pm; edited 4 times in total

700Q&A With Matt Wayne - Page 28 Empty Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne 25th June 2013, 9:37 pm

Solo28

Solo28
Plumber
Plumber

Matt Wayne wrote:
Sonic_Gamer wrote:Is there a possibility that Ship is going to get a new owner, since Ben and Julie are broke up now?

Maybe, but we've had enough mechamorphs for a while.
You can never have enough Mechamorphs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 43]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 35 ... 43  Next