Uncle Grandpa
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

ZeroRecoil

ZeroRecoil
Plumber
Plumber

All the qualities that attracts me towards OV were present in this episode.
The story was simple but managed to show how it was all a part of something bigger.
There were plenty of good lines.
They managed to make Vilgax cool again while keeping his UAF story intact.
Attea is more fully explored and I'm much more interested in her now than in her cramped introduction in Tummy Trouble.
The aliens were all well selected (and, apart from KH, some of my personal faves were used), B-mums will appear eventually so there's no point in worrying about it.

Overall I think that this is my favourite episode of Arc 3. It may not be the best of Arc 3, but I don't like Ben Again as much as the rest of you guys, sorry about that.

Ebomnitrix

Ebomnitrix
Magister
Magister

I liked this episode
3 transformation sequences! (a proper Terraspin and Present Cannonbolt)
Vilgax was still badass, and he went infront of Ben to break his cuffs, smart plan...
And good aliens, least used ones aswell, if they keep doing stuff like this, like in Tummy Trouble, then surely it'll definitely be a good arch.

datdude

datdude
Plumber
Plumber

Is it just me or is ben getting more and more female villans this series? Maybe they are trying to make up for not having gwen around as much.

Lukey

Lukey
Plumber
Plumber

This was a good episode, I enjoyed it. Vilgax's design works better than it looked like it did in the preview. Still think the hat/tiara should be gone though.

But yeah, it was an entertaining ep. The bad guys have become threats again and we got to go into space! A really cool part of space at that! The plumbers (in general) weren't treated like buffoons either which was great! We could have maybe done with Habble acting so jittery, I mean would an intergalactic police force really send a dude like him to help transport Vilgax to this prison? Maybe not, but I can live with it. Having him is 100 times better than having to sit through Blukic and Dribble's unbearable presence.

One of the only weighted criticisms I have for the episode is the lame flashback.

Whoever wrote this show clearly doesn't have much faith in the audience if he had to use a flashback to show us that Rook and the plumbers survive. I mean c'mon. Way to insult your audience... Not only was it 100% obvious that they had survived, there are just so many other ways that they could have shown how they survive without resorting to a flashback. That is really bad writing in my opinion. It drags down my appreciation of the episode, but I still liked it as a whole.

datdude wrote:Is it just me or is ben getting more and more female villans this series? Maybe they are trying to make up for not having gwen around as much.

I love it! Even though EightEight was maybe a little disappointing, I'm loving that we're getting more females.

ZeroRecoil

ZeroRecoil
Plumber
Plumber

Lukey wrote:
Whoever wrote this show clearly doesn't have much faith in the audience if he had to use a flashback to show us that Rook and the plumbers survive. I mean c'mon. Way to insult your audience... Not only was it 100% obvious that they had survived, there are just so many other ways that they could have shown how they survive without resorting to a flashback. That is really bad writing in my opinion. It drags down my appreciation of the episode, but I still liked it as a whole.

I completely agree, but why stop there. I think that it shows really little faith in the audience that they showed this episode at all, I mean, it's obvious that Ben and his team is going to survive, so why write scenes where Ben has to overcome a problem into the episode. The fact that this episode was written at all was really lazy scriptwriting on behalf of the writers. (/Sarcasm)

Now that I've said that I would like to state my point properly. Everybody knew that Rook and Hobble survived the explosion, and the directors knew this. After the bridge was blown up there was no added tension, either through the music or the animation. The reason that the flashback was used was to show how Rook survived the explosion, because people would want to know, the same way they want to know how Ben defeated the Bounty hunters and Attea, even if we knew the outcome already.

Though I should add that Hobble should have been funnier. His only reason for being in the episode was to be funny dang it. They could've done a lot more with the character. The only gag which I found remotely funny was the one at the end with Gravattack and the glove.

Pffft...sorry for the the wall of text everybody.

Lukey

Lukey
Plumber
Plumber

ZeroRecoil wrote:

I completely agree, but why stop there. I think that it shows really little faith in the audience that they showed this episode at all, I mean, it's obvious that Ben and his team is going to survive, so why write scenes where Ben has to overcome a problem into the episode. The fact that this episode was written at all was really lazy scriptwriting on behalf of the writers. (/Sarcasm)

Now that I've said that I would like to state my point properly. Everybody knew that Rook and Hobble survived the explosion, and the directors knew this. After the bridge was blown up there was no added tension, either through the music or the animation. The reason that the flashback was used was to show how Rook survived the explosion, because people would want to know, the same way they want to know how Ben defeated the Bounty hunters and Attea, even if we knew the outcome already.

Maybe you didn't read what I wrote properly. I wasn't criticising the fact that we get to see how they survived the explosion, that is of course rather important, especially for the target audience. I was just criticising the flashback itself as a device used to do so.

painlee

painlee
Magister
Magister

wend Sixsix threw the grenades and said good bye whit his little hand was awesome.

bblast616

bblast616
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

THANK YOU STEVEN BLUM!!! Now that's the Vilgax voice I wanna hear!

I didn't get to finish the episode, but while the intro of Sixsix, SevenSeven, and EightEight together was EPIC. Then it all got kinda boring. I really cannot stand it when a "laser fight" is going on and nobody moves or gets hit. I mean, really, they aren't fricken DNAliens, these are the most badass bounty hunters in the world!!! They could at least try to make it realistic.
Also, I like that they tried to give Ben and Vilgax a real relationship, we rarely see that

FutureFighter

Human
Human

This arc is going to be really weakened by having Attea as the main villain.

Damn it, you actually just made Vilgax AWESOME again...and NOW you is when you finally decide he shouldn't be the main villain? Mad

Ursalink

Plumber
Plumber

I managed to see the episode, now it's time for comments:

+ Vilgax escaped at the end of the episode. Well, I would lie if I say that surprises me. You wanna bet Vilgax will be the bad guy in the last arc of "Omniverse"? Ben 10's series always end with a battle between Ben and Vilgax.
+ A doubt about the video Ben saw when Vilgax escaped. I think that after knocking Ben, Vilgax tried to steal the Omnitrix, but when he saw Attea and her bounty hunters waking up, he decided to forget it and run away. Or Vilgax was grabbing Attea in the video instead? It suprises me that Vilgax didn't try to steal the Omnitrix with Ben knocked out. One of two, or he thinks the Omnitrix is no longer a big deal (after seeing things like Ascalon and Diagon's power), or he simply decided that it was muc important to escape in that moment.
+ Once Vilgax escaped, what did happen? Did he return to his home planet to help his people to expel the Incursians from their solar system or what?
+ I'm sure that I'm not the only one who noticed it. Attea's last comment in the episode makes me suspect she will try to overthrow his father again in a future episode. What do you wanna bet that will be precisely the plot in the finale "The Frogs of War"?
+ Now we have Eighteight, the first female we see of her species. Since we have seen Sixsix without his helmet, I don't wanna know what Eighteight's face is like. Do you think we will meet their younger brothers (Oneone, Twotwo, Threethree, Fourfour and Fivefive)? Or maybe we will meet two more dangerous bounty hunters (Ninenine and Tenten)? It would be interesting to see Ben fighting against the whole family, don't you think?

+ Ben's joke about if a guy kiss Attea, she turns into a princess... I almost kill myself laughing!!! XD That was a really good one. It would be an strange version of "the princess and the frog", when "the princess" and "the frog" are the same character. Don't you think?
+ I second the Gravattack's comments about his powers being green instead of bluish, like in his debut. Besides, I don't know why Ben complained about getting Gravattack. This is definetely one of Ben's most powerful aliens, considering it controls one of the universe's primal forces: gravity. That's way more effective for battle than just "brute force" from guys like Rath or Humungousaur.
+ I have to admit, Vilgax getting in the middle of the shot even surprised me. I mean, I wasn't fool for a minute that he really wanted to protect Ben; but he could have found a better way to free himself than using a blast that could kill him. And even if Vilgax really wanted to protect Ben, I think it was just to make sure no one destroys Ben except him. "No one will destroy Ben Tennyson, except me!"; classic obsession for supervillains.

Well, opinions?

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

Saw it, I'm surprisingly unimpressed by Steve Blum's performance, it does not fit the design at all. I found the hissing from him kinda distracting, his Kang The conqueror lips does not sync with that voice, he sounds like an fragile old man Palentine from Star Wars.

Vilgax disappearing at the end reminiscent of The Ultimate Enemy Part 1 an 2.

The episode was written like the Billy Billons episode pacing and vibe wise. But doesn't have the same charming villain.

I was never a big fan of the Incursions especially Attea and Emperor Milius. Attea trying to overthrow her father was a predictable direction to go in.

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Tsuchimikado Motoharu
Magister
Magister

@ursalink: Derrick has said there is a TwoTwo, so presumably we will get to see him or her at some point. I doubt introducing any more would be a smart move, unless there's a whole episode about that.

painlee

painlee
Magister
Magister

Ursalink wrote:
+ Now we have Eighteight, the first female we see of her species. Since we have seen Sixsix without his helmet, I don't wanna know what Eighteight's face is like. Do you think we will meet their younger brothers (Oneone, Twotwo, Threethree, Fourfour and Fivefive)? Or maybe we will meet two more dangerous bounty hunters (Ninenine and Tenten)?
Sixsix is a mutant,we never seen Sevenseven acomplete face.

Tenten probably will be Ben version of the species.

Bellicus

Human
Human

Ursalink wrote:+ Vilgax escaped at the end of the episode. Well, I would lie if I say that surprises me. You wanna bet Vilgax will be the bad guy in the last arc of "Omniverse"? Ben 10's series always end with a battle between Ben and Vilgax.

We'll definitely see more of Vilgax as a main villian in my opinion.

+ A doubt about the video Ben saw when Vilgax escaped. I think that after knocking Ben, Vilgax tried to steal the Omnitrix, but when he saw Attea and her bounty hunters waking up, he decided to forget it and run away. Or Vilgax was grabbing Attea in the video instead? It suprises me that Vilgax didn't try to steal the Omnitrix with Ben knocked out. One of two, or he thinks the Omnitrix is no longer a big deal (after seeing things like Ascalon and Diagon's power), or he simply decided that it was muc important to escape in that moment.

I think he decided his best option was to escape and live to fight another day. A very smart move and Vilgax has shown in this episode that he is back on top form. Ben better watch out, Vilgax is BACK! Laughing

+ Once Vilgax escaped, what did happen? Did he return to his home planet to help his people to expel the Incursians from their solar system or what?

He will almost certainly return home and start planning his next move. As above, I think he will be back as a main villian in a future arc.

+ I'm sure that I'm not the only one who noticed it. Attea's last comment in the episode makes me suspect she will try to overthrow his father again in a future episode. What do you wanna bet that will be precisely the plot in the finale "The Frogs of War"?

I thought that too. She tried it once before, so it makes sense she will try again now she's older and more powerful.

+ Ben's joke about if a guy kiss Attea, she turns into a princess... I almost kill myself laughing!!! XD That was a really good one. It would be an strange version of "the princess and the frog", when "the princess" and "the frog" are the same character. Don't you think?

A very good and funny moment. lol!

+ I don't know why Ben complained about getting Gravattack. This is definetely one of Ben's most powerful aliens, considering it controls one of the universe's primal forces: gravity. That's way more effective for battle than just "brute force" from guys like Rath or Humungousaur.

To be fair, Ben does like his brute force aliens!

+ I have to admit, Vilgax getting in the middle of the shot even surprised me. I mean, I wasn't fool for a minute that he really wanted to protect Ben; but he could have found a better way to free himself than using a blast that could kill him. And even if Vilgax really wanted to protect Ben, I think it was just to make sure no one destroys Ben except him. "No one will destroy Ben Tennyson, except me!"; classic obsession for supervillains.

I think Vilgax was just making the best of the situation. He saw an opportunity to free himself and took it. He probably does want to kill Ben himself, however, I doubt he'd actively try and stop somebody else killing him.

painlee

painlee
Magister
Magister

also how come that Hobble guy was in the alpha squad?

ZeroRecoil

ZeroRecoil
Plumber
Plumber

painlee wrote:also how come that Hobble guy was in the alpha squad?

Matt Wayne answered this, but I think he was just made a member of Alpha Squad by Derrick and co. so that his role in the episode made sense, as opposed to him just being a random plumber.

I mean, it kind of makes sense that Alpha Squad would send an agent to deal with Vilgax, but send their least skilled one due to their past history with Ben.

Hawkeye & Hulk

Hawkeye & Hulk
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

I hate how all Attea, SixSix, SevenSeven, and EightEight did was shoot the same blaster weapons over and over again. BORING. It was like the greatest Bounty Hunters in the Galaxy just became Storm Troopers.
Also. Vilgax saved Ben? All I am hearing from this is idiots saying "He wants to kill Ben himself! No one but him can kill Ben!" (Kinda like the Joker to Batman) But still that does not work. He could have killed him in the end but instead simply stunned him to escape. Or I hear, "He respects him now! They mutually respect one anothers power!" (Kinda like Darkseid to Batman) I agree on some level to that one but not entirely. Or the dumbest one yet. "He did it to break the handcuffs!" Whoever thinks the last one needs to go to a school for special needs children because that is idiotic. Why would they think that? He shouted "No!!!", if he wanted the handcuffs broken he would have yelled "Yes!!!" I believe he did it simply because it was a split second thought. To show that even though Vilgax is evil, he is still "human". This reminded me of his actions from the Alien Force episode Ghost Town. Vilgax has many traits of the Anti-Hero.
Another problem. He complained about getting Gravattack! This is arguably one of Ben's top 5 most powerful aliens. And he wanted Rath instead of him? The retarded hormonal angry tiger instead of the planet, gravity alien who could wipe the floor with almost all of Ben's enemies? Just plain dumb.

ZeroRecoil

ZeroRecoil
Plumber
Plumber

Hawkeye & Hulk wrote:Or the dumbest one yet. "He did it to break the handcuffs!" Whoever thinks the last one needs to go to a school for special needs children because that is idiotic. Why would they think that? He shouted "No!!!", if he wanted the handcuffs broken he would have yelled "Yes!!!"

Really,
Do you really think that this is stupid.

What about the fact that the "No" was due to the fact that his one chance of escape was being directed at Ben? He was trying to prevent it.
What about the fact that it leaves the audience in suspense?
What about the truly twisted grin he had on his face after the shot was fired?
How do you explain the broken handcuffs?
Would you like me to direct you to a school for special needs children?

Hawkeye & Hulk

Hawkeye & Hulk
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

ZeroRecoil wrote:
Hawkeye & Hulk wrote:Or the dumbest one yet. "He did it to break the handcuffs!" Whoever thinks the last one needs to go to a school for special needs children because that is idiotic. Why would they think that? He shouted "No!!!", if he wanted the handcuffs broken he would have yelled "Yes!!!"

Really,

What about the fact that the "No" was due to the fact that his one chance of escape was being directed at Ben? He was trying to prevent it.
Oh yeah. I am so sure he shouted "No!" and jumped in front of the guy that he has been trying to kill for 6 years simply to break some stupid energy handcuffs that can be turned off by a simple button. And when did I ever say that it does not leave the audience in suspense? And anyway. I make all A's and have never studied for a test in my life. In fact, I just made a 115 on my English exam. 99% average in the class. Ha. So called hardest class in school.

ZeroRecoil

ZeroRecoil
Plumber
Plumber

Hawkeye & Hulk wrote:
ZeroRecoil wrote:

Really,

Oh yeah. I am so sure he shouted "No!" and jumped in front of the guy that he has been trying to kill for 6 years simply to break some stupid energy handcuffs that can be turned off by a simple button. And when did I ever say that it does not leave the audience in suspense?

Yeah, a button which Vilgax has perfect access to, as we all know, and separates his being in solitary confinement for the rest of his life and freedom.

Seriously, don't question the fact that he dived in front of the laser to break the handcuffs. If he had let the laser kill Ben, then it's off to confinement for the rest of his life and the destruction of his empire. Vilgax's motivation for that entire episode was to break free.

Hawkeye & Hulk

Hawkeye & Hulk
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee

ZeroRecoil wrote:
Hawkeye & Hulk wrote:
ZeroRecoil wrote:

Really,

Oh yeah. I am so sure he shouted "No!" and jumped in front of the guy that he has been trying to kill for 6 years simply to break some stupid energy handcuffs that can be turned off by a simple button. And when did I ever say that it does not leave the audience in suspense?

Yeah, a button which Vilgax has perfect access to, as we all know, and separates his being in solitary confinement for the rest of his life and freedom.

Seriously, don't question the fact that he dived in front of the laser to break the handcuffs. If he had let the laser kill Ben, then it's off to confinement for the rest of his life and the destruction of his empire. Vilgax's motivation for that entire episode was to break free.
Off to confinment? Ben would be dead. He could easily take out Rook and those so called Plumbers if he had to. And escape from frog girl and the three stooges.

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

ZeroRecoil wrote:

Really,

How should I make this clear for everybody...no insults to other users!
Debate all you want, insult the series, swear, hate the writers...but I want the fanbase to at least have some respect on such a small forum.

I know I'm being off-topic. But I wanted everyone to understand that.

(This is to both of you)

Last edited by Sebastian13 on 23rd April 2014, 7:13 pm; edited 3 times in total

ZeroRecoil

ZeroRecoil
Plumber
Plumber

Hawkeye & Hulk wrote:
ZeroRecoil wrote:
Hawkeye & Hulk wrote:
ZeroRecoil wrote:

Really,

Off to confinment? Ben would be dead. He could easily take out Rook and those so called Plumbers if he had to. And escape from frog girl and the three stooges.

Not with those shackles. Any resistance and zap. That's kind of the point.

GagaFan

GagaFan
Human
Human

So Vilgax.... he returns to me.

Nice to see you, Vilgax.

Frog people..............not nice for me to see you. frogs GO AWAY Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad Mad Mad Mad Mad Twisted Evil

I like Vilgax every. Seven seven Sixsix Eighteight good for them to join me. They can be more killer though.

Omniverse.....it is sometimes good but most of time it wasn't good. So I wonder....

Vilgax doesen't kill Ben because......he gives him life? In doctor who it says by the daleks that the 'hatred is beautiful'

So maybe Vilgax because is alien has crazy different understanding from me and you, and you (humans) and he doesnt want Ben to die because deep down havin ben as a enemy keeps the flame lighting up. Anyone understanding? Complicated maybe. Probably too much for omniverse, but I like to add it to the deeper layings.

SoloIsPerfect

SoloIsPerfect
Human
Human

drecklee wrote:
Lukey wrote:What the hell, Vilgax's face looks terrible. I love that they brought his armour back but seriously, why does his face look even worse than it did in UAF? Every ounce of character and distinguishability in his face has been taken away, and that mask he's wearing impairs the emotive capability of his eyes to the point where his voice doesn't even look like it's coming out of the characters mouth. I was so looking forward to seeing Vilgax again but this design is awful.

I think this is the first time I've complained about a design in Omniverse  Shocked

I love that little Habble guy (or whatever his name is) though.
i love his crown that's not a helmet. Actually, he is perfection.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum