Uncle Grandpa
Ben Tenerator Rex
BigChillfan10
Sebastian13
aggi
43 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 40]

926Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 38 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 23rd January 2013, 3:16 am

Lukey

Lukey
Plumber
Plumber

Ben... as an anodite? Shocked

927Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 38 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 23rd January 2013, 3:39 am

Ebomnitrix

Ebomnitrix
Magister
Magister

I'm sorry but I knew Ben would go Anodite... just thought it would be greener...

so 3 new aliens to look forward too...: Toepick, Astrodactyl, BenAnodite

928Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 38 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 23rd January 2013, 4:15 am

Lamont_Cranston

Just checked back at Kevin Rubio's facebook page. He took both photos down and said he would post "safe versions" later.

929Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 38 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 23rd January 2013, 4:27 am

datdude

datdude
Plumber
Plumber

Oh well that's either rejected art or maybe possibly we are going to find out a little more about Anodites. Since that will mroe than likely involved either gwen sunny or grandma Verdona im totally cool with that.

930Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 38 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 23rd January 2013, 6:07 am

Helices

Helices
Human
Human

Lodestar's Advocate wrote:

Oh, sorry. I didn't know your pretentious stylistic opinions were a standard everyone should care about.

You're funny.

I never said anyone had to care about them, Im just posting them because... well... why not? Is there some rule against honest criticism? The only people who I would really like to agree with me is the producers, which is essentially impossible. But obviously someone cares enough (you) to respond to them as if they are valid points to consider in an argument....

And how are my opinions at all pretentious? I'm the one who's always said this about Omniverse, who do you think I strive to impress? I barely see anyone else take as much of a jab at the shows flaws as I do, and that's because everyone is actually greatly surprised by how good it is in comparison to their initial impression, when in reality its the flaws which make you search for the better parts and point them out. (The exception to this rule being new fans or people who disliked the previous continuity)

Its kind of like when your in a bad situation and you try to point out the upside because thats all you can do about it, basically. Rolling Eyes

931Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 38 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 23rd January 2013, 6:20 am

Helices

Helices
Human
Human

Sebastian13 wrote:

Those are details not worth losing the new trio of main villains and the apparent "Time war" plot. Derrick mentioned that one wasn't a joke.

I suggest you only watch these:

1.The More Things Change Part 1
2.The More Things Change Part 2
3.A Jolt From The Past
4.Trouble Helix
5.So Long, and Thanks for All the Smoothies?
6.Of Predators and Prey Part 1
7.Of Predators and Prey Part 2
8.Outbreak
9.Malefactor
10.Bros in Space
11.Ben Again (my favorite so far, if anything, at least watch this one)
Id say those all are pretty much the best ones. Haven't seen the last two yet though

932Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 38 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 24th January 2013, 2:43 am

datdude

datdude
Plumber
Plumber

DJW has said on his forumsprind that their wil likely be more then 60 eps of omniverse.

I really hope this show ends up having an arch the characters turn into something more relatable then where they started.

That or i need to get back into anime the American cartoon market is not doing it for me with OV like this and young justice airing infrequently.

Come on Korra season 2.

933Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 38 Empty No one raves like a Lodestar's surrogate 24th January 2013, 5:06 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Tsuchimikado Motoharu
Magister
Magister

Helices wrote:

Oh, sorry. I didn't know your pretentious stylistic opinions were a standard everyone should care about.

You're funny.

I never said anyone had to care about them, Im just posting them because... well... why not? Is there some rule against honest criticism? The only people who I would really like to agree with me is the producers, which is essentially impossible. But obviously someone cares enough (you) to respond to them as if they are valid points to consider in an argument....

And how are my opinions at all pretentious? I'm the one who's always said this about Omniverse, who do you think I strive to impress? I barely see anyone else take as much of a jab at the shows flaws as I do, and that's because everyone is actually greatly surprised by how good it is in comparison to their initial impression, when in reality its the flaws which make you search for the better parts and point them out. (The exception to this rule being new fans or people who disliked the previous continuity)

Its kind of like when your in a bad situation and you try to point out the upside because thats all you can do about it, basically. Rolling Eyes

The pretentious part of your argument is the notion that any stylistic choice to your derision (e.g. No pupils) is laughable. You can say what you want about the style, but saying "This highly successful professional's art for a comedic show isn't serious enough!" is in its entirety a flawed argument.

I will repeat what I've said countless times: Most of Omniverse's perceived flaws (Though certainly not all. It is not, after all, perfect) stem from a misunderstanding of what show it's trying to be. No, it is not serious, melodramatic, or plot-driven. It is very much silly and comedic and irreverent. Whether this in itself is a flaw is a matter of opinion, but one cannot fault them for not making something serious when they didn't intend to make something serious in the first place. One cannot fault them either when what they're doing is obviously working. Omniverse is already going to be the longest show of the franchise with 60 episodes. Derrick has said that it will likely have more episodes, which most likely means it'll go to a full 80 at least. This shows a great deal of confidence from Cartoon Network, which can mean little else than the fact that fan reactions as a whole are extremely positive. In my opinion (and more importantly, that of the target audience) Omniverse is a far superior show to previous series. It accomplishes what it's going for and is far more consistent in its writing and animation than any series before it. It may turn off viewers like you--Nothing has universal appeal, of course--but this doesn't mean that its merits and success can be ignored.

Then again, I feel like most of the complaints against Omniverse "ruining Ben 10" stem from some idea that there was something to ruin in the first place? I loved the OS (still do for the most part) and the first part of Alien Force. But that was when I was in elementary school and I could make no distinctions between what was quality work and not. AF and UA did nothing for me afterwards. They were boring and bland and fell on their faces most of the time. Anything--pretty much literally anything--would be better. And Omniverse is not "just anything." It is a series with Derrick freaking Wyatt as an art director, which in itself makes it a watch-worthy enough show. Add to that solid voice acting (props to Ben's aliens no longer being one person and especially to Bumper Robinson), the fact that after over 5 years long-forgotten aliens like Grey Matter, Wildvine, Ditto, Eye Guy, Articguana and the Benmonsters are returning, a little humor and completely irreverent storylines, (Not to mention that the big bad is a reference to my favorite anime) and well....you have a loyal watcher in me.

And even if Omniverse is not perfect--which it really isn't-- it is subjected to a lot of criticism that I feel is unfair. And because "Omniverse sucks" is a view that most people hold still, someone has to play devil's advocate.

Hello.

That would be me.

934Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 38 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 24th January 2013, 7:45 am

ZeroRecoil

ZeroRecoil
Plumber
Plumber

Helices wrote:

You're funny.

The pretentious part of your argument is the notion that any stylistic choice to your derision (e.g. No pupils) is laughable. You can say what you want about the style, but saying "This highly successful professional's art for a comedic show isn't serious enough!" is in its entirety a flawed argument.

I will repeat what I've said countless times: Most of Omniverse's perceived flaws (Though certainly not all. It is not, after all, perfect) stem from a misunderstanding of what show it's trying to be. No, it is not serious, melodramatic, or plot-driven. It is very much silly and comedic and irreverent. Whether this in itself is a flaw is a matter of opinion, but one cannot fault them for not making something serious when they didn't intend to make something serious in the first place. One cannot fault them either when what they're doing is obviously working. Omniverse is already going to be the longest show of the franchise with 60 episodes. Derrick has said that it will likely have more episodes, which most likely means it'll go to a full 80 at least. This shows a great deal of confidence from Cartoon Network, which can mean little else than the fact that fan reactions as a whole are extremely positive. In my opinion (and more importantly, that of the target audience) Omniverse is a far superior show to previous series. It accomplishes what it's going for and is far more consistent in its writing and animation than any series before it. It may turn off viewers like you--Nothing has universal appeal, of course--but this doesn't mean that its merits and success can be ignored.

Then again, I feel like most of the complaints against Omniverse "ruining Ben 10" stem from some idea that there was something to ruin in the first place? I loved the OS (still do for the most part) and the first part of Alien Force. But that was when I was in elementary school and I could make no distinctions between what was quality work and not. AF and UA did nothing for me afterwards. They were boring and bland and fell on their faces most of the time. Anything--pretty much literally anything--would be better. And Omniverse is not "just anything." It is a series with Derrick freaking Wyatt as an art director, which in itself makes it a watch-worthy enough show. Add to that solid voice acting (props to Ben's aliens no longer being one person and especially to Bumper Robinson), the fact that after over 5 years long-forgotten aliens like Grey Matter, Wildvine, Ditto, Eye Guy, Articguana and the Benmonsters are returning, a little humor and completely irreverent storylines, (Not to mention that the big bad is a reference to my favorite anime) and well....you have a loyal watcher in me.

And even if Omniverse is not perfect--which it really isn't-- it is subjected to a lot of criticism that I feel is unfair. And because "Omniverse sucks" is a view that most people hold still, someone has to play devil's advocate.

Hello.

That would be me.

Did you know that OV is the highest ranking show among 9-14 years old on Cartoon Network. I'm amazed that it's that expansive towards teenage watchers, I'm only outside of the top bound. Very Happy
http://www.nickandmore.com/2013/01/23/cartoon-network-ratings-notes-for-january-14-20-2013/

Oh, and amazing post by the way, I wish that I could write these thoughts out as succinctly as you do.

935Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 38 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 24th January 2013, 8:16 am

datdude

datdude
Plumber
Plumber

So the ratings are % and day/time related? Does that mean the numbers don't match up to af and ua because the aired on a different day of the week?

936Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 38 Empty AWESOME NEWS!!!! (*SPOILERS*) 24th January 2013, 9:05 pm

Ursalink

Plumber
Plumber

Guys, I have AWESOME news about possible spoilers for Omniverse!!! I have been checking Derrick J Wyatt's place and I have found some very awesome pictures about what we can wait for the future episodes of "Ben 10: Omniverse".

The first one shows Clockwork's design for the Young Ben (which we already saw in "Ben Again") and the design of BenVicktor for Omniverse. Too bad is so tiny, but it's better than nothing:
Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 38 Ben+10+omniverse++ben+victor

Spoiler:

Well, what do you think?

937Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 38 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 24th January 2013, 9:25 pm

datdude

datdude
Plumber
Plumber

This was posted some place else i think. Im glad to see the anodites / gwen end of things isn't being lost totally.

938Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 38 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 24th January 2013, 9:28 pm

ZeroRecoil

ZeroRecoil
Plumber
Plumber

Ursalink wrote:Guys, I have AWESOME news about possible spoilers for Omniverse!!! I have been checking Derrick J Wyatt's place and I have found some very awesome pictures about what we can wait for the future episodes of "Ben 10: Omniverse".

The first one shows Clockwork's design for the Young Ben (which we already saw in "Ben Again") and the design of BenVicktor for Omniverse. Too bad is so tiny, but it's better than nothing:

Spoiler:

Well, what do you think?

I think that:
A - We have already found out about this and we talked about it when it first came out Yesterday.
B - Just because an important bit of news appears doesn't mean that it warrants its own thread. Go to Omniverse Chatter or somewhere, which is where we talked about this yesterday.
C - Many people frequent Derrick's Formspring daily, and some people like LA and Oprah are community staples over there, It's always safe to assume that if anything appears on Derrick's formspring it will be discussed within the hour.
D - What do you mean, Possible spoilers? This is about as spoilerific as this gets.
E - The guy who originally posted these pictures on his Facebook asked the poster on this site to take down the picture. I would suggest that you do the same.

Sorry for the flippant remarks, I'm not feeling at my best today and you dragged my hopes up with your alluring thread.

939Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 38 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 24th January 2013, 10:59 pm

painlee

painlee
Magister
Magister

i don't know anodyte ben design seem kind of lazy but it confirmed i guess the new omnitrix can also now collect energy being ,energy signatures?

940Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 38 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 24th January 2013, 11:01 pm

datdude

datdude
Plumber
Plumber

painlee wrote:i don't know anodyte ben design seem kind of lazy but it confirmed i guess the new omnitrix can also now collect energy being ,energy signatures?

Who knows at this point

941Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 38 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 24th January 2013, 11:48 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Tsuchimikado Motoharu
Magister
Magister

I still think this is not a serious design.

942Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 38 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 25th January 2013, 12:46 pm

datdude

datdude
Plumber
Plumber

killing time on imdb and i noticed ua had this listing for producers

Donna Smith .... producer (32 episodes, 2010-2011)
Dwayne McDuffie .... producer (23 episodes, 2010-2012)
Glen Murakami .... producer (7 episodes, 2010-2012)

while omniverse has

Series Produced by
Vince Aniceto .... producer (7 episodes, 2012)
Donna Smith .... producer (7 episodes, 2012)
Matt Youngberg .... supervising producer (7 episodes, 2012)
Rob Sorcher .... executive producer: Cartoon Network (6 episodes, 2012)
Tramm Wigzell .... executive producer: Cartoon Network (6 episodes, 2012)
Brian A. Miller .... executive producer: Cartoon Network Studios (5 episodes, 2012)
Jennifer Pelphrey .... executive producer: Cartoon Network Studios (5 episodes, 2012)

Thats a lot more people doing a few eps then the larger numbers on the ealier series.

Is this how they divided up work after they lost Dwayne or an intentional move?

943Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 38 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 25th January 2013, 12:52 pm

verbomaniac

Plumber
Plumber

I saw this picture and if you look at Toepick, his eyes are popping out of his mask. Since it is a possible sneak peek at his powers I thought I should share. I couldn't find the picture online so here is the link to formspring where I originally saw the picture.

http://www.formspring.me/DerrickJWyatt/q/418824595894727770

944Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 38 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 25th January 2013, 3:15 pm

Doctor Admino

Doctor Admino
Admin

ZeroRecoil wrote:
Ursalink wrote:Guys, I have AWESOME news about possible spoilers for Omniverse!!! I have been checking Derrick J Wyatt's place and I have found some very awesome pictures about what we can wait for the future episodes of "Ben 10: Omniverse".

Spoiler:

Well, what do you think?

I think that:
A - We have already found out about this and we talked about it when it first came out Yesterday.
B - Just because an important bit of news appears doesn't mean that it warrants its own thread. Go to Omniverse Chatter or somewhere, which is where we talked about this yesterday.
C - Many people frequent Derrick's Formspring daily, and some people like LA and Oprah are community staples over there, It's always safe to assume that if anything appears on Derrick's formspring it will be discussed within the hour.
D - What do you mean, Possible spoilers? This is about as spoilerific as this gets.
E - The guy who originally posted these pictures on his Facebook asked the poster on this site to take down the picture. I would suggest that you do the same.

Sorry for the flippant remarks, I'm not feeling at my best today and you dragged my hopes up with your alluring thread.

Solved B and D. I do not agree with E. The image stays.

https://ben10.forumotion.co.uk

945Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 38 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 25th January 2013, 4:54 pm

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

Helices wrote:

You're funny.

Hello.

That would be me.
Uhh yeah but then that just means my main issue with OV is that it's not actually funny. Especially after watching the reairing of Animaniacs on The Hub. But then again most modern cartoons like Adventure Time and Flapjack don't do it for me. It's trying to be more whimsical then funny, but I was a fan of USA Network's MONK was brilliant with is whimsical qualities.

If OV is trying to be funny then it's doing a poor job and while I understand blaming it for being something it's not, wasn't this supposed to be an action show?? But even as a comedy it falls very flat compared to the likes of Ed, Edd and Eddy, Courage, Teen Titans and at least Adventure Time is well drawn and colored even if I don't care for the story much.

946Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 38 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 25th January 2013, 6:06 pm

ZeroRecoil

ZeroRecoil
Plumber
Plumber

mace23 wrote:
Helices wrote:

You're funny.

I made a long-ass post. Zero Recoil is going to cut it down to save scrolling time
Uhh yeah but then that just means my main issue with OV is that it's not actually funny. Especially after watching the reairing of Animaniacs on The Hub. But then again most modern cartoons like Adventure Time and Flapjack don't do it for me. It's trying to be more whimsical then funny, but I was a fan of USA Network's MONK was brilliant with is whimsical qualities.

If OV is trying to be funny then it's doing a poor job and while I understand blaming it for being something it's not, wasn't this supposed to be an action show?? But even as a comedy it falls very flat compared to the likes of Ed, Edd and Eddy, Courage, Teen Titans and at least Adventure Time is well drawn and colored even if I don't care for the story much.

Well, it is in an action show primarily.
I think the point here is that Omniverse is an action show which contains light hearted and humorous elements(In the same space as The Avengers) as opposed to UAF which was an action show which contains quite dark and sad elements (in the same space as the Nolan Batman trilogy).

947Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 38 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 25th January 2013, 8:39 pm

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

ZeroRecoil wrote:
mace23 wrote:
Helices wrote:

You're funny.

I made a long-ass post. Zero Recoil is going to cut it down to save scrolling time

Well, it is in an action show primarily.
I think the point here is that Omniverse is an action show which contains light hearted and humorous elements(In the same space as The Avengers) as opposed to UAF which was an action show which contains quite dark and sad elements (in the same space as the Nolan Batman trilogy).
The Avengers uses pop culture jokes and quips not silly visual gags and inconsequentially storytelling just to get in a joke.

Omniverse reminds me of an 80s cartoon, a lackluster 80s cartoon like M.A.S.K, rather then a silly charming jem like GI Joe.

Alien Force is like the Cowboy Bebop/ Beast Wars of the franchise.

948Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 38 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 25th January 2013, 10:16 pm

datdude

datdude
Plumber
Plumber

@mace 23

I'll give you that so far at least OV has been lackluster. AF reinvented the franchise and set it on its course for good or ill for four years. UA had its flaws but it tired build on AF and honsty produced me favorite episodes some of them in my mind beating out the original series. Maybe in retrospect it made ben and co grew up too fast, and their was little room to go forward after it was over.

IF OV pans out. If it turns out in 2016, im looking at the series in my netflix que and looking back over it their was an arch, and underlying plot thread worthy of what I loved about the past series even if the start of it made it look like Ben forgot all the lessons he'd learned up till that point, I'll still be glad it happened.

If not and the only way for to keep making the show war for ben to forget it all, us loose the intresting side characters for Rook im boring blanko and just continue on a echo of past glory like the "13 ghosts of scooby do" or "dragonball GT" then well im sure ill have room in my que in 2016 for better shows.

For right now lets all just take a step back and give them a little while longer. AF needed 26 episodes to reach greatness ill give this show till ep 30.

949Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 38 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 25th January 2013, 11:55 pm

mace23

Plumber
Plumber

datdude wrote:@mace 23

I'll give you that so far at least OV has been lackluster. AF reinvented the franchise and set it on its course for good or ill for four years. UA had its flaws but it tired build on AF and honsty produced me favorite episodes some of them in my mind beating out the original series. Maybe in retrospect it made ben and co grew up too fast, and their was little room to go forward after it was over.

IF OV pans out. If it turns out in 2016, im looking at the series in my netflix que and looking back over it their was an arch, and underlying plot thread worthy of what I loved about the past series even if the start of it made it look like Ben forgot all the lessons he'd learned up till that point, I'll still be glad it happened.

If not and the only way for to keep making the show war for ben to forget it all, us loose the intresting side characters for Rook im boring blanko and just continue on a echo of past glory like the "13 ghosts of scooby do" or "dragonball GT" then well im sure ill have room in my que in 2016 for better shows.

For right now lets all just take a step back and give them a little while longer. AF needed 26 episodes to reach greatness ill give this show till ep 30.

I agree, people should watch Omniverse on it's own merits
because eventually it'll just be another entry in a long running franchise like Transformers or Batman. It has to be judged on it's own(FYI I even liked The Batman even with the horrible rep it got for NOT being Batman TAS), not by what happened before(even if it's claiming glory for celebrating the past).

But what I mentioned before isn't just blind nostalgia that the earlier series were superior but rather analyzing what works and what doesn't.

950Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) - Page 38 Empty Re: Ben 10:Omniverse chatter :) 25th January 2013, 11:57 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Tsuchimikado Motoharu
Magister
Magister

mace23 wrote:
Helices wrote:

You're funny.

Hello.

That would be me.

Which again boils down to the same old, a matter of opinion. All I'm saying is, nobody's opinion really matters here. (Which means. Nobody's) It isn't going to change the fact that the intended audience loves Omniverse. And I don't really care that people dislike it or anything--just don't speak like fact it is when it is not.

And yes, it is an action show, but that has 0 relevance on what tone itl adopts. The action genre is massive in its diversity. They tried something in UAF. They failed. They're doing something different with Omniverse. And it is working.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum