Uncle Grandpa
Ben Tenerator Rex
BigChillfan10
Sebastian13
aggi
43 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 40]

676Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 28 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 15th September 2012, 6:55 pm

ZeroRecoil

ZeroRecoil
Plumber
Plumber

[quote="Ebomnitrix"][quote="OprahWinfrey62"][quote="Ebomnitrix"]Lol looks like Bloxx's weakness is revealed, and Ben 10 on Facebook posted it too.
So now we know Bloxx will get a third appearance this season and Shocksquatch his second appearance.
I think this is the last thing that's gonna be leaked of Omniverse til the premiere, I have a huge feeling so.[/quote]

It isn't really a leak, as I got it from the Ben 10 Facebook, but I do think you're right, unless Derrick or Nobody surprises us.[/quote]
Hopefully yes, I want to see more stuff out of Ball Weevil and Kickin Hawk[/quote]

Honestly considering the level of Ball Weevil information that has been leaked I don't think that he is going to be appearing in the first ten episodes. That is all opinion but all the advertising is hinting at the main four plus Kickin Hawk and Crashhopper being the first aliens to appear.

677Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 28 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 15th September 2012, 7:32 pm

PrimordialBorscht

PrimordialBorscht
Plumber
Plumber

ZeroRecoil wrote:
Ebomnitrix wrote:
OprahWinfrey62 wrote:
Ebomnitrix wrote:Lol looks like Bloxx's weakness is revealed, and Ben 10 on Facebook posted it too.
So now we know Bloxx will get a third appearance this season and Shocksquatch his second appearance.
I think this is the last thing that's gonna be leaked of Omniverse til the premiere, I have a huge feeling so.

It isn't really a leak, as I got it from the Ben 10 Facebook, but I do think you're right, unless Derrick or Nobody surprises us.
Hopefully yes, I want to see more stuff out of Ball Weevil and Kickin Hawk

Honestly considering the level of Ball Weevil information that has been leaked I don't think that he is going to be appearing in the first ten episodes. That is all opinion but all the advertising is hinting at the main four plus Kickin Hawk and Crashhopper being the first aliens to appear.

I agree, about a month ago Derrick said that they had not gotten any animation of Ball Weevil back yet. The situation is probably different now, but like you said I don't think Ball Weevil will be in Season 1, and maybe not even in Season 2.

678Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 28 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 15th September 2012, 8:17 pm

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

Omniverse turned out pretty damn great...but I still think Derrick is a retard. (about the Ben 10 plot) Neutral

http://www.formspring.me/DerrickJWyatt/q/370733068123654421

It still terrifies me how he can't understand basic things about the series. Evil or Very Mad
There should be a requirement before working on a series: see all the episodes and understand them if possible.
But only in a perfect world would that happen.

679Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 28 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 15th September 2012, 10:31 pm

The Planning Man

The Planning Man

Sebastian13 wrote:Omniverse turned out pretty damn great...but I still think Derrick is a retard. (about the Ben 10 plot) Neutral

-link I'm not allowed to repost yet-

It still terrifies me how he can't understand basic things about the series. Evil or Very Mad
There should be a requirement before working on a series: see all the episodes and understand them if possible.
The Null Void worked much better without that prison. Derrick understands what was in the series, he just thinks it would've been better off without it.

680Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 28 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 16th September 2012, 1:52 am

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

The Planning Man wrote:
The Null Void worked much better without that prison. Derrick understands what was in the series, he just thinks it would've been better off without it.
Although I like the idea of the Void itself as a prison, it's pretty understandable that there'd be another prison in it (someone probably already said this but prisonception!). I mean, you don't just toss all the bad guys into one place and expect it to be fine, right? You still need to control or maintain it.

And welcome to the forums by the way Very Happy .

681Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 28 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 16th September 2012, 6:03 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Tsuchimikado Motoharu
Magister
Magister

Sebastian13 wrote:Omniverse turned out pretty damn great...but I still think Derrick is a retard. (about the Ben 10 plot) Neutral

http://www.formspring.me/DerrickJWyatt/q/370733068123654421

Actually...

The Null Void is a prison. That is all it was, all it was meant to be. The people working on UA decided to retcon that into "actually there are more prisons. Inside a prison." They neglected "basic things" about the series.

So.
If we're going to throw away stupid insults like that around, it turns out McDuffie and the gang were the real retards all along!!1! (And no, I don't actually mean that)

Also, that isn't called inception, it's recursion.

682Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 28 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 16th September 2012, 11:39 am

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Lodestar's Advocate wrote:

Actually...

The Null Void is a prison. That is all it was, all it was meant to be. The people working on UA decided to retcon that into "actually there are more prisons. Inside a prison." They neglected "basic things" about the series.

So.
If we're going to throw away stupid insults like that around, it turns out McDuffie and the gang were the real retards all along!!1! (And no, I don't actually mean that)

Also, that isn't called inception, it's recursion.
Actually...

The Null Void is technically a dimension. And it's highly plausible that aliens would dominate it and build prisons to control the evils inside it. It's the same reason why humans don't just put criminals in a box.

It is neglecting "basic things" but they had the right to add new ideas to the show they're writing. Because they are writing it. Derrick's different. I don't hate him anymore (just his designs), I've come to respect him even...but he can't seem to accept the concept of prisons within prisons. It's okay to not like the idea but he's actually working on a show that he can't accept the established ideas on.

So.
If McDuffie and his crew were retards for revealing a new idea without even so much as bending the continuity of Ben 10...then Derrick and his gang who are just plain retconning things, even animation and designs...must be brain-dead!1!!
(Sorry for the cruelty, trying to make a point and I didn't mean either insult Crying or Very sad I love both teams.)

Also, it's obviously not called inception, but it's a joke about the movie called - you guessed it - Recursion. Wait a minute...

EDIT: I apologize for being harsh about this Crying or Very sad .

Last edited by Zero Degrees on 16th September 2012, 11:54 am; edited 6 times in total

683Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 28 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 16th September 2012, 11:42 am

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

Actually, they added upon vague information, nothing contradicts with OS. Smile
Derrick, on the other side, is trying to cancel/retcon already existing information. Which is OK, as long as you understand what it was supposed to be before. Look at the comments, some of them explain it really nicely.
Sure, I was quick to criticize, I apologize about that. farao
But I hold my belief, Derrick should get himself into the franchise a bit more, he does work on it after all and he admitted himself he didn't watch a big part of UAF.

684Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 28 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 16th September 2012, 4:23 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Tsuchimikado Motoharu
Magister
Magister

The entire idea of the Null Void is that it's a lawless, unregulated penal dimension. Humans don't put criminals in a box because it's inhumane. The entire idea of the Null Void is that it serves as a particularly harsh holding place for the worse people in the galaxy. Incarceron, that's just a jail. The Null void is The Jail. You can't escape from it, so you don't need to control it. There is no need for other prisons inside it.

It actually does go against the original series, because it was a plot point in at least one episode that there was nothing in the Null Void keeping the inmates in check. That is fact. It's not vague information, it's explicit fact retconning.

Derrick is not even a writer, so his opinions are not something of the utmost importance. While he is one of the people involved in the story, he is not the person in charge of the story. If what he thinks contradicts the things in UAF that contradict the OS, it's really of no consequence if the other people involved (especially the scriptwriters) think it's kosher.

But what people need to understand is, CN purposefully hired the people in OV--all of them, including Derrick--to work on the story and retcon up all the necessary things weighing down the franchise.

What's really the point? A prison inside a prison? How is that original or necessary? It's just one of the many bits of useless things UAF shoved into the show that didn't make any sense.

685Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 28 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 16th September 2012, 5:10 pm

The Planning Man

The Planning Man

Lodestar's Advocate wrote:The entire idea of the Null Void is that it's a lawless, unregulated penal dimension. Humans don't put criminals in a box because it's inhumane. The entire idea of the Null Void is that it serves as a particularly harsh holding place for the worse people in the galaxy. Incarceron, that's just a jail. The Null void is The Jail. You can't escape from it, so you don't need to control it. There is no need for other prisons inside it.

It actually does go against the original series, because it was a plot point in at least one episode that there was nothing in the Null Void keeping the inmates in check. That is fact. It's not vague information, it's explicit fact retconning.

Derrick is not even a writer, so his opinions are not something of the utmost importance. While he is one of the people involved in the story, he is not the person in charge of the story. If what he thinks contradicts the things in UAF that contradict the OS, it's really of no consequence if the other people involved (especially the scriptwriters) think it's kosher.

But what people need to understand is, CN purposefully hired the people in OV--all of them, including Derrick--to work on the story and retcon up all the necessary things weighing down the franchise.

What's really the point? A prison inside a prison? How is that original or necessary? It's just one of the many bits of useless things UAF shoved into the show that didn't make any sense.
I agree with pretty much all of this, and you worded it quite well too Smile. The idea of a lawless land filled with the worst of the worst criminals appeals to me much more than a simple jail, complete with guards and a warden.

Zero Degrees wrote:Although I like the idea of the Void itself as a prison, it's pretty understandable that there'd be another prison in it (someone probably already said this but prisonception!). I mean, you don't just toss all the bad guys into one place and expect it to be fine, right? You still need to control or maintain it.

And welcome to the forums by the way Very Happy .
Thanks! Very Happy

686Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 28 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 16th September 2012, 5:36 pm

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

Lodestar's Advocate wrote:The entire idea of the Null Void is that it's a lawless, unregulated penal dimension. Humans don't put criminals in a box because it's inhumane. The entire idea of the Null Void is that it serves as a particularly harsh holding place for the worse people in the galaxy. Incarceron, that's just a jail. The Null void is The Jail. You can't escape from it, so you don't need to control it. There is no need for other prisons inside it.

I actually agree with most of what you said. I still like the idea of AF Null Void through.

687Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 28 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 16th September 2012, 5:44 pm

PrimordialBorscht

PrimordialBorscht
Plumber
Plumber

I like to compare the Null Void to Australia. Both were penal colonies where they would ship prisoners and (very brave) settlers. I'm sure that even when Australia was basically a "prison continent" there were still smaller jail establishments in it.

688Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 28 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 17th September 2012, 9:43 am

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

PrimordialBorscht wrote:I like to compare the Null Void to Australia. Both were penal colonies where they would ship prisoners and (very brave) settlers. I'm sure that even when Australia was basically a "prison continent" there were still smaller jail establishments in it.
Man...that's brilliant! Very Happy
How didn't I think of this before? That makes the Null Void twice as awesome.

And that prison was created for "slaves" (prisoners) to dig for drugs, there was probably some lobbying (or something like that) involved to build it in the Null Void. There aren't many other reasons for it to exist, they simply needed a legal pretext for getting those drugs.

689Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 28 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 17th September 2012, 10:13 am

Zero Degrees

Zero Degrees
Magister
Magister

Good points. In my personal opinion, though...Isn't it also inhuman to leave criminals in a dimension and just forget about? A dimension with harsh alien creatures, cruel environments and poor resources? Much worse than a box. We've also seen the Void abused before by Phil from OS who set free and trapped aliens... A little legality and control in a lawless dimension is/can be necessary, in my opinion. The Null Void is a prison but I don't see anything wrong with more prisons in it to keep things in check.

And "how is that original or necessary?" It's okay in originality. I can't really tell how it's necessary but maybe it is in the Ben 10 universe? Many things could go wrong, even in a dimension where there's no escape. But if you don't like it, that's alright. But for me, I think it makes sense or at least it CAN.

And maybe a simple prison is boring compared to a dimension...but in no way does it affect my perception of the Null Void.

BTW, Derrick's opinions aren't even related to OV whatsoever but I just don't like he's criticizing some things on a franchise he's working.

690Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 28 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 17th September 2012, 3:38 pm

Uncle Grandpa

Uncle Grandpa
Magister
Magister

Behold the new Brainstorm, Big Chill, and Swampfire...if you dare...

http://ben10gamecreator.cartoonnetwork.com/

Bigger pictures!

http://www.ben10toys.net/forum/topics/big-chill-swampfire-and-brainstorm-in-omniverse

http://shrek.com

691Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 28 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 17th September 2012, 3:54 pm

PrimordialBorscht

PrimordialBorscht
Plumber
Plumber

OprahWinfrey62 wrote:Behold the new Brainstorm, Big Chill, and Swampfire...if you dare...

Bigger pictures!

http://www.ben10toys.net/forum/topics/big-chill-swampfire-and-brainstorm-in-omniverse

Big Chill and Brainstorm...what have they done to you? Mad

Swampfire is okay, I guess, nothing new. But they totally RUINED Big Chill (in my opinion).

692Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 28 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 17th September 2012, 3:57 pm

Uncle Grandpa

Uncle Grandpa
Magister
Magister

PrimordialBorscht wrote:
OprahWinfrey62 wrote:Behold the new Brainstorm, Big Chill, and Swampfire...if you dare...

Bigger pictures!

Big Chill and Brainstorm...what have they done to you? Mad

Swampfire is okay, I guess, nothing new. But they totally RUINED Big Chill (in my opinion).

I dunno, I kinda like it. It's a totally different aesthetic (downright monstrous vs. merely creepy), but it works.

Does anyone else think that new Swampfire resembles this?

http://shrek.com

693Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 28 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 17th September 2012, 4:06 pm

ZeroRecoil

ZeroRecoil
Plumber
Plumber

[quote="OprahWinfrey62"][quote="PrimordialBorscht"][quote="OprahWinfrey62"]Behold the new Brainstorm, Big Chill, and Swampfire...if you dare...

[url=http://ben10gamecreator.cartoonnetwork.com/]http://ben10gamecreator.cartoonnetwork.com/[/url]

Bigger pictures!

[url=http://www.ben10toys.net/forum/topics/big-chill-swampfire-and-brainstorm-in-omniverse]http://www.ben10toys.net/forum/topics/big-chill-swampfire-and-brainstorm-in-omniverse[/url][/quote]

Big Chill and Brainstorm...what have they done to you? :x

Swampfire is okay, I guess, nothing new. But they totally RUINED Big Chill (in my opinion).[/quote]

I dunno, I kinda like it. It's a totally different aesthetic (downright monstrous vs. merely creepy), but it works.

Does anyone else think that new Swampfire resembles [url=http://www.brickshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/8410-e1273944680454.jpg]this[/url]?[/quote]

I'm great with all of them.
Except Swampfire, he looks kinda derpy.

People are going to have to adjust to Big Chill and Brainstorm though. I promise you now that they will look great in the context of the show.

694Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 28 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 17th September 2012, 6:26 pm

Sebastian13

Sebastian13
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

I like them. Swampfire is a bit creepy but Derrick wants to redo him so that's ok.
Old Big Chill was better but this one takes the "big" in Big Chill really seriously. Laughing

695Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 28 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 17th September 2012, 6:55 pm

Lukey

Lukey
Plumber
Plumber

Love Big Chill and Brainstorm... Swampfire not so much.

Have you guys seen the advert for 'Ben 10 Hack'? I don't know what it is but it looks like a crossover with that new Tron show. I know that's not likely but it's what it made me think of.

696Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 28 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 17th September 2012, 7:01 pm

painlee

painlee
Magister
Magister

don't mind Swampfire or Brainstorm but Big Chill look awful.

697Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 28 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 17th September 2012, 8:19 pm

PrimordialBorscht

PrimordialBorscht
Plumber
Plumber

painlee wrote:don't mind Swampfire or Brainstorm but Big Chill look awful.

This makes the new Big Chill even worse: http://images.wikia.com/ben10/images/e/ea/Big_Chill_OV.png

Big Chill is supposed to be thin and ghost-like, not like some hulking brute. Ben has got plenty of super-strength aliens, Big Chill doesn't need to be turn into a brawler. I can't imagine new Big Chill floating through things with intangibility, it looks like it would get stuck.

698Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 28 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 17th September 2012, 8:25 pm

ZeroRecoil

ZeroRecoil
Plumber
Plumber

[quote="PrimordialBorscht"][quote="painlee"]don't mind Swampfire or Brainstorm but Big Chill look awful.

[/quote]

This makes the new Big Chill even worse: http://images.wikia.com/ben10/images/e/ea/Big_Chill_OV.png

Big Chill is supposed to be thin and ghost-like, not like some hulking brute. Ben has got plenty of super-strength aliens, Big Chill doesn't need to be turn into a brawler. I can't imagine new Big Chill floating through things with intangibility, it looks like it would get stuck. [/quote]

No no no.
You don't understand, he's not a brawler, he's a hunched old man, look at that pick you posted again. He looks like an ugly ghost from a horror film until he unfolds his wings and looks muscular.
Those ideas aren't new, that's what the old Big Chill was supposed to look like, but just ended up looking generic.
This is just opinion though.

699Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 28 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 17th September 2012, 9:31 pm

painlee

painlee
Magister
Magister

PrimordialBorscht wrote:
painlee wrote:don't mind Swampfire or Brainstorm but Big Chill look awful.

Big Chill is supposed to be thin and ghost-like, not like some hulking brute. Ben has got plenty of super-strength aliens, Big Chill doesn't need to be turn into a brawler. I can't imagine new Big Chill floating through things with intangibility, it looks like it would get stuck.
yeah i prefer the old mothman look.

700Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 28 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 19th September 2012, 5:21 pm

CBobb1234

CBobb1234
Plumber
Plumber

Man, Big Chill's been taking steroids!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum